Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video (17282 Views)

We Will Give Edo State Permission To Fix Bad Federal Roads - Umahi / Bad Federal Roads: "You Are Biased" Niger Senators Accuse Minister Of Works / Ogun Residents Cry Out Over Bad Roads, Accuse Government Of Abandonment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by stanley000: 6:10am On Dec 05, 2018
Those skull miners can fix up th roads for them
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:
Una never learn. Go ahead and vote them again after the elections you will sure have a feel of what it means to live next to the PIT of HELL

For the past 16 years of pdp,was that same road rehabilited?
look for other reasons bro.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by yrex01(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

Did that post mention PDP. I see you just want to vent your anger in PDP.
Anyway most roads you are playing were all built by PDP and APC has not seen it for to finish them because they inflate the cost of a kilometer of a road to 1billion qnd they embark on needless and wasteful ventures. (Ogun now has more bridges than rivers and delta states combined together)

In the east Okorocha (APC) built roads that were soon washed away by rains while woke and uguayi (enugu) keep building good roads.

Even the ambode that is doing a fantastic job on road was sent packing by your greedy leaders because he doesn't share money.

Lastly how many kilometer of road did APC construct in Abuja so it was buhari that did it in 1983 Abi?. Common lagos ibadan expressway you cannot complete.

You're as lazy as your leaders thinking. You can think alone. Any party that is killing your people and are not performing kick out. Be it broom or umbrella. They will end up wasting another 4 yrs of your existence as Nigeria.
u hungry n angry at d same time. Does d road spoil 3 years ago ? Y blaming d gov that just spend 3yesrs in power. Hypocrite kiii u der
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by sokera: 6:38am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

Anyway most roads you are playing were all built by PDP and APC has not seen it for to finish them because they inflate the cost of a kilometer of a road to 1billion qnd they embark on needless and wasteful ventures. (Ogun now has more bridges than rivers and delta states combined together)

In the east Okorocha (APC) built roads that were soon washed away by rains while woke and uguayi (enugu) keep building good roads.

Even the ambode that is doing a fantastic job on road was sent packing by your greedy leaders because he doesn't share money.

Lastly how many kilometer of road did APC construct in Abuja so it was buhari that did it in 1983 Abi?. Common lagos ibadan expressway you cannot complete.

You're as lazy as your leaders thinking. You can think alone. Any party that is killing your people and are not performing kick out. Be it broom or umbrella. They will end up wasting another 4 yrs of your existence as Nigeria.
only fools will blame APC of 4 years over PDP of 16 years ... mention one road PDP built in 16 years in the region ?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by yrex01(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

Can you imagine this kind question?
You would have made a lot of sense if you had kept quiet.
stop d insult n ans him !! U can't blame those that overlook it for bout 10years but u can curse who don't fix it for 3 years. Common sense bro, common sense !!!
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
It's not about the vote it's about getting things done
It is about vote. Those politicians are heartless
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by iybee24(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2018
Even if they vote for another person come 2019 there is no assurance that the road will be fixed in the next 10 year
lagosrd:
Una never learn. Go ahead and vote them again after the elections you will sure have a feel of what it means to live next to the PIT of HELL
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2018
jeff1607:

the job is quite easy

people do 24/7 for a whole month or more, especially when the job is at the comfort of your home. I repeat too easy
Well, you may be right bro.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by momove4real25(f): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2018
pentax:

Ado odo Ota LGA has the worst road in all the places I've been too, seems like the government has forgotten that people live there. Lafenwa down to a bridge that connects ogun to Ayobo in lagos
itele ota route, osuke, ilaro yewa axis, yewa badagry route, agbara lusada.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Gbolarshow: 8:01am On Dec 05, 2018
I can't just believe we can have such death trap road in 20 century. Shame on our leaders. Fashola the SAN is a nuclear disaster to our country - square peg on a round hole. I regretted ever thought of Buhari capability to salvage our dear Nation.

We cannot wait to correct this come 2019.

Fashola keep seeking northern favour by focusing on their roads and amenities while your home is in ruin.

Time shall tell...
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:12am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

shut up man, how many roads did Pdp contract in their wasted 16 years in power. They kept budgeting for same roads year in year out.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by adeoba2008(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2018
While the road is bad , Amosun is busy erecting useless flyover that he cannot complete.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Olufemiolaolu:
shut up man, how many roads did Pdp contract in their wasted 16 years in power. They kept budgeting for same roads year in year out.

You're a virus. I made bold to say that. So all the roads in Nigeria were all done by APC you need to be serviced. Block head
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2018
yrex01:
stop d insult n ans him !! U can't blame those that overlook it for bout 10years but u can curse who don't fix it for 3 years. Common sense bro, common sense !!!

Do you think life is about blame and wishful thinking. Even buhari himself said he will no longer complain about his predecessors. What manner of youth is Nigeria producing.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2018
iybee24:
Even if they vote for another person come 2019 there is no assurance that the road will be fixed in the next 10 year

Any serious minded person will finish that road in 3 yrs or better put it in a workable condition or motorable state so we don't keep living as if we are animals.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2018
sokera:
only fools will blame APC of 4 years over PDP of 16 years ... mention one road PDP built in 16 years in the region ?

I can go on and on but let me quickly educate you a bit. Ure not exposed at all.

Ogun state
It was PDP that dualised abeokuta Sagamu interchange.
It was PDPD that did papa road

In oyo state
It was PDP that connected Osun to Oyo State for the benefit of Lauteck ogbomosho- ilajue- ifon - Osogbo road. Go and check the road now. Not maintained at all

In Osun
Sekona-edun abon-moro was not a terrible road to ply

In ekiti
Check the entrants into these towns
Ikole (Ado- ilu omoba- ikole road)
Ikere (ado to ikere) check the Ondo side
Iyin ekiti etc

Just a few to mention.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2018
yrex01:
u hungry n angry at d same time. Does d road spoil 3 years ago ? Y blaming d gov that just spend 3yesrs in power. Hypocrite kiii u der

Can't comprehend what you're trying to say. Cross over to the other side of the road and get a nursery school teacher to help you compose a sensible and meaningful piece . Virus internet is not for you
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:47am On Dec 05, 2018
bozzyjoan:

For the past 16 years of pdp,was that same road rehabilited?
look for other reasons bro.

Why start a project when you know it only for political campaigns. The users of the road suffers not the government in power.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by lagosrd: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2018
Olufemiolaolu:
what has Pdp done in past on roads?

They dig potholes you have been plying since
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Reference(m): 9:00am On Dec 05, 2018
Some are still talking about a regime voted out almost four years ago.... and absolving a state government that has been in power close to eight years and still is.... I just do not understand. Okay, leave the roads as they are. Don't hold your leaders to account. Even the much maligned pastor in that area offered to partner to rebuild some roads but it has not received the necessary cooperation. Even PPP solutions cannot work and folks here are playing politics.... shame.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by Reference(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2018
Olufemiolaolu:

Oga, stop this nonsense and join the protest to get things done!!!. What is your gain in all this. Can the PDP help you now. Can the PDP rebuild those roads. Why not wake up and hold power to account instead of trying to shield mediocrity. That is how democracy works. It is not a fashion parade. The APC holds power at the local government, state and Federal levels and you are here shouting PDP. Some of you folks are just impossible.

Okay, don't call on the government and roam around the PDP. Let me see how those roads will be fixed. Be playing politics with your welfare and destiny....nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by GRADEXP2(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2018
sokera:

I work and reside in Agbara. This is a statement of fact: Between 2015 to 2017, my personal income tax to Ogun State was more than 1.5m naira. I am a middle range income earner, working for one of the multi-national companies here. We are all aware a former state governor in this country paid 400k tax in 3 years!
This road has never been this bad, I can assure you. Whilst we pay taxes (PAYE) to Ogun state government, the Federal government collects VAT from companies - including withholding taxes.
Would it not be reasonable for a responsible state government to give back to a community where more than 70% of its revenues is generated?
If as an individual (mid-range) salary earner like me could pay more than 1.5m tax in 3 years, how much more would high range earners and companies pay?
The state is making so much money from this area and is doing so little to assist the people.
We are not asking for too much - FIX OUR ROADS. Is that too much to demand from government? We all need to collectively stamp out impunity by our leaders; that is the message.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by sokera: 10:13am On Dec 05, 2018
GRADEXP2:

I work and reside in Agbara. This is a statement of fact: Between 2015 to 2017, my personal income tax to Ogun State was more than 1.5m naira. I am a middle range income earner, working for one of the multi-national companies here. We are all aware a former state governor in this country paid 400k tax in 3 years!
This road has never been this bad, I can assure you. Whilst we pay taxes (PAYE) to Ogun state government, the Federal government collects VAT from companies - including withholding taxes.
Would it not be reasonable for a responsible state government to give back to a community where more than 70% of its revenues is generated?
If as an individual (mid-range) salary earner like me could pay more than 1.5m tax in 3 years, how much more would high range earners and companies pay?
The state is making so much money from this area and is doing so little to assist the people.
We are not asking for too much - FIX OUR ROADS. Is that too much to demand from government? We all need to collectively stamp out impunity by our leaders; that is the message.
you need to differentiate the state roads from the federal roads
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by sokera: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

I can go on and on but let me quickly educate you a bit. Ure not exposed at all.

Ogun state

In oyo state
It was PDP that connected Osun to Oyo State for the benefit of Lauteck ogbomosho- ilajue- ifon - Osogbo road. Go and check the road now. Not maintained at all

In Osun

In ekiti
Iyin ekiti etc

Just a few to mention.
you must be kidding me , most of these roads you mentioned are constructed by the military regime... go and find out ... OBJ did nothing for the south west ... Same with GEJ ... you can fool yourself
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by sokera: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2018
lagosrd:

Ogun state

In oyo state

In Osun

In ekiti
Iyin ekiti etc

Just a few to mention.
you should be even ashamed to come here to say this trash , PDP spend 16 years and none of these road are good again , do you mean PDP roads go after them ? Solid roads should be good for not less than 30 years ...
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by vincixpresso: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2018
TheGreenLand:

Mynd44 is a great and hardworking guy....and other moderators who know their job.
You have to be at ALERT 24/7 to do the job!
It's not a job I or most people can do.
The other mod should only *************edited! smiley

They aren't doing anything I can't do. If I have this opportunity, will perform 2x better than them
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by vincixpresso: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2018
....but Obasanjo was a president for 8yrs
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by pentax(m): 10:37am On Dec 05, 2018
momove4real25:
itele ota route, osuke, ilaro yewa axis, yewa badagry route, agbara lusada.
The roads are becoming worse everyday and the government doesn't seem to care
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by GRADEXP2(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2018
sokera:
you need to differentiate the state roads from the federal roads

Does it really matter? Both state and Federal government collect taxes from this area - both are controlled by the same party.

Differentiating state from federal roads is the propaganda machinery used when the party at the centre is different from the party controlling the state - when I say party, I mean political party.
Re: Ogun Residents Stage Protest Over Bad Federal Road - Photos & Video by sokera: 11:34am On Dec 05, 2018
GRADEXP2:

Does it really matter? Both state and Federal government collect taxes from this area - both are controlled by the same party.

Differentiating state from federal roads is the propaganda machinery used when the party at the centre is different from the party controlling the state - when I say party, I mean political party.
let me educate you , the different is that State governments can’t construct or repair federal roads ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’ll Accept People’s Verdict — Tinubu / Hoodlums Attack Aregbesola Supporters In Osun(photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.