Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges (679 Views)

INEC, Actually Told Us, Results Will Be Collated Manually / 2023 Election Results Will Be Collated Manually – INEC / Atiku Lauds Nigerians, Says Collated Results Show He’s Leading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by dre11(m): 6:55am On Dec 05, 2018
By Ahmed Musa

Abuja – The dust from the purported indictment of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo over funds for National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) intervention in the North East is yet to settle.

Johnson Agbonayinma, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the House of Representatives, on Tuesday alleged of an ongoing plot to impeach the vice president.

The lawmaker in a statement he read before journalists in the House also said signatures were already being collated for the said purpose.

It would be recalled that the House through its committee on emergency and disaster preparedness led by Ali Isa (PDP, Gombe) accused the vice president of hurriedly inaugurating NEMA’s governing board and approving contracts worth N33 billion without due process.

While the report did not categorically indict the vice president with regards to fraud or misappropriation of funds, it, however, recommended the removal of NEMA DG, Mustapha Maihaja, whilst asking for his prosecution.

But briefing newsmen on Tuesday, Agbonayinma accused some unnamed politicians of plotting to impeach Osinbajo over the matter, insisting that such development will not do the system any good.

He further claimed that already signatures are being collated for that purpose even as he accused some media houses whom he also failed to name as championing the said plot.

According to Agbonayinma, the issues raised in the probe on NEMA had to do with misappropriation of funds by the director general of the agency, as well as the day-to-day running of the agency with special focus on spending, procurement processes, among others.

He further cautioned that as the country marches towards the 2019 general elections, efforts must be made by all stakeholders to bring peace in the land, instead of playing the usual manipulative partisan politics.

“We are aware that signatures are being collated for the impeachment of the vice president. The reason is because of the outcome of the NEMA investigation.

“For the records, the issues raised in the probe on NEMA had to do with misappropriation of funds by the director general and the everyday functioning of the agency with special focus on financial spending, procurement processes, among others.

“I urge us not to over-heat the polity. As elections draw nearer, we must shun tendencies and actions that divide us, our campaigns and actions must be driven by issues and policies and not prebendal politics.”

When asked why he was doing what looked like a hatchet job for the vice president since he is neither from Lagos or Ogun where Osinbajo hails from, Agbonayinma said, “I am a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), so I am eminently qualified to do what I am doing. Secondly, I am a Nigerian and must speak the truth no matter the political divide. When I was in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), I used to defend the APC when the need arises and now that I am in APC I also defend the PDP when the need is there.”

Meanwhile, when contacted to react to the allegation as made by Agbonayinma, the House Spokesman, Abdulrazak Namdas, debunked the claim in its entirety.

He said there was no move to impeach the vice president or anyone for that matter as the House is preoccupied with meeting its pressing legislative responsibilities on behalf of Nigerians.

Speaking on phone, Namdas, who denied the allegation, insisted that if there’s such a move in the House he should know as he speaks for the House.

“Quote me anywhere, there’s no plot to impeach anybody, neither are signatures being gathered against anyone.

“People are entitled to their opinions but as far as I’m concerned as the one who speaks for the House, there’s nothing like that to the best of my knowledge”, Namdas assured.

https://www.independent.ng/signatures-being-collated-to-impeach-osinbajo-rep-alleges/

lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by daddytime(m): 7:05am On Dec 05, 2018
If this news turns out to be true and not just some rabble rousing shitt..it then makes sense to begin to believe that there is indeed a " Jubril from Sudan" at the rocky villa imposing, a claim I have until now found laughable and ridiculous.

But I trust Tinubu and his control of the press to dabaru everything and save Nigerians this unabated embarrassment by no choice.

We dey watch.

1 Like

Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by Nbote(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2018
Some of dis ppl are shameless...
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by alsudan: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2018
Osinbajo must be President when Jubrin eventually gets tired and runs back to Sudan. This Una impeachment plot no go work. grin

1 Like

Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by yarimo(m): 7:28am On Dec 05, 2018
Jokes of the month. So the house of reps members think they can impeach nigeria vice-president with out two third of the senate and two third of the 36 state houses of assembly?
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by HungerMustGo: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2018
=>Just what wrong did this gentle man do. He never abducted Leah Shuraibu and everyone crucify him for it.

=>Accused of 5 billion fraud without hearing his side of the story.

Problem is there's nothing notable he has done aside this two accusations.

These same people calling for his head are celebrating rogue politicians that have literally done 100 times worse with proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by ijustdey: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2018
is osinbajo having skeleton in his cuboard

lalasticlala
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by Peacecore: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2018
Laughable! They are no longer impeaching PMB it's now Oshinbajo. Vultures eating our money without work. Anyway PDP media crew will still celebrate it.
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by slimfit1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
APC is a no go area.
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by Corrinthians(m): 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2018

While the report did not categorically indict the vice president with regards to fraud or misappropriation of funds, it, however, recommended the removal of NEMA DG, Mustapha Maihaja, whilst asking for his prosecution.
So, upon what premise are the siggys being collected? grin

3 Likes

Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by Afamed: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
Corrinthians:
So, upon what premise are the siggys being collected? grin
Ignore the mofo , he might not know the process of impeachment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by ozo13(m): 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2018
Make pdp no make mistake oo else apc will use every mechinary to bring them down
Re: Signatures Being Collated To Impeach Osinbajo, Rep Alleges by Stalwert: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
The games this dirty morons are playing can be replicated with ease.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku And Tinubu At War / Is Davido An Edo Man? / Why Atiku Avoiding The Debate Is A Wise Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.