Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned (495 Views)

President, Wife, Son Spent Over 250 Days Abroad For Treatment / Aisha Buhari: $16million For Mosquito Nets Shocks President's Wife / 2019: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Allege Ex-president, Wife Working For Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 05, 2018
My people have a proverb which goes thus: ''The anteater says that anything he sees and runs from, there must be something extraordinary about it.'' The presidents Wife, Aisha Buhari, is in such a good situation as the president's wife living in the luxurious Aso rock, where everything she ever wanted is provided. She shouldn't bother if the country is burning, unless she is a patriot. She has cried so much about the President and the way the country is being run, and it is foolishness for Nigerians not to begin to pay attention now. ''One should look for a black goat in the afternoon.". This her latest cry before the 2019 elections should raise deep concern within us.

Wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, yesterday revealed that the leadership of the country under her husband would have performed better, but for two powerful individuals standing as clogs in its wheels. Mrs. Buhari said there are two men in President Muhammadu Buhari administration who have constituted themselves as hindrance for the speedy progress of governance.

The President’s wife said that she is disappointed in men who rather than fight these two men will go to them in the night begging for favour.

The President’s wife, who spoke at a National Women Leadership Summit organised by a political group, Project 4+4 for Buhari & Osinbajo 2019, in Abuja, however, did not mention the names of the powerful persons. She noted that if not for the two powerful men, Buhari’s achievements in the last three and a half years would have been accomplished by the President in one year. Mrs. Buhari stated that the two people in government would never allow things to move fast.

When the Political Adviser to the President, Senator Babafemi Ojodu, was signalling to the First Lady to move away from the topic, she said: “I have realised that Senator Babafemi Ojodu, Special Adviser on Political Matters to the President, and Dr. Hajo Sani, my aide, Sajo, and wife of the Vice President, Mrs. Osinbajo, are not comfortable with me saying this and want me to confine myself to my prepared speech, but we must say the truth.”

The President’s wife insisted that the two powerful people are retrogressive elements preventing the government from moving forward. This is not the first time the first Lady would be critical of her husband’s government and its functionaries.

In an interview with BBC Hausa, Aisha had stated that Buhari’s government had been hijacked by only a “few people”, who were behind presidential appointments. According to her, the president did not know most of the officials he appointed. The First Lady stated that people who did not share the vision of the All Progressives Congress (APC) were appointed to top posts because of the influence a “few people” wield.

When asked to name those who had hijacked the government, the First Lady simply said: “You will know them if you watch television.” Asked whether the president was in charge, Mrs. Buhari had said: “That is left for the people to decide.”

These persistent cry from one of the greatest beneficiary of this government should concern us. Nigerians should not say that they have not been warned. ''One does not have to tell an intelligent person to get out of the sun.''

1 Like

Re: The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned by AntiMahdi: 8:20am On Dec 05, 2018
Suicide bomber has spoken
Re: The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned by NigerDeltan(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2018
some zombie here seems to love the president more than his wife

They will soon arrive now

1 Like

Re: The Disturbing Persistent Cry Of The President's Wife - We Should Be Concerned by Glorymax: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2018
My dear, this really should be of great concern to us all. But because our political alliances are always a one way thing, we won't ask questions, least we loose out.
Thank God for Aisha, she's been standing on the truth always, and free her conscience. What's more left to be said, she has repeatedly told us that her husband is not in charge of the nation's affairs. It's left for us to demand who's in charge, and decide if we are comfortable or not.
She has equally told us that her husband's achievements in three years would have been done in one year if not those cogs on the wheels ""powerful individuals"". Ironically, two terms of eight years will give us two years plus visible achievements.

Our problem, I think is followership and not leadership. We do not know that power belongs to the people. Once we realise that and use it positively, the nation will experience positive transformation.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi’s Bank Accounts Allegedly Frozen / 2019 Presidency: I’ll Not Hold On To Power If Defeated – Buhari Declares / Lagos Residents Appears Shocked As Police Distributes Christmas Gifts To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.