Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change (338 Views)

I Am 30, Unmarried And Unhappy At My Job. I Want To have a career change / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by KulAsCucumber: 10:35am On Dec 05, 2018
I fellow nairalanders,i am on cross road in my career. I am 31 years old man with university degree (i am yet to serve) and i have been working as phone repairer for two years without nothing to show for it. Meanwhile, there is a job opportunity for me at an about-to-open-supermarket in my area. I am in dilema on whether to leave my current work to work in supermarket or stick with it. All i need from you guys are your candid opinions because i need to act fast so that my life can turn around for good.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by onlinetomola(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2018
You mean Career or Carrier? Which one lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2018
To begin with,what course did u study
Re: I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by KulAsCucumber: 11:48am On Dec 05, 2018
I did library and information science
Re: I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by onyegwu(m): 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
Where are those people that will always say phone repairers are making millions ? Please they should come and contribute oo!! My brother the Op if that supermarket job is sure at the moment give it a shot since the phone repair is not helping u try something else. One thing about life is that, somethings might work for others but it might not work for u that's where people bring in the word destiny. My Brother don't be afraid, pick up the job and save money for the next level. Don't stick to the bandwagon of "I know someone who is making millions from phone repairs" but they them self refuse to go and cart in that millions in that place. Follow ur heart Bro! The world is all about flexibility when u start being rigid u miss the mark period!!
Re: I Need Your Candid Advice On Career Change by ontroplus: 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
It all depends on what you plan to do in the coming years. What are the prospects of achieving that where you are now and what extra opportunities does the new opening offer? What are your plans for personal development during that time and which will provide the opportunity for growth?

You have probably answered this questions to be considering the second job.

Best of luck!

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Great Job Interviews / Imagine This 3 Major Career Skills Added To Your Knowledge, Then You're In Money / Must Every Employee Quit A Job To Run A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.