Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

My Farewell Message As I Bow Out Of Office Today - Kingsley Ndimele - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Farewell Message As I Bow Out Of Office Today - Kingsley Ndimele (907 Views)

Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo) / Nkechi Alexandra Kingsley: Lagos Polytechnic Best Graduating Student Employed / RITUALS By Kingsley Ndimele (Download eBook For Free) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Farewell Message As I Bow Out Of Office Today - Kingsley Ndimele by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 05, 2018
“Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love."

It's so emotional for me as I take up the tough job of wishing goodbye to all of you. However, it is the universal truth we all have to face, whether we want to or not, everything eventually ends. I've already packed memories of fun, collaboration, consultation, and friendship into my heart to take with me. Those I'm deeply grateful for.

I WENT...
I never planned to serve as the President of Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Not even once. There was nothing appealing about the association. It could be described best as a 'dead' association. Nobody wanted to serve. In fact, we were not proud of our departmental association. After several persuasive meetings with some faculty stakeholders, I opted to serve. I was not sure if I would succeed, but I was very sure I will never fail.

Amidst over 500 students, I took the bold step to challenge the veil of darkness that has covered the glory of our great association for years. I'm glad I did. Who believed anything good could come out of Nazareth?

I SAW...
If you've ever been a leader, you'll agree with me that any organization that has no definite structure will find it difficult to make progress. I saw that the NAAE was amoebic, therefore, restructuring was all I embarked upon. I gave it my best that some colleagues thought I was being paid.

I saw and experienced the travails and trials of a leader. At a point, I was tempted to resign. I saw that it takes a visionary leader, cooperative team and supportive followers to effect a change. I saw the sentiments at which some people displayed their parochial mentality. I saw the motive some team members brought along with them to their various offices. Some were positively contagious while others were infective. I had no opposition initially but more we achieved, more oppositions we faced - mostly internal.

It was a long term commitment and service was my holistic objective. Little wonder why I was never moved by the many oppositions and political stunts. I considered them big distractions.

I CONQUERED...
We have been able to record some positive achievements and have made significant strides in our determined effort to make an extraordinary great living association. It has been my constant, sincere and earnest wish to deliver the best selfless service since 17th February, 2018 that I was sworn in. This wish remained unabated and I have persevere in the endeavor to fulfil it till my last second in office.

Thanks to NAAE OAU for giving me the space to grow, for allowing me to make my own decisions, and then learning from my own mistakes, and for honing my personality to a point where I have developed a strong faith in my own abilities. Your guidance and faith in me has carved a special place in my life, and you will always be remembered.

I owe the success of my administration to Dr. Mrs. Yesufu (Former Vice Dean, Faculty of Agriculture) for fuelling me with advice and courage all through. By her influence, I made some giant strides.

I have zero tolerance for excuses and I reiterated this to you - my team members. I made your offices uncomfortable for mediocrity. Several times, I had to strike the balance between classmates and office. Áyé óré ótó, áyé isè ótó. I'll rather be your archenemy for telling you the bitter truth, than be your best friend of deceit.

I was evidently the most influential president among all departmental presidents in the Faculty of Agriculture - not by miracle, but by works and results. My life is a testimony to the fact that I detest mediocrity to stupor. Everything I did for you both good and bad was for your own good (maybe not for today) and the good of our association. I pray you see it this way. Thanks for the times we shared together. I wish you all the best in your endeavors in life.

To all members of NAAE, thank you for your belief in me, your support and your friendship. None of us achieve in isolation and the successes we've enjoyed together have been the result of our mutual cooperation and collaboration. It's a pleasure and a privilege to have worked alongside colleagues who understand how to bring the best out in each other.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" - 2Tim. 4:7

I pray may we always have good leaders who have the interest of the association and nation at large in heart. Keep the banner high that the labour of our heroes past may never be in vain.
Longlive NAAE
Longlive OAU
Longlive Nigeria
Longlive Africa.

Kingsley Ndimele
President, NAAE OAU 2017/2018 Session

1 Like

Re: My Farewell Message As I Bow Out Of Office Today - Kingsley Ndimele by Ysam107: 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2018
Well done boss.
Great job done so far.
I believe in you.
Go further!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Academic Fraud: Two University Of Calabar Law Professors To Face Panel / 2019/2020 Admission Process / Queen's College Drama: Between Morality And Legality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.