Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

RITUALS By Kingsley Ndimele (Download eBook For Free) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / RITUALS By Kingsley Ndimele (Download eBook For Free) (377 Views)

Top Sites To Download Ebook For Free / Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo) / My Farewell Message As I Bow Out Of Office Today - Kingsley Ndimele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RITUALS By Kingsley Ndimele (Download eBook For Free) by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 06, 2018
When I was a child, I was constantly told by peers, teachers, and parents that our objective
in life was to be successful and financially abundant. Not doing well in school meant jeopardizing that end outcome – it was linked with failure. Students with poor results or in less reputable schools were looked upon with shame by everyone.

This thinking was constituent across teachers, students, and society. The equation was simple: Get good grades + Get a good job + Earn a lot of money = Success. “Earn a lot of money, achieve
material wealth and social statuses, because it is the key indicator of success in the society." This is the lie we’ve been made to believe.

In the part of world where I grew, a nice car and house is regarded as a symbol of luxury and success. Achieving these goals gives a huge gratification at first, yet one feels strangely empty after a short while. By most standards, this scenario looks pretty good. It fits the society’s picture of an ideal life.

In a materialistic society like ours, success means money. All people talk about is money. It’s now the center of most people’s existence. Money or lack of it is the general thing people talk about. If it’s not making money, it’s not making sense! There are huge billboards ads of flashy possessions everywhere, very extravagant malls dominating the entire city, and the ethos of the societal consciousness is all about material goods and earning money.

Sure, money is important. I do not deny that there are merits behind these objectives. Having money would determine one’s quality of life on some levels. However, looking at life in a bigger spectrum, money, material possessions, recognition, etc. are only relevant to our present physical reality. They lose significance when we start seeing life as something that exists beyond our current physical plane.

To relentlessly acquire them as ends in themselves would be the equivalent of building a candy fort around you – one that would crumble sooner or later.

Purpose, not money is your real asset. There is a much bigger context to life than what the society and people around us keep painting. To some degree, money is a driver for all of us. Maybe it’s not the main driver.

Look at the job you do every day and ask yourself if you’d still be doing it if money was not attached. Be sincere. If you could do anything in the world without worrying about time or energy restrictions, what would you do?

Imagine yourself living in a world where you do not need money to survive. What is the one thing that you love to do? How would you spend your days? Sign up for a music class? Join a book club? Go get another degree? What would you do with all of that time? If you want to find your purpose in life and do what you love, it is advisable to consider financial concerns as secondary.

Namely, if the amount of money you earn from what you do is the primary determining factor, then finding what you love won’t be easy. This is primarily because it limits your choices and makes it difficult to actually think about what you actually love to do.

Therefore, get money out of the equation. Find out what drives you. Look at what you can do when there’s no form of encouragement or incentives. Be honest to yourself. What would you
do for free?

Read more...
�Now Available�
RITUALS
by Kingsley Ndimele

Download For Free
http://www.novelnigeria.com/2018/10/rituals-written-by-kingsley-ndimele.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

KWARAPOLY Admission List (ND/HND) Is Out / How Can Nigerian Students Sell Online / Learn Machine Learning Self Taught - Video Lectures And Textbook Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.