Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again (595 Views)

Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / Photo of Atiku reviewing policy document he would present to Nigerians / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
The objective of this review are: to discuss, critic and appreciate the plan which the policy is designed to actualize; to ensure better understanding and inform the electorates and connect them to the vision and mission of Atiku Abubakar.

The scope of this review covers the information provided on the Atiku Abubakar policy document. However, contrary opinion and verifiable and genuine information that are not contained in the policy document can also be entertained.

Introduction

The document highlighted the following:
• Underperformance of the States of the federation
• High rate of unemployment and underemployment
• Fragile and vulnerable economy
• Structural Fault lines
• Disunity
• Increasing population of internally displaced Nigerians
• Increasing threat of Boko Haram and other radical groups

Vision Statement

To transform Nigeria into a modern economy that works for its people and capable of taking its rightful place among the top 20 economies of the world.

Mission Statement

To provide the appropriate political leadership for Unity, Security and Prosperity.

This will be achieved through the following:

1. Reinforcing Nigeria’s Unity by promoting the spirit of cooperation and consensus especially in a society that is as complex and as heterogeneous as Nigeria.
2. Establishing a strong and effective democratic government that secures our people and provides opportunities for them to realize their full potentials, allows greater autonomy for our federating units, and gives each region of the country a sense of belonging.
3. Building a strong, resilient and prosperous economy

Economic Development Target

The critical policy priority of the anticipated Atiku Abubakar government is to build a broad-based, dynamic and competitive economy with a GDP of US$900 billion by 2025.

This will be achieved through strategic execution of the following plans:

Human capital development
Promotion of economic diversification
Drastic reduction of infrastructural deficit
Public institutions reform
Creation of competitive and open economic system.

Economic growth and development shall be driven by these factors:

1. Enabling business environment - this includes Social, Political, Legal, Economic and Technological environment , investors and corporations and enterprises stakeholders.

2. Public Private Partnership (PPP) for infrastructure development and maintenance.

3. Stable macroeconomic environment - this can be actualized with the monetary and fiscal policies of the Nation.

Objectives of Atiku Abubakar Government:

1. Increasing Flow of FDI into non-oil sector - lowering corporate income tax rates; Strengthening the credit guarantee initiatives of Infra-Credit; Lowering business transaction costs; Guaranteeing a level playing field for investors; Streamlining the multiplicity of investment incentives; Simplifying the associated complex legal and regulatory framework; Ensuring that tax incentives is based on predetermined, uniform and clear criteria.

2. Strengthening Linkages Between Oil and Non Oil Sectors - Promoting the Agri-business; Promoting the Manufacturing Sector; Promoting Manufacturing, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs); Promoting the Oil and Gas Sector.

3. Promoting the New Economy - which will be based on knowledge and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with a major focus on Healthcare, Education, Commerce and Agricultural industries.

4. Expanded export base - products and destinations.

5. Strengthening PublicPrivate Partnerships - Privatize some State Owned Enterprises including all four governmentowned refineries and concession Nigeria’s sea ports and airports; Liberalize the downstream sector of the petroleum industry; Accelerate a comprehensive power sector reform to include the provision of licenses for minigrid solutions to power generation.

Priorities of Atiku Abubakar Government

1. Employment opportunities creation
2. Human capital development
3. Poverty eradication
4. Infrastructural development

Atiku Abubakar's government shall be firmly anchored by the following principles:

Accountability
Predictability
Participation
Transparency

Summary

Atiku Abubakar offered to restructure the system and administration of government in Nigeria; Empower the government organs to implement anti-corruption activities and rule of law; Improve national security; Restrategise on our international relations; Explore sources of long-term funding for our prioritized projects; deliver on economic development and growth.

Recommendations

Atiku Abubakar will make a difference because of the reasons stated below:
He has a good knowledge of the challenges facing Nigeria - not necessarily the superficial issues but the systemic ones.
He has an unwavering commitment to the principles of open, competitive and private sector-driven economy.

We must learning from the mistakes of the past, consolidate on the successes of previous regimes and build the future especially for the successive generations.

Wouldn't you rather vote for Atiku Abubakar. Get Atikulated today.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Grayxme: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2018
Lies...What did you get working ever since you were in office...All of a sudden gullible Atiku has become a magician that wants to get things working
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
Grayxme:
Lies...What did you get working ever since you were in office...All of a sudden gullible Atiku has become a magician that wants to get things working

My dear, it is not magic. It is about the vision; Atiku Abubakar is on a well articulated mission to make Nigeria a better and rapidly developing economy. I will advice you to key into the movement for Atiku.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

My dear, it is not magic. It is about the vision; Atiku Abubakar is on a well articulated mission to make Nigeria a better and rapidly developing economy. I will advice you to key into the movement for Atiku.

Atiku is only interested in "African Art" a.k.a bribe money.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/public-safety/judge-lets-former-louisiana-congressman-william-jefferson-out-of-prison/2017/10/05/8b53619e-aa0b-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by id911(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2018
Grayxme:

Read the Policy Document slowly and gently, you will agree that this document is loaded to fastract our growth and development. It's a document that is all encompassing.

Atiku has everyone in mind and is passionate and ready to serve. You know he was the Vice President, his powers were limited to only delegated responsibilities as assigned to him by his principal but he still did his best during their time
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
Guestlander:

Atiku is only interested in "African Art" a.k.a bribe money.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/public-safety/judge-lets-former-louisiana-congressman-william-jefferson-out-of-prison/2017/10/05/8b53619e-aa0b-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html

Aren't you guys tired of this old and particular storyline. The article you referenced didn't mention Atiku but referred to an amount of money kept in a fridge with intent to bribe the Vice President of Nigeria.

Atiku was never tried on the matter by any competent court of law in Nigeria or the USA. In other words, he was never an accused or convict so I don't get the court you operate in your mind. You can keep accusing him as long as you are incompetent to try or convict him.

However, try to read, comprehend and meditate on the policy document. You will catch the feeling - get Atikulated.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Racoon(m): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
@ Least Nigerians have seen all that the over-hyped Buhari-led APC government have to offer.So let's give Atiku a trial too.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

Aren't you guys tired of this old and particular storyline. The article you referenced didn't mention Atiku but referred to an amount of money kept in a fridge with intent to bribe the Vice President of Nigeria.

Atiku was never tried on the matter by any competent court of law in Nigeria or the USA. In other words, he was never an accused or convict so I don't get the court you operate in your mind. You can keep accusing him as long as you are incompetent to try or convict him.

However, try to read, comprehend and meditate on the policy document. You will catch the feeling - get Atikulated.

The article didn't mention Atiku? Maybe, but the records of Jefferson's case are all over the internet.
You may go further to tell your gullible friends that the case never happened. That the congressman did not implicate Atiku in the bribery case.

The truth is that Atiku is corrupt and he would have been jailed in other well organized countries.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by wristbangle: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
"Let's Get Nigeria work again". I hate this slogan. Has Nigeria ever worked? Please I need a candid answer to this question.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by id911(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
Racoon:
@ Least Nigerians have seen all that the over-hyped Buhari-led APC government have to offer.So let's give Atiku a trial too.

Atiku is well prepared for the job. Nigerians won't regret putting him in office in 2019
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
Guestlander:

The article didn't mention Atiku? Maybe, but the records of Jefferson's case are all over the internet.
You may go further to tell your gullible friends that the case never happened. That the congressman did not implicate Atiku in the bribery case.

If I may ask: How do you intend to prove the allegation in bold alphabets above?
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
wristbangle:
"Let's Get Nigeria work again". I hate this slogan. Has Nigeria ever worked? Please I need a candid answer to this question.

My dear, the answer to your question is yes! Nigeria was never the best but she worked some years in the past. Nigeria was an auspicious, dynamic and rapidly developing and growing economy in the past.

We lost the dynamism and progression and we have come a long way with experiences and lessons from the past. We can't afford to dwell in the past; we must move on to a better future especially because of the generations to come.

That is the reason we must keep fate with Atiku Abubakar and make it happen together. We can do it - Nigeria can be great again.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

If I may ask: How do you intend to prove the allegation in bold alphabets above?

Leave that to the FBI. He needs to go to the US to clear himself.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2018
Guestlander:

Leave that to the FBI. He needs to go to the US to clear himself.

He will be at the USA but we have a more serious matter to focus on going forward - we need to make Nigeria great again.

Atiku Abubakar is with us in Nigeria to achieve the dream, he can't be in America now.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by codedguy1(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2018
Grayxme:

What is jubril's policy statement?

People that have nothing to offer only wait for those who have tried to put something together just to attack and criticise it. If you were comparing it with the one that dullard had put together we would at least understand.

Did Atiku tell you he was a magician or a saint? I will rather take my chance with Atiku than with someone who claimed to have integrity and an anti corruption tsar only to become the worst thing that has happened to us in terms of integrity and fighting corruption, to now add bigotry, tribalism, nepotism and total disregard for the lives and property of the people he claims to lead. Nonsense!
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

He will be at the USA but we have a more serious matter to focus on going forward - we need to make Nigeria great again.

Atiku Abubakar is with us in Nigeria to achieve the dream, he can't be in America now.

There nothing more serious than keeping thieves away from our treasury forever. The cost is just too high on the society. The former British prime minister did not call Nigeria a "fantastically corrupt" country for no reason.

Let him go to the U.S first, not after the election when he can claim diplomatic immunity.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
Guestlander:

There nothing more serious than keeping thieves away from our treasury forever. The cost is just too high on the society. The former British prime minister did not call Nigeria a "fantastically corrupt" country for no reason.

Let him go to the U.S first, not after the election when he can claim diplomatic immunity.

Unfortunately, he will disappoint you on this demand especially because you and I are not in a position to determine when he would travel to the USA.

My brother, don't hate a good man. He might just be your saviour tomorrow, give him a chance.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Realdeals(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
Everyone knows what the problems and probably solutions. All what Atiku stated are the same vague PowerPoint presentations we've had for ages (check NEEDS and the rest).
How will Atiku & PDP implement the plans, when they've already share the country resources before winning the election.
Saraki is already scheming the number of his associates that will head a parastatals and be signing N1m & N2m from there desk for doing nothing.
PDP has already engage Trump lobbyists that'll be earning $90k monthly (about N400m/yr), what else will remain by the time all these and many more are deducted from the treasury?
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2018
!
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Guestlander: 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

Unfortunately, he will disappoint you on this demand especially because you and I are not in a position to determine when he would travel to the USA.

My brother, don't hate a good man. He might just be your saviour tomorrow, give him a chance.

I'm waiting to be disappointed. Why must everything come down to accusations of hate! This man is asking to be made the president of Nigeria, that is my only concern about him. If he has allegations of corruption against him then he must address it.
I am not interested whether he is a good man or not, I just want to be sure he will not loot the treasury.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
Guestlander:

I'm waiting to be disappointed. Why must everything come down to accusations of hate! This man is asking to be made the president of Nigeria, that is my only concern about him. If he has allegations of corruption against him then he must address it.
I am not interested whether he is a good man or not, I just want to be sure he will not loot the treasury.

OK my dear brother, I apologize for assuming you were hating him. However, you heard this from me: Atiku Abubakar will not loot the treasury. He will confirm this position when you have the opportunity to engage him or better still, test him with the job for 4 years.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by wristbangle: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
Wallade:

My dear, the answer to your question is yes! Nigeria was never the best but she worked some years in the past. Nigeria was an auspicious, dynamic and rapidly developing and growing economy in the past.

We lost the dynamism and progression and we have come a long way with experiences and lessons from the past. We can't afford to dwell in the past; we must move on to a better future especially because of the generations to come.

That is the reason we must keep fate with Atiku Abubakar and make it happen together. We can do it - Nigeria can be great again.

When we speak of a working economy, we are talking about good infrastructure ( road, rail, housing, etc), education, health, agriculture, technology and others. Since I'm born till date, no government's rating can boast of at least an E grade let alone C.

There is nothing progressive about this economy under the last and present one. If we compare price of commodities as against time, one will realise they are both the same.

I can't vouch for PMB or Atiku. Go ahead with your atikulation. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by wristbangle: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
[quote author=Wallade post=73587993]

OK my dear brother, I apologize for assuming you were hating him. However, you heard this from me: Atiku Abubakar will not loot the treasury. He will confirm this position when you have the opportunity to engage him or better still, test him with the job for 4 years. [/quote

Did you just say Atiku will not loot? cheesy]
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
wristbangle:

When we speak of a working economy, we are talking about good infrastructure ( road, rail, housing, etc), education, health, agriculture, technology and others. Since I'm born till date, no government's rating can boast of at least an E grade let alone C.

There is nothing progressive about this economy under the last and present one. If we compare price of commodities as against time, one will realise they are both the same.

I can't vouch for PMB or Atiku. Go ahead with your atikulation. Good luck

The period of progression was definitely not since 1999. It was in the days of our fathers. Do you remember the groundnut pyramid; the cocoa as major export product period; the period that a pound was exchanged for a natural.

We can improve this economy again. I must emphasize that some of us still believe there will be a great Nigeria, yet again.
Re: Review Of “Atiku Abubakar” Policy Document – Let’s Get Nigeria Working Again by Wallade(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2018
[quote author=wristbangle post=73588107][/quote]

Yes! I said Atiku Abubakar will not loot the treasury.

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Ovie Omo-agege Reveals Why PMB Has Not Signed The Electoral Bill / People Of Ibadan Sweep Out PDP From Mapo Hall With Chants Of Atiku Ole. Video / Gov.yahaya Bello: Lawmakers Who Booed Buhari Lacks Home Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.