Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

1.40 In 100L Microbiology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1.40 In 100L Microbiology (1263 Views)

Am In 100L Studying Botany Planning To Take Another Jamb Next Year? / Low CGPA In 100L, What Is The Probability Of Second Class Upper / Any Possibility Of Graduating With A Good Grade After Some Errors In 100L? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2018
I don't know what to do, am worried
Pls I had 1.40 in my 100 level am just about to enter 200 level. Can I still make firstclass.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Neoguru6: 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:
Pls I had 1.40 in my 100 level am just about to enter 200 level. Can I still make firstclass.
1.40? First class? Did you have any carryovers?
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yes
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by wike54(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:

Omo ur case go hard ooo......u just need serious focus and prayers.....but for first class,u made a terrible start

4 Likes

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by lanrezy: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:

is this a joke or what?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2018
You should be more bothered about being dropped out of school than first class.

7 Likes

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
no chance of me getting second class upper
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2018
Should I drop out and start again
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by FortuneStone: 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:
There is a possibility of second class upper but you must be willing to make As in all your courses from now onwards. it's never too late bro to start a new page. Make the rest of your life the best of your life. No need to begin all over again

3 Likes

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
Thanks
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Neoguru6: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:
Yes
That means you need to buckle up, I don't know how many units attached to courses you had the carry the C/O but if it's 3 plus units you have a chance.
1. Know that without God you are like chaff in the wind

2. Look around, what type of friends do you keep, find the intelligent guys, hold them tight... Stop following anybody without ambition.

3. How do you study? How much time do you put in? Study at least 5hrs per day, it's not going to be easy... I'll give you a routine of academics during school:
Wake up everyday by 2 a.m, pray, read your bible (assuming you're a christian) in about 15 min., start study till 6a.m, go to lectures, come back and have a nap, study till about 8p.m go to bed. Since ASUU is striking (I don't know if your school is observing it) cease the opportunity and read for extensive hours.... Take breaks and play games

4. Be motivated and inspired, if it's music you need to get yourself active while reading, use it, don't be reading without being attentive, else it's a waste of time. As for me I love listening to motivational speeches from Les Brown et al while reading(youtube is your friend).

5. Be determined, never to quit. When there is a will there is a way.

God help you.

7 Likes

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Neoguru6: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
Since you have C/O, it's still possible to make first class. But you have to workhard.
Adding to what I wrote above, you have to drop anything that is distracting you be it phone, girl, flexing, gambling, if you do all these you can make it.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by davbravo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2018
jizbaba:
i don't think first class is still possible with this CGPA. It won't be easy coping especially with all the carryover courses, but 2.1 is still possible If you work hard and improve

1 Like

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Neoguru6: 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by davbravo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
Neoguru6:
I don't think it's his CGPA for 100L, I think it's the GPA, i.e first semester (slow result publishing of schools). Meanwhile I can't say the 2nd semester will be good because from the OP's body language he is somewhat jittery and lacks confidence, but If this guy is really serious to make first class he can.
If he studies like a machine and rewrite those course and flip the grades from F's to A's I dont see what's going to stop him from making it.
okay
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Neoguru6: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2018
davbravo:
je said he's just about to enter 200l
I know but each level has 2 semesters the average of their GPAs give CGPA. Also, it takes time for results to come out, so I am guessing it is just 1st semester 100L result.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 1:20am On Dec 06, 2018
I'm done with 100L
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Amakababe(f): 5:25am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:
yes.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by femi4: 6:35am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:
grin you no try
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by jizbaba: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2018
I know, if I continue can I still make a second class upper
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by OboOlora(f): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2018
Baba, education isn’t for everyone.
Go learn Vulcaniser for OlaSheu shop for Iponri cheesy
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Fidelismaria: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Baba, education isn’t for everyone.
Go learn Vulcaniser for OlaSheu shop for Iponri cheesy

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by ogawisdom(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2018
u should be on probation who allowed you to go to second year.

all your carryovers should not be less than 8, probation means u will repeat year 1 once your cgpa is less than 1.5
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by davbravo(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:
I know, if I continue can I still make a second class upper
you can, but it won't be easy.... You'll have to make 4points or higher in the semesters left
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by lincsnuel: 8:29am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:

See to be frank with you, you definitely won't come out with a first class. You can come out with a 2.1 if you are hard working enough but... You Bleep up sha, it's in 100 level you should've made good CGPA.

If you continue like this you might be frustrated out of the school cos of probabtion and when that happens, don't see suicide as the final option, thank you.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by FrostyButter: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:

Honestly, you can't... You can still make a sound 2:1 if you are serious. I feel with such a low GPA, you are missing something... Ask your self honestly, it is a course you're passionate about and want to follow through with. Cause if you're doing this to get job alone... The market out there is tough o, for you not to be passionate, and worse peddling a bad grade.

If after long and deep thoughts. It's your life and youre not running race with anyone, I advice you start again and repeat the level, get your shii together, if changing school would help and youre sure, good.

Cause let me tell you something, I have a friend, she was doing just as poorly as you are right now. She eventually changed school and department to something she was passionate about and fi ished first class accounting. It might be the course you're studying, and it might just be you slacking... Get your shii together.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by Godsfavour78: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2018
Neoguru6:
I don't think it's his CGPA for 100L, I think it's the GPA, i.e first semester (slow result publishing of schools). Meanwhile I can't say the 2nd semester will be good because from the OP's body language he is somewhat jittery and lacks confidence, but If this guy is really serious to make first class he can.
If he studies like a machine and rewrites those courses he will flip the grades from F's to A's I dont see what's going to stop him from making it.
guy you can see peoples body through nairaland.? angry

As for d OP:sare lor join ma lor sun. Na who get money be first class citizen #ashiri

Abeg oh its just joke oh. Focus read your books.

Get the handouts and textbooks for each course
Count the number of pages of each
Add them together. Let the answer be Y

Count the number of days to the exam(semester calendar)
Minus 21 days. Let the answer be Z

Divide Y by Z = X
Where X is the number of pages you have to study per day to cover all your coursework for the semester.

The 21days is for revision and flenjollification.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by 1cor2v9: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2018
jizbaba:

Hi, I will answer a yes and no to the question above.
Are you happy with your present course of microbiology? Do you see yourself having a future with this Course? If your answer is NO, then drop out and start afresh with a new course you would love and then determine to sow your sweat and blood to ensure you graduate with a first class avoiding the mistakes that landed you with a 1.40 today.
If your answer is YES to my two questions then be ready to drop a lot of distractions in the next 3years of your life. You will have to triple your present efforts and go the extra extra extra mile to move yourself up the CGPA scale. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE.
Above all, the GOD factor, take this issue seriously with GOD while you engage in doing your part.
Read this thread below if you are a christian(this link talks more of the God factor)
www.nairaland.com/3324721/how-graduated-4.57-cgpa
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by FrostyButter: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2018
1cor2v9:

Hi, I will answer a yes and no to the question above.
Are you happy with your present course of microbiology? Do you see yourself having a future with this Course? If your answer is NO, then drop out and start afresh with a new course you would love and then determine to sow your sweat and blood to ensure you graduate with a first class avoiding the mistakes that landed you with a 1.40 today.
If your answer is YES to my two questions then be ready to drop a lot of distractions in the next 3years of your life. You will have to triple your present efforts and go the extra extra extra mile to move yourself up the CGPA scale. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE.
Above all, the GOD factor, take this issue seriously with GOD while you engage in doing your part.
Read this thread below
www.nairaland.com/3324721/how-graduated-4.57-cgpa

He is studying a 4 year course... He has 7 semesters left, there is no way he can make a first class... 100 level and 200 have the highest number of units, and this his first result is a heavy blow... Please allow him set realistic goals.
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by chloride6: 10:22am On Dec 06, 2018
You are in an institution of higher learning but you haven't yet developed your thinking skills.

Universities typically have half of their graduates in the 2.2 band.

Are you an average student? The evidence seems to suggest so. Even if you had 2.1in 100 level what makes you think you won't drop to 2.2 when the going gets tough?

If you made that GP in 100 level then academics is not your strong area.

Focus on playing to your strengths and graduating with a respectable grade.

What has been your class performance over the years?

What was your jamb score?

Ask yourself these questions and you'll see you may be setting targets too high
Re: 1.40 In 100L Microbiology by 1cor2v9: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2018
FrostyButter:

He is studying a 4 year course... He has 7 semesters left, there is no way he can make a first class... 100 level and 200 have the highest number of units, and this his first result is a heavy blow... Please allow him set realistic goals.

LOL..well i totally understand your angle, i only mentioned first class in the option of him changing his course,if you read the link i posted it was just to buttress the GOD factor. The truth is there is no harm in working hard as though the first class is possible and finally landing on a strong 2.1 than just resigning and working to land on a 3.5 which is also a 2.1.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Novel Review: Possible Questions And Answers From SWEET SIXTEEN / Confusion As Mechanics, Pupils Battle For Space In Enugu Crumbling School / How FG Can Reopen Schools, Varsities Within Four Weeks - Afe Babalola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.