Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better (1569 Views)

Total Cost Of Clearing A 2013 Mercedes Benz ML350 In Nigeria / Opinions: Fwd Rwd 4wd And Awd Which Of These Is Best For Nigeria Road / Upgrade Of A 2013/2014 Crv To A 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by bishopkay: 12:11am On Dec 06, 2018
Please guys I need help making a decision. So I saw this E350 and I liked it but the drive train is the RWD version.

I particularly like the 4matic drive train since it's an AWD and has better braking capabilities but right now, I'm not seeing any good 4matics and I really like this one I saw. Now the question is

1. Is the drive experience really different?
2. How's the overall performance of both in terms of reliability and performance.
3. Is the braking capacity of the RWD that good or make person just forget am find the 4matic buy.
4. I heard the 4matics are more prone to faults than the RWDS; how true is this?

Thanks and anyone with on hands experience or has tested both should please help me out thanks!

Cc: Gazzuzz
Diportivo
Kingreign
Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by bishopkay: 4:10am On Dec 06, 2018
Help oo Abeg
Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by NightHawke: 4:45am On Dec 06, 2018
MY RESPONSE IS FROM OWNING AN S43O[2004] versus MY SENIOR COLLEAGUE'S E240[2004 or 2006] not sure.

Firstly both are great Mercedes Benz cars. [Love mine more]

1. The 4matic has more electrics and prone to more faults[ I think due to local driving terrain-our roads are second to Dakar rally]

2. I had problems with engine oil in first six months of use but thereafter there has been no effect.

3. The 4matic is designed to handle loss of traction on snow[Not an issue here locally]

4. The RWD S430 has brute force when it gets going with lots of confidence while driving[NEVER EVER LEFT ME STRANDED ON THE HIGHWAY]

5. Should you experience jerking and traced to plugs. [PLSSSS CHANGE ALL EIGHT/SIX WITH HIGH GRADE TYPE IF NOT EQUAL AND NO REGRETS]

6. I THINK THE 4MATIC IS MORE SPORTY WHEN I DROVE IT FROM ASABA TO BENIN COMPARED TO THE RWD S430 ESPECIALLY BREAKING IN BETWEEN VEHICLES AFTER CARELESS OVERTAKING[ NOT RECOMMENDED]

7. THE S430 IS MUCH MORE QUIET THAN THE 4MATIC E240

I HOPE THIS HELPS AND IF YOU FIND A DEALER WITH BOTH CARS TEST DRIVE BOTH. HONESTLY I HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN A BMW520 AND THE S430. I LOVE THE VARIABLE SUSPENSION IN MINE[ THAT IS THE ONLY FEAR FACTOR I HAVE, SHOULD IT EVER FAIL; WHAT WILL IT COST TO FIX IT. I LEFT IT AT A SINGLE SETTING EVER SINCE AND GIVES THE CAR GOOD GROUND CLEARANCE]

ALL THE BEST!

3 Likes

Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by bishopkay: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2018
Thanks alot Mr Nighthawke It was quite an enlightening post but on equal grounds, pound for pound, which would you be going for? The 4matic variable or the RWD if you had to make a choice now.

1 Like

Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by Frankdamaxx(m): 3:45am On Dec 07, 2018
bishopkay:
Please guys I need help making a decision. So I saw this E350 and I liked it but the drive train is the RWD version.

I particularly like the 4matic drive train since it's an AWD and has better braking capabilities but right now, I'm not seeing any good 4matics and I really like this one I saw. Now the question is

2. How's the overall performance of both in terms of reliability and performance.
3. Is the braking capacity of the RWD that good or make person just forget am find the 4matic buy.
4. I heard the 4matics are more prone to faults than the RWDS; how true is this?

Thanks and anyone with on hands experience or has tested both should please help me out thanks!

Diportivo
Kingreign

If you have money, go for 4matic.

If you don't have much money, go for rwd.
Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by kingreign(m): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2018
bishopkay:

Diportivo
Kingreign

Coming from someone who's always been driving AWD SUVs I'd naturally stick with the 4matic. That said, the rwd are more sportier to drive but the 4matic comes in handy on wet or slippery terrains. Suspension components in rwd are cheaper but that of 4matic are a tad more expensive. Also the 4matic weights a couple more than the regular.
As for cost of suspension components, Abeg ignore the cost you're buying an already expensive car and I know you need to due diligence so you don't end up with lemon, these cars suspensions don't easily go bad. It takes lot of abuse and punishment to wear them out.

1 Like

Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by mammanbawa: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2018
If you usually ply a rough terrain, go for the 4matic but you should know suspension parts will cost more
But that shouldn't be a problem since you're already buying an expensive car, you should be ready to take care of it
Do let us know the ride you end up with
Cheers
Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by NightHawke: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2018
bishopkay:
Thanks alot Mr Nighthawke It was quite an enlightening post but on equal grounds, pound for pound, which would you be going for? The 4matic variable or the RWD if you had to make a choice now.

Apologies for replying late.

Personally I recommend the RWD over the 4matic.
I also recall during the last raining season when I travelled home to Delta State(Aniocha North) where we have red sand. Someone driving a 4matic got stuck after spinning wildly for sometime.

Same vehicle with snow tyres is a monster machine.

FOR ME GO FOR THE RWD.
HAVE A FAIR REGULAR MAINTENANCE PLAN
NOT NECESSARILY PUTTING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET.

2 Likes

Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by NightHawke: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2018
kingreign:

Coming from someone who's always been driving AWD SUVs I'd naturally stick with the 4matic. That said, the rwd are more sportier to drive but the 4matic comes in handy on wet or slippery terrains.
WHILE I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS, THE 4MATIC I SAW STRUGGLE WITH A LITTLE SILT WAS UNENCOURAGING UNLESS MAYBE THE TYRE ON THE SPINNING WHEEL WAS WORN OUT HENCE CAUSING LOSS OF TRACTION.

components in rwd are cheaper but that of 4matic are a tad more expensive. Also the 4matic weights a couple more than the regular.

As for cost of suspension components, Abeg ignore the cost you're buying an already expensive car ( TRUE) and I know you need to due diligence so you don't end up with lemon, these cars suspensions don't easily go bad. It takes lot of abuse and punishment to wear them out.
Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by bishopkay: 11:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
kingreign:

Coming from someone who's always been driving AWD SUVs I'd naturally stick with the 4matic. That said, the rwd are more sportier to drive but the 4matic comes in handy on wet or slippery terrains. Suspension components in rwd are cheaper but that of 4matic are a tad more expensive. Also the 4matic weights a couple more than the regular.
As for cost of suspension components, Abeg ignore the cost you're buying an already expensive car and I know you need to due diligence so you don't end up with lemon, these cars suspensions don't easily go bad. It takes lot of abuse and punishment to wear them out.

Thanks a lot for the feedback boss I appreciate! You too much

1 Like

Re: Between A 2013 E350 RWD And The 4matic Which Is Better by bishopkay: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
NightHawke:

Apologies for replying late.

Personally I recommend the RWD over the 4matic.
I also recall during the last raining season when I travelled home to Delta State(Aniocha North) where we have red sand. Someone driving a 4matic got stuck after spinning wildly for sometime.

Same vehicle with snow tyres is a monster machine.

FOR ME GO FOR THE RWD.
HAVE A FAIR REGULAR MAINTENANCE PLAN
NOT NECESSARILY PUTTING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET.

Thanks alot I think I made up my mind already

(1) (Reply)

Rolls Royce Vs Bentley? [PHOTO] / How To Take A Fall Like A Boss On A Bike / What Do I Need To Know About Uber And Taxify?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.