Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos (7353 Views)

Covenant University Wins The Enactus Nigeria National Competition 2019 / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Komu1048(m): 8:53am On Dec 06, 2018
This uni is yet to have better department such as medicine, law, pharmacy etc. oooo
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Xisnin(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2018
Corrinthians:
Forget long story. Oyedepo is a bleeping crook.
I smell poverty.

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by OpenYourEyes1: 9:09am On Dec 06, 2018
FrostyButter:
Normally... CU actually prepares like crazy for anything... You have no idea... Very serious school... Every competition they participate in, worse case they win second... From Enactus, to CODET, just name it. A school where almost all the graduating sets in departments like accounting already have ICAN, 19 year old teenagers o.

As for the ones above changing conversation, better go and work and make money to send your kids there. Stay there and be shouting like cheap education is your birth right, ku ku go and protest at Havard gate that you want cheap education... Illiterates.

Good one. We need affordable quality schools for the less privileged though. Guess the churches can also make this possible in a sustainable way.
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by FrostyButter: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

Good one. We need affordable quality schools for the less privileged though. Guess the churches can also make this possible in a sustainable way.

Agricultural engineering is free in landmark, CUs sister university, still by Living faith.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by mozele(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2018
contigiency:

You are not addressing the main issue. Church as it's practiced in Nigeria by Oyedepo and his like is much like anti christ. They only promote the interest of the elites in every of their establishments. Be it church, schools, canan city, access to them etc.

Those are not the hallmark of what christ admonished them to do. They are rather required to reach out to the needy with what they have and not to provide more and more to the rich. when you build these institutions from the sweat of all and sundry and turned back to fix the rewards and access to those things such that many of those who contributed to it and those who mostly need them cannot afford it, and even make yourself accessible only by the rich, I rather would see you as being anti christ.

Which is why he set up a scholarship board for those people who possibly can't afford the tuition fee. Or were you not informed about it?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Aarondan(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2018
[quote author=Abjay97 post=73593502]Church has been helping in reducing Nigeria's national embarrassment...

Why are you not a comedian... You know how to make frawn person laugh grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Aarondan(m): 11:23am On Dec 06, 2018
contigiency:

You are not addressing the main issue. Church as it's practiced in Nigeria by Oyedepo and his like is much like anti christ. They only promote the interest of the elites in every of their establishments. Be it church, schools, canan city, access to them etc.

Those are not the hallmark of what christ admonished them to do. They are rather required to reach out to the needy with what they have and not to provide more and more to the rich. when you build these institutions from the sweat of all and sundry and turned back to fix the rewards and access to those things such that many of those who contributed to it and those who mostly need them cannot afford it, and even make yourself accessible only by the rich, I rather would see you as being anti christ.
How do you know the institution was built from the sweat of the sundry or you're just saying out of being bais?
Bro I pay my tithe and my offering as base on the commandments of God not to any any pastor, therefore, how it's been expended is not my concern.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 06, 2018
contigiency:

Do you intend to be poor for life Why don't you think big and hope that the country gets better so that even the poor can save up and get quality education. Do you think federal universities meet international standards? Nothing good comes cheaply

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

So you don't ever wanna get privileged? Think smart, dear

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Glink2018(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2018
contigiency:

Whatever your religion belief, unarguably, Bishop Oyedepo has put an imprint in the sand of time. He's a man like you, you can pick what you feel it is inadequate in his achievements and do greater ...
Dont just be a nairaland e-warrior without reputation or accomplishment. . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

Barely three months after emerging champions at the 6th All-Nigeria Universities Debating Championship (ANUDC), Covenant University was again the team to beat at the maiden edition of the Lagos Debate Open, as it won the championship. The Lagos Debate Open (LDO) was hosted by the University of Lagos.

The LDO was a Pan-African elite tournament with teams from all over West Africa participating. Ayafa Tonye Amada, leading other members of the Covenant University team from the Literary and Debate Society (CULDS) had a commanding and comfortable cruise into the final of the championship, pairing with a colleague from another university (as is the practice with Debate Opens) and clearly outmatched other debaters and delegates to cruise into the grand finale and eventually flying the Covenant flag so high as the team to beat.

A pair of the University of Ghana, Legon and University of Calabar came second; while the teams from Universities of Port Harcourt and Lagos (the host) came third and fourth.

The year 2018 has been a season of victories for Covenant University, from core Time Higher Education universities ranking to publications profile, and of course student-based intellectual activities, top of which are topflight literary and debate championships. Just last September, Covenant beat all odds to beat traditional strongholds among public universities of the ANUDC. It shattered the records of ANUDC by being the first private university to win the tournament and went ahead to also produce the best individual debaters and speakers in the championship.

In the literary and debate circuit in Nigeria in which private universities are far behind and thus established a separate private universities debate championship, Covenant has dared the odds by boldly entering into the conventional debate unions and emerging tops. Just last year, a senior faculty of the University who also founded and has led CULDS since 2014, Prof. Sheriff Folarin emerged as the National Vice-President of the ANUDC and chaired the Council of the organization at the last tournament at the University of Ilorin. Recently too, the CULDS launched an anthology of stories, being the first university-based literary society to embark on such laudable intellectual enterprise.

https://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Cruises-into-Final-Wins-Maiden-Lagos-Debate-Open#.XAi18ttKi00

Op don't be ignorant I assume you know that it was an Open tournament and covenant university didn't win. A student of covenant university whose partner was a student of University of Calabar, so stop that one sided news
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by HigherEd: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2018
Great news!
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by UrVillagePpl: 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

Barely three months after emerging champions at the 6th All-Nigeria Universities Debating Championship (ANUDC), Covenant University was again the team to beat at the maiden edition of the Lagos Debate Open, as it won the championship. The Lagos Debate Open (LDO) was hosted by the University of Lagos.

The LDO was a Pan-African elite tournament with teams from all over West Africa participating. Ayafa Tonye Amada, leading other members of the Covenant University team from the Literary and Debate Society (CULDS) had a commanding and comfortable cruise into the final of the championship, pairing with a colleague from another university (as is the practice with Debate Opens) and clearly outmatched other debaters and delegates to cruise into the grand finale and eventually flying the Covenant flag so high as the team to beat.

A pair of the University of Ghana, Legon and University of Calabar came second; while the teams from Universities of Port Harcourt and Lagos (the host) came third and fourth.

The year 2018 has been a season of victories for Covenant University, from core Time Higher Education universities ranking to publications profile, and of course student-based intellectual activities, top of which are topflight literary and debate championships. Just last September, Covenant beat all odds to beat traditional strongholds among public universities of the ANUDC. It shattered the records of ANUDC by being the first private university to win the tournament and went ahead to also produce the best individual debaters and speakers in the championship.

In the literary and debate circuit in Nigeria in which private universities are far behind and thus established a separate private universities debate championship, Covenant has dared the odds by boldly entering into the conventional debate unions and emerging tops. Just last year, a senior faculty of the University who also founded and has led CULDS since 2014, Prof. Sheriff Folarin emerged as the National Vice-President of the ANUDC and chaired the Council of the organization at the last tournament at the University of Ilorin. Recently too, the CULDS launched an anthology of stories, being the first university-based literary society to embark on such laudable intellectual enterprise.

https://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Cruises-into-Final-Wins-Maiden-Lagos-Debate-Open#.XAi18ttKi00

congrats to CU....
Madonna uni have Neva make da headline for smtin positive....

I hope sm day dat change.. team Madonna
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by TheVictorious(m): 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
FatAmy:

Op don't be ignorant I assume you know that it was an Open tournament and covenant university didn't win. A student of covenant university whose partner was a student of University of Calabar, so stop that one-sided news

Kindly educate me, bro. What I shared isn't my opinion, you can see it's from a website but I wouldn't throw back insult at you as you have just done to me. Do you have any credible evidence of what you just said in refute of the post, tell me and I'd share it. Thank you.
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 07, 2018
TheVictorious:

Kindly educate me, bro. What I shared isn't my opinion, you can see it's from a website but I wouldn't throw back insult at you as you have just done to me. Do you have any credible evidence of what you just said in refute of the post, tell me and I'd share it. Thank you.

The tournament wasn't the first Pan-African debate tourney, it was the First Open tournament from University of Lagos. so it was the Lagos Debate Open. The 7th Pan African Tourney is happening in Tanzania this December. The tournament was one by Tonye Ayafa of CU and Richard of University of Calabar. you can check Lagos debate open on instagram. I'm sorry if I was too harsh earlier. I'm a girl.
Re: Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos by TheVictorious(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2018
FatAmy:

The tournament wasn't the first Pan-African debate tourney, it was the First Open tournament from the University of Lagos. so it was the Lagos Debate Open. The 7th Pan African Tourney is happening in Tanzania this December. The tournament was one by Tonye Ayafa of CU and Richard of University of Calabar. you can check Lagos debate open on Instagram. I'm sorry if I was too harsh earlier. I'm a girl.

Okay ma'am, why not share me a link having all these may be from a credible website or the Instagram account you talked about

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laspotech Part Time Form Latest News / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy / Ekiti Assembly Condemns Indiscriminate Sacking Of University Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.