Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better (436 Views)

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal / Aguero’s Brother Launches Attack On Guardiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better by Blabbermouth: 8:54am On Dec 06, 2018
Messi has come under attack from Brazilian icon Pele
Legend Pele says Lionel Messi 'can't compare' to him - and incredibly slammed the Barcelona megastar for having just one attribute to his game.
The 78-year-old Brazil icon has sensationally criticised Messi for being one-footed.
He also says the five-time Ballon d'Or winner's inability to head the ball means he was a better player.
“How can you make a comparison between a guy who heads the ball well, shoots with the left, shoots with the right and another who only shoots with one leg, only has one skill and doesn’t head the ball well?” he told Folha de Sao Paulo.

Pele didn't hold back when asked if Messi was better than he was

“How can you compare? To compare with Pele, it has to be someone who shoots well with the left, shoots well with the right, and scores headers.”
Earlier this year, the Brazil hero said he believes Neymar is a better players than both Messi and long-term rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
The PSG star dropped a hint on YouTube that we could see him in the Premier League before too long.
Pele added: "As far as I’m concerned, Maradona was one of the best players ever. If you ask me, 'Was he better than Messi?' Yes, he was. Much better.

“[Franz] Beckenbauer, [Johan] Cruyff were also excellent players."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pele-launches-attack-one-skill-13694356.amp

Re: Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better by Blabbermouth: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2018
I am even starting to think that this Football legends I.e the likes of Pele and maradona" are afraid of Messi's and Ronaldo's dominance over football....
Them no wan lose their post
Re: Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better by Nbote(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2018
Pele is jus jealous... I'm sure if Messi had been a Brazilian Pele would have been singing his praises to high heaven's jus like he overhyped a certain Robinho who he claimed was beta dan Messi
Re: Pele Launches Attack On 'one Skill' Lionel Messi - And Says He Was Better by Blabbermouth: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2018
Nbote:
Pele is jus jealous... I'm sure if Messi had been a Brazilian Pele would have been singing his praises to high heaven's jus like he overhyped a certain Robinho who he claimed was beta dan Messi
Robinho was overhyped

(1) (Reply)

Pogba Didn't Taunt Mou, It Was A Schedule Marketing Tweet / Arsenal Fans Should Be Thankful For Dele Alli’s Reaction After He Was Hit- COACH / Way To Watch AFC Asian Cup 2019 Live Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.