Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,264 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal (24416 Views)

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House / Egypt Sacks Javier Aguirre, President Abou-rida Resigns After AFCON Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by robosky02(m): 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
AFCON 2021: ‘I Was Better Than Mendy’ –Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal

Pharaohs of Egypt goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal believes his performance during the Africa Cup of Nations was superior to Senegal’s Edouard Mendy.

Abou-Gabal was instrumental in Egypt progressing to the final of the just concluded AFCON in Cameroon after a shaky start.

He helped the seven-time African champions to two penalty shoot-out wins against Ivory Coast and Cameroon.

While many believe Abou-Gabal was the best shot stopper in the tournament, Mendy won the Best Goalkeeper award.

And reacting to losing the award to Mendy, the Zamalek goalkeeper claimed the Chelsea first choice told him that he played better.

“Even if I won the individual award, it won’t make any difference because we lost the Africa Cup of Nations title,” Abou-Gabal told MBC Masr.

“I think my numbers are slightly better than Mendy’s, but CAF choices are often odd.

“Mendy himself said that I played better, he told me to keep going as we’ll meet again in the World Cup qualifiers next March.”

Both keepers will face each other again when Egypt and Senegal clash in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers in March.

https://www.completesports.com/afcon-2021-i-was-better-than-mendy-egypt-keeper-abou-gabal/

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Rastaramsey(m): 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
FTC
The guy should have been the keepr of the tournament.... The guy had couples of mind-blowing saves in the match....
He went through some penalty shootout...

He should have been the keeper of the tournament....

Make no agama tag me ooo...

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by MITCHELL96: 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
I swear, Just that Sometimes, FIFA doesn't know the right person to give awards to, so many ill mistakes in their past award ceremonies

The last FIFA the best award Ceremony, how can Mendy win the best keeper and didn't make FifaXpro XI ? How did donnarumma replace him since he's the best keeper ? undecided

He's the best keeper, meaning he should have dominated every list/spot that has to do with goal keepers, Lol FIFA sef

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by robosky02(m): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Edward Mendy is far bigger than him

And is the next world best

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by GraphicsMaster1: 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
... AFCON 2021: ‘I Was Better Than Mendy’ –Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal

Pharaohs of Egypt goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal believes his performance during the Africa Cup of Nations was superior to Senegal’s Edouard Mendy....
Abou-Gabal was instrumental in Egypt progressing to the final of the just concluded AFCON in Cameroon after a shaky start?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by nairaman66(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
You were not better, even with your EXPOsitory escapades!

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by BigBelleControl(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
If Egypt had won the AFCON, I'm sure Gabaski would have been awarded the best goalkeeper. Sometimes, awards are based on your overall performance especially if you eventually come out top.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by steveneche(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
YOU CAN NOW BROWSE LONGER AT CHEAPER PRICE
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by TempUser: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
grin
Nemo judex en causa sua.

You can never be a judge in your own cause.

IN this case, you're a bottle water cheat!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Kingosytex(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Una wan milk this topic dry.
Gabaski was good, he made important saves that brought to the finals. I was upset that the media kept hyping and giving Salah the credit instead of him.
If the award was left for me, I would give it to Gabaski, dude was sensational. But I believe CAF knows better, so congratulations to Mendy.
Dude has come a very long way.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Ekpekus(m): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Campaign after election...
I believe there are criteria for such awards... were they followed? I don't know...
But election results haff come out no need for campaign

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by D4donnn: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Absolutely correct

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by illuminutty: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
With his expo water bottle.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by elpochas: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
True Talk.
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by tiswell(m): 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
True talk!
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Eriokanmi: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC
The guy should have been the keepr of the tournament.... The guy had couples of mind-blowing saves in the match....

You sef know say na lie. Senegalese keeper saved more cunning, deadly shots

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by tillaman(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Gabaski is good Expo or not but he’s not better than Mendy
El Shenawy carried Egypt until he got injured and Gabaski took over so if El shenawy was fit it’s so clear Gabaski stands no chance of playing
All I can say it was his time to shine

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by PointZerom: 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
grin

Will you keep kwayet.

You're a one chance goal keeper.
Your magic bottle failed you but Mendy saved one penalty and that was enough to make you cry like an orphaned he-goat.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by ruggedtimi(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
U wey dey recite all the penalty takers preferred spot.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Eriokanmi: 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC

You sef know say na lie. Senegalese keeper saved more cunning but deadly shots, if you watched the match from the beginning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Generalkorex(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Let the argument begins.
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by virginboy1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Okay let's settle this. smiley

Like for Senegal Goal Keeper (Mendy)
Share for Egypt Goal Keeper (Abou-Gabal).

57 Likes 20 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Zimzy(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
That is true but you should not blow the trumpet yourself. Replicate what you did in this competition in the nearest future and see if you will be appreciated or not.

5 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Abfinest007(m): 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mendy has more clean cheat . what's the essence of the award when he can't help his team to win the tournament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nigerian keeper is Instagram pretty face play boy.

They better start sourcing for a goal keeper if they want to stand a chance against Ghana.

Ghana don't joke when it's Nigeria. Record shows

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Boogyman557: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Mophor: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal by Mumusaphire: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rastaramsey:
FTC

Reason was that his not the first choice goalkeeper sir. If u check Egypt squared, he just entered when first choice keeper, elshawary got injured.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Pleads Guilty For €3.88m Tax Fraud To Avoid Prison / Chrisantus Macauley Joins HJK Helsinki From Real Murcia / Jay Jay Okocha Visits The Super Eagles Ahead Of Cote D'ivoire Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.