Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,824 members, 7,831,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Cracker In Ogun State: Demeji Bankole Vs Gbenga Deniel Of Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cracker In Ogun State: Demeji Bankole Vs Gbenga Deniel Of Ogun State (1319 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Vs Raufu Aregbesola (disgraceful) / Senator Gbenga Obadara's Daughter Graduates With A 2.1 In LLB Law (Photos) / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cracker In Ogun State: Demeji Bankole Vs Gbenga Deniel Of Ogun State by sunbouy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2010
A mild drama ensued at the commissioning of the Otta Bridge in Ogun State, when security aides of Governor Gbenga Daniel and the speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole engaged each other in a scuffle.

The confrontation occurred when the speaker, who had missed the commissioning ceremony, boarded the coaster bus conveying Governor Daniel, the minister of works, Mr. Sanusi Daggash and other dignitaries away from the venue, apparently to demonstrate his displeasure.

It is gathered that Daniel, in his speech, had told audience waiting for the commissioning that they should ensure that they allow Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Dimeji Bankole, be aware that the flyover to be commissioned was not the project he was supposed to witness, adding that Bankole was there to make unnecessary movement for political reason.

Bankole went directly into the Coaster bus of the governor to prevent the driver from plying the bridge. Though what transpired among the Speaker, Governor and the Minister while inside the vehicle was not known to journalists but people began to take cover when aides of Bankole and Daniel almost engaged in a shooting spree.

A source close to the Ogun State government said that Bankole told the Minister: "So you have invited me here to embarrass me enh? So you have the guts to cut the tape before me? This will be your last assignment. Anyway, follow me."

He reportedly turned to the governor and said: "Who the hell do you think you are? You have commissioned the bridge before my arrival, how can you do a thing like that?"

Dagash who cut the tape to commission the bridge was accompanied by Daniel and the Olota of Ota, Oba Moshood Oyede, the monarch who in company of his chiefs left the scene when the imbroglio started.

Daniel told the crowd that the project was the good work of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, adding: "The project was conceptualized and commenced by Obasanjo and we are happy that it was in his presence that the project is commissioned".

Reacting to the drama, the Speaker said:"No, no, no. I wasn?t locked out of anywhere. A bridge was commissioned and that is what I want to say. There was no fracas among supporters. That one is what I want to assure you. No, there was no power play between me and anybody. I only had a discussion with the governor and the minister in the Coaster bus. I wasn?t late to the commissioning.

My interest is to make sure that there is Federal Government presence in Ogun State and that is what we managed to do by the government completing the Ota Bridge which was commissioned today. Apart from that, I am not really interested in any other thing that went on there. I am just glad that the commissioning was done and I am looking forward to more projects being commissioned in the state."

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Boils Again! / Why Do Nigeria Oil Company Import Oil From Abroad And Bring Oil into Nigeria / It's Official: Buhari Picks Bakare As Running Mate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.