Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail (17145 Views)

‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack / FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Sit-At-Home: IPOB Members Set Trucks On Fire In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by spiritedtete: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2018
jayfolarin:

You don't get it.. I'm not even an APC apologist. But judging by the pattern of atiku's online campaign, he probably hired 'Cambridge analytica' the same company Gej hired in 2015 and helped massively push that 'blood and baboon' quote and pictures everywhere on the internet to try and discredit Buhari all to no avail.

This guys are not cheap at all, I mean they easily will cost atiku tens of million of $$$ and while they are obviously good at what they do as they helped Donald trump and brexiteers win massively, their methods of alienate, sow discord, spread hate and consolidate certain voter base simply cannot win federal elections in Nigeria!

They failed with Jonathan and will drive atiku to failure as well if he doesn't do something soon and fast! I no even pity Atiku, everyone around him are super vultures but the money he has is mostly on the sweat and blood of Nigerians anyways.. So waste away! grin

Burst my brain again please ! Hifive!

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Uncle93(m): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2018
Idiots. Just because fayose was almost killed?
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2018
anigbajumo:
See some fools here typing from their papa's compound saying is good development, am sure most of u don't knw the thousands of truck that always ply that road every hours,Ameachi now expect my father with 8 trucks to sell it and start another business. It can and never work,thunder fire APC....

Wat will happen to dangote trucks that always go to Lagos to transport raw material from Apapa port to various states where is company is located ??Highest tax payers in the Land..

Wat will happen to NUPENG,fuel tankers which happens to be the most effective union in Nigeria, u expect those tankers owner to be selling cloths....

It will just never work, as far as Lagos and Ogun is concern and exist within Nigeria, nothing can stop movement of trucks,fashola did it Nd doesn't work for one week....Just one week strike from NUPENG (tankers owner) will lead to scarcity of petrol across the nation Nd will reset dea brain. ....

So because of ur fathers 8 trucks Nigeria should not move forward abi, your family of less than 10 is more important than over 200 million Nigerians...sure, we must move further, fuel must be transported by train, if you like become a criminal & blow up rail ways with ur NUPENG tanker friends, the police will surely give you the messy end you deserve.

Some Nigerians are just selfishly & shamelessly wicked

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Cantonese: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2018
dre11:
…as Buhari holds special FEC session over 2019 budget

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2018/12/fg-moves-to-ban-trucks-on-lagos-ibadan-highway/

Good, but will APC be in power by July 2019? Surely if it will be commissioned it will be by another party. One day after 29th May 2019, Nigeria will experience the next level of suffering and poverty if APC remain.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by 4kDdullard: 8:30am On Dec 07, 2018
africantycoon:

I had detailed also why rail can't work in Nigeria:
- the dispatch operator doesn't want to work and wants to go to UK Canada usa so the train will be delayed or cancelled.
- the track maintenance staff are non chalet so grass grows on the tracks causing a derailment. S/he too wants to go UK us Canada Australia so doesn't care about the job.
- then the bribery: if u want it cargo to load first u pay more.
- and then tendency to make simple things complex.

Look at banks. none of the banks in nigeria have a proper recruitment system except first bank. Basic things aren't there.

Have u seen how ppl drive in Nigeria? It's not bad roads that cause accidents it's savage driving.

A ppl who refuse to take responsibility for national development but always blaming the presidency as if the presidency is the rough driver or the tout or the wicked man seeking bribe....
The whole system is messed up.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by chloride6: 8:32am On Dec 07, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Well, it isn't totally a bad idea but given the fact that Nigeria rail system is a tree network, instead of a matrix or rail lines, areas that do not have functional rail lines would suffer. For example, Onitsha, a commercial centre does not have any rail line crossing it. Will traders go as far as port Harcourt to trans load their goods to trucks?

This should not be for every location.

I'm sure they have thought about it.

They can move from Sagamu down to Lagos.

Upwards is a no go area.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by omoharry(f): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2018
yerokunphilips:
This will be wonderful , if only the rail are working effectively . It will reduce the burden on our road as well as reduce the rate of accident on that road .
Exactly..A good move in the right direction.If APC had focus on this developmental issues instead of using the whole of 3 years on blame game , I am sure they wont have to work three times extra to convince Nigerians to re-elect them...hmmmm!! now election is just by the corner and they are running here and there to get things in place for them to be re-elected and after the election..they will relax and the blame game resumes.

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Teenaira: 8:45am On Dec 07, 2018
yerokunphilips:
This will be wonderful , if only the rail are working effectively . It will reduce the burden on our road as well as reduce the rate of accident on that road .

I am very sure this is dead on arrival. The way Nigeria is structured interms of transportation today, Lagos Ibadan express road seems to be the most important road in the country but can you see how the bombshell is dropped on us. A lot of damage will be done to the economy of this country by the bottleneck that will be created by this 'VERY GOOD PROJECT". Just putting up infrastructure which is just an avenue for those close to the project to smile to the bank is not the solution to our problem.

For a project like this, every stakeholder should be aware and should by now have a comprehensive plan targeted at reviewing the impact and opportunities on their activities. Nations don't just become great, it is a lot and lots of work. Looks more like this announcement is just for political reasons.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by creedencity(m): 8:50am On Dec 07, 2018
4kDdullard:
God punish them, after una don kill how many? Black man is cursed.

and the policy should be abandoned so that many more be killed. your level of myopia is astonishing.

imagine a number of otedola brigde sagas that will be prevented by doing dis.
go to cote de voir there, heavy truck is rarely used. At the end of the day, it's your type that is quick to blame the government for any calamity that occurs. shio

what people do in the name of hatred is mind boggling.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by omoharry(f): 8:50am On Dec 07, 2018
anigbajumo:
See some fools here typing from their papa's compound saying is good development, am sure most of u don't knw the thousands of truck that always ply that road every hours,Ameachi now expect my father with 8 trucks to sell it and start another business. It can and never work,thunder fire APC....

Wat will happen to dangote trucks that always go to Lagos to transport raw material from Apapa port to various states where is company is located ??Highest tax payers in the Land..

Wat will happen to NUPENG,fuel tankers which happens to be the most effective union in Nigeria, u expect those tankers owner to be selling cloths....

It will just never work, as far as Lagos and Ogun is concern and exist within Nigeria, nothing can stop movement of trucks,fashola did it Nd doesn't work for one week....Just one week strike from NUPENG (tankers owner) will lead to scarcity of petrol across the nation Nd will reset dea brain. ....
just look at the mind of black man..shallow and ever selfish without any atom of futuristic and progressive mind set..he is thinking about how is father will fall out of business if the rail start functioning but is not bordered about the sorry situation of the country because some people are benefiting from it..oga..when Nigerian rail start working again ur father will tap into another business of transportation..he can even go higher by partnering with investor and tap into the PPP rail project that is yet to be signed to law...we should stop thinking as mediocre and starting looking at how the country can be better like other country.U think sey if the western world have this your mindset they will be as develop as they are today? but you like going there abi? enemy of progress

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by creedencity(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2018
omoharry:
just look at the mind of black man..shallow and ever selfish without any atom of futuristic and progressive mind set..he is thinking about how is father will fall out of business if the rail start functioning but is not bordered about the sorry situation of the country because some people are benefiting from it..oga..when Nigerian rail start working again ur father will tap into another business of transportation..he can even go higher by partnering with investor and tap into the PPP rail project that is yet to be signed to law...we should stop thinking as mediocre and starting looking at how the country can be better like other country.U think sey if the western world have this your mindset they will be as develop as they are today? but you like going there abi? enemy of progress

well deserved!!!.
it's alarming that we keep complaining of how bad the nation is, no examining how worse each and everyone of us is, i swear patriotism has gone to river to drown in this nation. No one is patriotic, no one is ready to sacrifice and everyone just wanna satisfy his selfish interest. with that type of mindset i fear for the future of the nation.

babe i tell you, nobody wan die but dey wan go heaven.

2 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by mapet: 9:11am On Dec 07, 2018
Topccy007z:
APC using everything at their disposal for campaign

To you, you have made sense? What do you expect them to use for their campaign? Thinks out of their disposal? grin
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by 4kDdullard: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2018
creedencity:

and the policy should be abandoned so that many more be killed. your level of myopia is astonishing.

imagine a number of otedola brigde sagas that will be prevented by doing dis.
go to cote de voir there, heavy truck is rarely used. At the end of the day, it's your type that is quick to blame the government for any calamity that occurs. shio

what people do in the name of hatred is mind boggling.
It appears you lack comprehension ability but let me not blame you because you are one of the victims of the faulty system.
Could you point at where I condenmed the policy? Look dude! My emphasis was on how long it has taken them to consider such a policy after many lives have gone.
Next time do not rush to comment without comprehension.
I am in total support of the policy but it is painful that a black man does not pay attention to things that matter.
Don't be surprised that the policy will never be implemented, it's a mere talk.
Do you know that the likes of Atiku and Buhari have become the best our major political parties can project as their flagbearer because we are cursed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by mapet: 9:26am On Dec 07, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Well, it isn't totally a bad idea but given the fact that Nigeria rail system is a tree network, instead of a matrix or rail lines, areas that do not have functional rail lines would suffer. For example, Onitsha, a commercial centre does not have any rail line crossing it. Will traders go as far as port Harcourt to trans load their goods to trucks?

This should not be for every location.

Bros,

Stay woke, so that you don't just spew and spread ignorance. You're making affirmative statements on what is incorrect and asking questions on top

Onitsha rail line excites group

The 10 new standard gauge rail routes where feasibility studies were being carried out as follow: The 300km Lagos-Sagamu-Ijebu Ode-Ore-Benin City East-West rail line; Lagos-Ibadan-Osogbo-Baro-Abuja high speed 615km line; Ajaokuta (Eganyin)-Obajana-Jakura-Baro-Siraj-Abuja rail; Additional line from Ajaokuta to Otukpo (533km); and the 520km Zaria-Kaura Namoda-Sokoto-Ileila-Birnin Koni in Niger Republic. Others are the Benin-Agbor-Onitsha-Nnewi-Owerri-Aba rail with additional line from Onitsha-Enugu-Abakaliki, 500km; Eganyin (near Ajaokuta)-Lokoja-Abaji-Abuja, 280km; Benin-Sapele-Warri-Yenagoa-Port Harcourt-Aba-Uyo-Calabar-Akampa-Ikom-Obudu Cattle Ranch coastal rail line, 673km; Port Harcourt-Aba-Umuahia-Enugu-Makurdi-Lafia-Kuru-Bauchi-Gombe-Biu-Maiduguri line; Ikom-Obudu-Ogoja-Katsina Ala-Wukari-Jalingo-Yola-Maiduguri line and Kano-Nguru-Gusau-Damaturu-Maiduguri-Gamborugala rail line.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/fg-plans-10-new-rail-lines-nationwide-new-coaches-arrive/
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by KanwuliaMama: 9:32am On Dec 07, 2018
murphybo:

Even though we believe what is enclosed in your cranium can't be nothing but saw dust but at least you can still pretend to have brain enclosed in it. Next time try and read the context because the answer to your first and only question that displays your ignorance is answered in the context. Others are as a result of what you have upstairs that can't be rack very well.

Me nor ask you o! grin
So. . . Nor let am pain ya too much!
Abi you wanna switch places to the “first to comment” status? wink

lastmanstandn:

Don’t criticize just because you can. Try to use 2% of your brain. That way you can make a little sense of all the good things around you.

You use a 1/4 of your brain if anything is still there! kiss I did not ask you! wink
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by KanwuliaMama: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2018
helinues:

All in the name of ftc and likes.

Log out your nairaland account. Visit the site as a visitor, pretend as if you didn't write this and be the judge.

When you eat too much of kulikuli.. That's the effect. Kulikuliextra

Arrrrrigggh! First to comment has paid all my bill this year! Please, stay employed. You will be less frustrated with your life! cheesy

Rubbish!
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by brightleave(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Stupid move!
How will goods be transported?
Amaechi the CROOK!
Building useless “toy trains”! cheesy

This JUBRIL na real DUNCE! cheesy
JESUS shocked shocked shocked does these kind of people still exist? Nigeria is finish
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by KanwuliaMama: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2018
brightleave:
JESUS shocked shocked shocked does these kind of people still exist? Nigeria is finish

Yes o!
After all JUBRIL is alive! grin
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by somehow: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2018
Ban to be on lagos-ibadan route. He can use other route
juniorstar:
Lovely, but what wud happen to thousands of dangote truck on the road. At this time when he is even planning to open a truck manufacturing plant in the country.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Lomprico2: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2018
Make una finish d rail line first naa! Haba!!

Which kain overzealous fools be this? angry
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by BeansAndBread(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2018
Stalwert:

grin grin they use their head as decorations rather than reasoning
Chaii, this is wickedness grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by jomoh: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2018
Magalan:
Must all goods be moved via rail?... you dont force people to pick a choice, you make people pick a choice..

Give them a reason to.

It’s a country not a church

That’s why we have police force.

The government is not to persuade people the government is to force people to follow rules to ensure continued and ORDERLY running of the country.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by holuphisayor(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2018
Good.
But how do you transport petrol via train? grin

That's very important to keep off road
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Charly68: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2018
Sai Baba !
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Sabadon(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
if and only if this wasn't a political statement, only if they meant it, not just meaning it but implement it, not just implementing it, but in good time...... what I got to learn is, it's d little things we do with dedication summed up dat turns out to become big things.......... JUST ONLY IF
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by anigbajumo(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
omoharry:

Yer analysis is wack as ur shallow thinking, can u pls tell me the atmosphere FG has provided as alternative after it affected our businesses ??

I don't knw why most of u come here and attack person without critical thinking b4 u type here,did u knw millions of Nigerians that will be jobless if FG ban movement of truck along that same road....

U only consider my fathers truck,wat of thousands of dangote drivers and motor boy that will be automatically retrenched??Not only dangote there are many investors with thousands of trucks..

Wat of those dealers in Lagos that deals with selling and buying of trucks??

Wat of igbo business men that were selling truck spare part that always ships in thousands if containers daily??

You ar saying my family of 10,we av 8 trucks with 3 workers each,24 people on payroll every week Nd same with millions of transporter across the nation.You want them all to go back to farm!?

Think well b4 u talk,until FG provide enable environment for us to divert our businesses, any other option except this can never work....
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by anigbajumo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
creedencity:

well deserved!!!.
it's alarming that we keep complaining of how bad the nation is, no examining how worse each and everyone of us is, i swear patriotism has gone to river to drown in this nation. No one is patriotic, no one is ready to sacrifice and everyone just wanna satisfy his selfish interest. with that type of mindset i fear for the future of the nation.

babe i tell you, nobody wan die but dey wan go heaven.

Lol, sacrifice my own source of income for who??

Same way politicians that has looted both ur present and future join sacrifice themselves for u, wen it doesn't affect u then u can open ur mouth to talk anyhow...
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by okonyia(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2018
This will be a good move if implemented. But shoud not only be for West North, but west east -South. This will help not only prevent accident, but will hep the roads to last
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by deyahaya: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
This is a giant stride achievements to Nigeria by the government of Buhari /APC administration Buhari must take us to the NEXT LEVEL.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Pataricatering(f): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
The government can actually force people to do things - don’t they force you to pay tax ? Force you to send your children to school, force you to use insurance etc etc
Magalan:
Must all goods be moved via rail?... you dont force people to pick a choice, you make people pick a choice..

Give them a reason to.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by Mrbadmus1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
This is a very good move, it will reduce the rate of accidents on the highway. It will also reduce traffic. Thanks to Buhari administration.
Re: FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail by omoharry(f): 10:17am On Dec 11, 2018
anigbajumo:

Yer analysis is wack as ur shallow thinking, can u pls tell me the atmosphere FG has provided as alternative after it affected our businesses ??

I don't knw why most of u come here and attack person without critical thinking b4 u type here,did u knw millions of Nigerians that will be jobless if FG ban movement of truck along that same road....

U only consider my fathers truck,wat of thousands of dangote drivers and motor boy that will be automatically retrenched??Not only dangote there are many investors with thousands of trucks..

Wat of those dealers in Lagos that deals with selling and buying of trucks??

Wat of igbo business men that were selling truck spare part that always ships in thousands if containers daily??

You ar saying my family of 10,we av 8 trucks with 3 workers each,24 people on payroll every week Nd same with millions of transporter across the nation.You want them all to go back to farm!?

Think well b4 u talk,until FG provide enable environment for us to divert our businesses, any other option except this can never work....
.Na so PHCN no take work till today because of sabotage from Generator sellers and distributors of PMS so that these buys can continue to feed thier families..Abi?....for development to take place some businesses will have to go for the general good of the country..when that time come them go find alternative means to survive.ur papa as well as the the Dangote truck drivers will find alternative to survive. Just like NITEL whose workers had to pay the ultimate price for the Telecommuication to strive..now you are using GSM and can load ur fone with data isn't it? there must be a way at the end of the day for everyone.But that Nigerian should continue in this way just becos few are using it to put food on thier table..that i strongly object to,...for proogress to take place some people will have to be affected.even in war.. people use that terrible situation to thier benefit and feel sad when the war is over..so let us progressive mind for ones

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Target Of Blasphemous Campaign To Cause Religious War - Campaign Office / Osun Election Petition Tribunal Update: INEC Tenders Election Results / FACT CHECK: Did Tinubu Promise To Reduce Purchasing Power Of Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.