Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack (30699 Views)

I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting Md’s Sack / Atiku Had Not Moved On Yet - By Charles Awuzie / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Ofunaofu: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Barr Nyesom Wike, has said neither sentiment nor emotion will stand in his way of doing the right thing.

Wike stated this in Abuja, while reacting to a trending video of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company (AUMTCO) staff lamenting over the sack of the company’s Managing Director.

The MD and Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr Najeeb Abdulsalam, was among the 21 heads of parastatals, agencies, and companies of the FCT Administration that were sacked by the minister on Wednesday.

Wike further explained that he would do the right thing for the interest of residents of the FCT and Nigerians at large.

“That is why when I watch people on video, crying that somebody has been removed and that he has been doing well, but the question is, if you have been doing well, where are the buses?

“No sentiment, no emotions will be considered when we are doing what is right. We will do the right thing for the interest of the people. If you like, carry 20 people, put video and cry as much as you want to cry, it will not bother us. What bothers us is the reality on ground,” the minister said.

He advised political appointees to always prepare to leave office at any time because someone might come and would want to have a total change.

“You are not a civil servant where you will say nobody is supposed to retire me because I am not up to the age of retirement.

“Even as a minister, I can be relieved of my position now. You don’t need to cry; some other people will come and all we pray for is, let us get the best,” Wike said.

https://dailytrust.com/im-not-moved-by-your-tears-wike-slams-workers-protesting-mds-sack/

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by ozo13(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
Same people crying and protesting, where wr they when their former boss wasn't doing the right thing.We didn't see them protest about the rot but they kept quiet and allow the rot to continue

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Taylor92: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Tinubu inviting Wike to his camp might be the end of them

Do you know Atiku is fighting everything to bring Tinubu down because to get at Wike

Wike make Sure you remain in power forever oo

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by dangotesmummy: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
grin

Wike don decode every emotional blackmail and gimmick Nigerians wan use weaken him governance,Na him he quickly clear them grin

Wike Na man you be cheesy

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Pandev(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
Emperor Wike on the beat! cheesy

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by slivertongue: 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
theatrics

5 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Ofunaofu: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2023
Wike. The man who sold an entire state just to become the FCT minister

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Wicked Wike 😂

4 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Guyman01: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2023
The same question I asked myself, where are the buses🚌
FCT residents can't find the buses to alleviate the hardship caused by subsidy removal and workers of the bus company are protesting the sack of the Managing Director by Wike, for this to happen in Nigeria it means that the man was generously distributing monies meant to buy new buses and run the company to the staff of the agency and they love him for that.

Compare that with the protest against Dave Umahi who has been travelling across the country's roads and lamenting the state of our roads and proffering workable solutions and implementing checks and balances to ensure that the country gets value for every Naira spent on roads construction, he has been declared a bad man by civil servants in the ministry, when they requested for Sallah largesse he gave them N15m from his own pocket instead of N500m from govt funds and they are not happy 🙄

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by kokoA(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2023
Na the man and him staff been dey chop money meant for buses in FCT be that na.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Opanka44(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2023
Nigerians politicians. Though I agree with wicked Wike to a very large extent. If we must make a headway in this country, then, we must have to as a matter of utmost necessity eschew emotions and sentiments. We should rather be logical, empirical and objective in our dealings

NB
The suffering in the land is too much. The inflation is extreme. If there's anybody who can assist me with three thousands to buy food items and cook, I'll be grateful. Thanks

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by MrsTwrite(f): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2023
His conscience is sealed with some touch of wickedness.🤐

5 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Hier(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2023
The man that sold Rivers State for a pot of porrage

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by hakym619(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2023
Guys I'm confused.

What does " treasury - paid " paid means and does the news on wage increments means that FG staffs will now get additional 35k on their monthly earnings?

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by tommy589(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2023
Wike be ogbologbo no emotion grin he is not swayed by the staffs reactions

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by usecondom(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2023
That's my man, I love your type of leadership. If you don't like him go and relocate to where laws are broken without checks. Thanks and bye bey....

27 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by YoungLionken(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
No right thing can come out from a wrong thing..

People suddenly claim righteous or straight forward, only when they're in charge..

Wike rigged Rivers state presidential election for BAT...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by bennybuhari: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
They will soon humble you like Umahi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by iCauseTrouble: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by spy24(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Wike is a very effective man....

7 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Amuluonyenaego: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Wicked man
Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Chetas81(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
dangotesmummy:
grin

Wike don decode every emotional blackmail and gimmick Nigerians wan use weaken him governance,Na him he quickly clear them grin

Wike Na man you be cheesy
can you imagine your comment, your emoji show the type of the citizen you're

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Hotfreezing: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Nyesom Wike

Cunning old fox grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Hotfreezing: 9:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Chetas81:
can you imagine your comment, your emoji show the type of the citizen you're

You are sentimental and that's bad for leadership

11 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Nice2023(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Sentiments aside,the decision to sack him is a good one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Hotfreezing: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Hier:
The man that sold Rivers State for a pot of potraige

This one doesn't know whether to use porridge or pottage. grin

Dumb Obidient

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by wittywriter: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Opanka44:
Nigerians politicians

Conflict of Interest howbeit Nigeria's political space is occupied by greedy corrupt peeps with zero empathy to the plights of masses.

Wittyness.
Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Gamesmart: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
This is a MAN!!!

He is not like the Wimp called Dave Umahi.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by Mystic969: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Action man

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack by ThiefnubuBandit: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Since 2018 I left Nigeria for Rio de Janeiro, I've never bothered coming back to that stink hole. A country ruled by evil criminals parading themselves as democrats.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Suspect Tied By A Soldier In Chad (Photo) / Kaduna, Aba, Onitsha, Umuahia Among 20 Worst Cities Worldwide For Air Pollution / Moses Ekpo Resigns As Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor, To Join Akpabio In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.