Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? (6853 Views)

Wema Bank Shares / I Want To Sell My First Bank Shares / Zenith Bank Shares Offer: Opportunity Or Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by alanbolo(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2007
Definitely, I'll go for the land as a stable means of investments. Shares do go up and down, and are bound to be subjected to geopolitical influences, if you miss out now, you can also buy a similar share type but Land on the other hand will not depreciate.

Ensure you purchase from a reliable source, otherwise you'll pay triple the amount for the omo-onile(s).
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by honeric01(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2007
you can go for a plot of land somewhere you know would soon be open, as soon be urbanised, now that we have alot of banks buying propertise now
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by honeric01(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2007
i support the last post, go for land if its long term, i want that for myself too
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by kintro(m): 12:56am On May 30, 2007
Hi Guys,
Talking about lands. Does anyone have info about buying land in IBADAN and price per plot ,
thanks 4 anticipated contributions
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by tglaz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2007
I love this blog!!! wink
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by diglo(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2007
Hello nairalanders, i need to invest some money in shares and i dont know how to find a standard stock broker

The said amount is for short term purpose so this means that the broker must be very alart and a good speculator.

All inforrmation would be appreciated.
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by mimiko(f): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2007
just pick one of the two remember the hugher the risk the better the returns
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by naijaking1: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2007
@poster

Time seems to have answered your question. Around the time in question, I bought 2 plots of land around Abuja for 900K, and bought 10k shares of First Bank for 330k, ie 33/each.

Today, I'm still waiting for the stock certificate from First Bank, but the stock is at valued 43 naira each or 430k for my total portfolio.

The 2 plots of land I bought for 450k each is currently selling for 1.5million each after a bridge and road were added to the area.

I leave you to calculate the % increase.

I am not based in naija, and certainly not a stock exchange professional, and all my transactions were done from overseas using advice I picked up from this forum, and of course some relatives in naija.
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by youngdoc: 2:05am On Dec 01, 2007
Naijaking
Ur case is exceptional because you were lucky, or savvy in picking a choice plot. If you wait for First bank it will definitely reach its real price of about N50-60 and the profit should be almost comparable then. I dont agree that land is that short-term in appreciation rates.
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by naijaking1: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2007
youngdoc:

Naijaking
your case is exceptional because you were lucky, or savvy in picking a choice plot. If you wait for First bank it will definitely reach its real price of about N50-60 and the profit should be almost comparable then. I don't agree that land is that short-term in appreciation rates.

I'm definitely not savvy, maybe lucky.

This lack of certificates many months after the PO is a big minus for naija stocks.
Re: Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? by raffite: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2008
We buy, We sell, We manage Land and Houses. CALL: 08035070731 OR 08057403937 NOW!

A piece of Land measuring approximately Seven Thousand Three Hundred and Eighty-Nine square meters (7389m2) located at NigerCat area in Ekpan, DELTA STATE: suitable for church site or campground, school or corporate residential quarters. Contact the mandated or authorized real estate broker, Sheriff Abugu on 08035070731.

NOTE: 100×100 ft sq units and 100×50 ft sq units are also available at the same location

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earn Unlimited 500 Naira Daily For Free / Which Bank Offers The Best Interest Rate For A Fixed Deposit Account / Avoid Kuda Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.