Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,424 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich (39951 Views)

This Is Why The Rich Don't Help The Poor In Nigeria / For People Who Grew Up Poor And Eventually Escaped Poverty, Whats Your Story? / What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by medropoly(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
wetin concern me wit dix one undecided undecided

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Odani: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
This is plagiarism and u know it
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Ugosample(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Jamestown123:
I don't agree. So u mean if I watch TV I won't get rich.So many people out there that don't know how to read but have money what will u call that. Besides there are many big people who still depends on monthly salary.

The article is spot on

I get your concerns tho

But if one is consumed in entertainment most of the time, ODDS ARE SUCH PERSON WILL BE POOR.

TV is just the illustration

monthly salary will not get you rich

What you do with that monthly salary is what will determine whether you will br rich or not

A salaried person investing in things that brings in residual income (equity, real estate, a second business, etc) will most likely be rich

A salaried person spending money anyhow is on a highway to sweet poverty
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
The poor give birth to 7 children while the rich give birth to 2 or 3 children.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by PotatoSalad(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Ugosample:

Well...

Most Nigerians don't have N2m to their name so......

We should have our own metric on what is considered rich, upper middle class, middle class etc

other countries have their own stats

Like 5m $ upwards is rich in America

$500k is middle class etc

we should have our own stats
Good. 10 m naira should be our middle class.
50 m is being comfortable and 200 m is rich.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by pulsa(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
PotatoSalad:

2m is just 6,000 dollars. If you think that's rich, rethink
Yeah there is always that point when you switch from considering the value of things in that poor Naira currency and start considering them in dollars, it reveals just how poor Nigeria and to a larger extent Nigerians really are.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
baakus:

poor man mentality.

we ain't expected to have that in cash but in asset that can yield more.

If after all your assets, business, and living allowance, you don't have a minimum of N2m, you are poor.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by ifeko1214(m): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by gentlegenius(m): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
sotomayor:
Very Valid point s from you

Sportybet.com

gives you the opportunity to Win your Bet On a regular register at
Sportybet.com

today
you are poor.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Raalsalghul: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
bidak:
In as much I agree with the OP points, been poor and rich largely depends on opportunities you get, the people you know and the environment you grow up or live in
This, I can agree with.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by papadoculus(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
where wuld a pona perwon wey get mobey,dey buy tv
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by sotomayor: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
selfmadeboss:

once i am senator by 2019. i will MAKE SURE gambling is illegal and idiots like you promoting it are arrested and locked. and the key thrown away
lolz dream on.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by PLAYBOX22: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
Lacomus:
are you saying I'm rich. ?

But where is the money ?

cool the rich have money and the poor do not have money

9) the rich act like they are poor and the poor act like they are rich

So you get moni

2 Likes

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by PLAYBOX22: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
sotomayor:
lolz dream on.
it's healthy to dream bigcheesy
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Hassan88(m): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
#1 The poor watch TV while the rich read

The poor read to be a better person tomorrow
So I disagree to agree with you.

#2 They poor get paid timely and rich get paid based on results

It depends my friend.

#3 The poor blame and rich takes responsibilities

Even the poor takes responsibilities...
The rich also blame.....

They blame their “village people” for any negative events in their life.

#4 The poor save while the rich invest
It's a lie... Both invest..

The poor invest to be rich while the rich invest to have more wealth.

#5 The poor know it all while the rich continuously learn

The poor also do a continuous learning my friend.
Talking from experience.

#6 The poor believe that money is the root of all evil while the rich believe poverty is the root of all evil

It's a lie.

#7 Poor have lottery mentality rich have an action mentality

It's applicable to both parties.
Especially the spoilt rich kids.

Kudos though... Offense Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Admitwithschola: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
Colourich:
The poor give birth to 7 children while the rich give birth to 2 or 3 children.

Lol, are you sure?

I am waiting for you to say yes, then I will counter you. smiley
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by allytinted: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
The poor are on nairaland booking space upandan with meaningless comments and making chidish jabs while the rich reads meaningful comments and move on.

1 Like

Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by allytinted: 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2018
TreasureJunky:
Considering #3, Buhari must be a very poor man,, even though he's a president.. He's very poor when it comes to creating wealth.. No wonder his cattle doesn't grow more than 150, year in year out
Poor man. Always blaming people instead of taking responsibility. Smh
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by spiralwedge(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
The poor argues stubbornly, ignorantly and unnecessarily, prob out of frustration; the rich either ignores or dismisses with a line or statement.

You will see plenty of poor people on NL.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by incomeboostng: 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
Not all the points are true sha
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Admitwithschola:

Lol, are you sure?

I am waiting for you to say yes, then I will counter you. smiley
I don't understand.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by WiseStarr(m): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
I strongly disagree
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Galaxyowerri(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
Bravo!!!
I was smiling as I read through the article because it was as if the writer used me as a case study for the rich man grin grin
Everything that is said to be the attitude of the rich is indeed my character, and everything he said there is the absolute truth.

I look at people playing bet and other lotteries as misguided people. For God sake, how can you base your future riches on the assumption of winning a lottery?

I hardly have time for TV except occasionally watching BBC news or documentary as films always bore me even when I try to force myself to watch as a way of unwinding.

Being rich is a choice but you must pay the price which is outright focus and determination to achieve results regardless of how difficult the situation is.

I keep expanding my sources of income while earnings keep going up even at a time many around me are struggling to get by.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Jamestown123: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
Ugosample:

The article is spot on

I get your concerns tho

But if one is consumed in entertainment most of the time, ODDS ARE SUCH PERSON WILL BE POOR.

TV is just the illustration

monthly salary will not get you rich

What you do with that monthly salary is what will determine whether you will br rich or not

A salaried person investing in things that brings in residual income (equity, real estate, a second business, etc) will most likely be rich

A salaried person spending money anyhow is on a highway to sweet poverty
Hahaha thanks bro got ur point
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
PotatoSalad:
#1 The poor watch TV while the rich read

Of course. The rich will buy a $15,000 145" MicroLED TV to read ebooks.

Btw the new Avengers Endgame trailer is out. Happy to see Jeremy Renner again cool

To be honest, most rich folks buy such big screens for status and decorations and their stay home wives of course grin, they don't really watch stuffs that often.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Water101(f): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
The poor are rich in faith the rich lack faith.
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by Worldbest281: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Are rich people on Nairaland? I mean those whose minimum account balance is 2m.
yes
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by maisauki: 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
Donald95:
Nice write-up.

Based on 3rd point, Bulhari is definitely poor upstairs
Dont play stone-throwin games if u live in a glass house...
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by maisauki: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
Donald95:
Nice write-up.

Based on 3rd point, Bulhari is definitely poor upstairs
Dont play stone-throwin games if u live in a glass house...wl u feel api if som1 says this abt ur dad
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by PotatoSalad(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
PaulSimon2020:
To be honest, most rich folks buy such big screens for status and decorations and their stay home wives of course grin, they don't really watch stuffs that often.
Some do. I wouldn't buy a $15k tv for decoration. I'd rather install a fireplace or a big ass painting. Or be like Bill gates and have a large aquarium grin
Re: 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich by PotatoSalad(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
pulsa:

Yeah there is always that point when you switch from considering the value of things in that poor Naira currency and start considering them in dollars, it reveals just how poor Nigeria and to a larger extent Nigerians really are.
Imagine a girl saving for 3 months to buy a 30k fone. That's less than $100. A few hours wage in the US angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shares How He Made It In Business / Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 / How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.