Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment (750 Views)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by gentlegenius(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has just rejected the Amendment made to the Electoral Act by the National Assembly.
This is the third time that the President would be rejecting the fresh amendments made to the Electoral act by the National Assembly.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly (Senate) Ita Enang told State House Reporters this afternoon.
He said the President has communicated to the National Assembly on the decision taken on the Electoral Act.
He however said the President has assented to the amendment made to the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) act. With the assent, NOUN can now operates like other conventional universities.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-again-buhari-declines-assent-to-electoral-act.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1067660350

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Stone123(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
cool
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by gentlegenius(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
But why is this dullard always rejecting the new amendments to our electoral Act?
Is there something he is afraid of?
lalasticlala what have you to say?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by alsudan: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
The dullard is afraid of a free, fair and credible election.

Having INEC, the Police, so called federal might on his side, won't suppress the Majority's will to end his reign of terror, and any attempt to usurp the will of the people will be a call for total and unending Anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by lonecatt(m): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Buhari is a hypocrite
He said he wants free and fair election but refuses to sign a bill that guaratees it. He must sign it oh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by socialmediaman: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
Is there any doubt on anyone’s mind that Buhari is planning to rig the 2019 elections? What is he afraid of? Defeat of incumbent was something he benefited from so this should not be new to him.

Do your job and let Nigerians decide whether you did a great job enough for them to re-elect you. Simple!
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
For a president who has consistently credited the card reader machines for helping give him victory after so many try, isn't it the peak of hypocrisy for him to decline giving legal and constitutional imprimatur to such technology?

What is Buhari afraid of?

Who is doing this?

He has declined assent to Electoral amendment bill.

He will not attend debate.

He is bugged with being a clone.

Let me see how Buhari is gonna survive these atrocities.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Nbote(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
What exactly is d President Afraid of?
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by NOC1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
alsudan:
The dullard is afraid of a free, fair and credible election.

Having INEC, the Police, so called federal might on his side, won't suppress the Majority's will to end his reign of terror, and any attempt to usurp the will of the people will be a call for total and unending Anarchy.

stop beating chest and face the subject of discussion, your shouts can not change anything.
I will like the presidency to give us there reasons for not signing the bill before i air my view. My parents asked me never be in a haste to take a decision, i should equally avoid passing a judgement out of anger

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by quickberry2(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
grin

That is my presido......make them bring the bill after presidential election

Give it to them as e dey hot

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by CilicMarin: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Good decision by the President. Anything to ensure free and fair election is welcomed...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by midolian(m): 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
NOC1:

stop beating chest and face the subject of discussion, your shouts can not change anything.
I will like the presidency to give us there reasons for not signing the bill before i air my view. My parents asked me never be in a haste to take a decision, i should equally avoid passing a judgement out of anger baseless hatred

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by Stalwert: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
The bill contained irregularities that will not help democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by helinues: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
3rd time. Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by helinues: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
Good decision by the President. Anything to ensure free and fair election is welcomed...

Tell us what the bill is about.
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by onubijoe(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
The lifeless man is so wicked to a point he has no regard for God and the rule of laws in Nigeria.

selfish corruption have become so much a part of life in APC led administration that it could be said that everyone deals falsely and yet they were not at all ashamed

#LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain
#BetterNigeriaWithAtiku2019
#TheAtikuPlans
Re: Buhari Rejects Electoral Act Amendment by WATCHOVER(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2018
The most National Assembly should pass it in to law by themselves. They have the right if the fake president don't want to sign

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders, Please Save Me From IBEDC / FACT Check:verifying Osinbajo,obi,vice-presidential Candidates At 2019 Debate / 7 Reasons Why The SE/SS Should Boycott The 2019 Elections Like Nnamdi Kanu Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.