Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC (30293 Views)

70% Of Graduates Will Fail This Question / Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG / NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by NairaMaster1(m): 8:47am On Dec 08, 2018
Colourich:
Good for them but people still don't value their certificate, their lawyers can't go to law school.

Go and read the post. They can now participate in NYSC and Law school according to the bill signed into Law.

I accept them for their maturity.

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2018
pinkguy:
The way they allow everyone to join nysc is so annoying I can still recall in camp when we were ask to introduce our self,one low life polytechnic student got the nerve to cycle his fingers and deep one of his finger inside indirectly telling a crowd of more than hundred people that he love sex a lot
You think you are better than them 'cause you are a university graduate, do you know that polytechnics teach very well and they are taught the practical aspect of learning?

NB: I'm a university graduate.

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by NairaMaster1(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2018
pinkguy:
The way they allow everyone to join nysc is so annoying I can still recall in camp when we were ask to introduce our self,one low life polytechnic student got the nerve to cycle his fingers and deep one of his finger inside indirectly telling a crowd of more than hundred people that he love sex a lot

So, is the polytechnic that caused that. You know how our universities produce Ashawo. As a university graduate I am a living witness.

University girls are first class ashawo. From my B.Pharm to my current PhD program I can weep for them without stopping.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 08, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I think it is a good move, there are several online / long distance education all over the western world and there certificates are recognized and not discriminated against why is it an issue in Nigeria cool
We value foreign certificate more than our local ones

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 08, 2018
Adufeamos:
yelss o tel them oooo lol haters re going to die now. this is gud development why the discrimination before. Afterall NOUN is better than all ths mushrooms uni around. Kudos PMB @least u achieve this great one even if I'm not apy wit ur regime.
Keep consoling yourself you hear.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2018
46O1CE:
You have problem
I know I have problem, you don't need to tell me.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by AngelicBeing: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2018
asuustrike1:

We value foreign certificate more than our local ones
Lol, during my post graduate studies in the West, I also enrolled in several distant / online courses and no employer has ever raised an eyebrow about it, University of London, several Universities in the US all run distance learning education and the certificate are accepted, so why is that of NOUN an issue, NOUN is not different from other long distant education in other countries cool

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by qanda: 9:19am On Dec 08, 2018
Good. NOUN POP Exams Past Questions are available for download on Q and A App. Search for "q and a" on Playstore (the first App on the search result). See signature for App link.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by ChrisIntegral(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2018
I once marked their final year scripts..
My brothers&sisters, without aided marking they will all fail. Just few average students. Some beg for marks( sir/madam please help me to pass i just gave birth).

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by tosyne2much(m): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Lol, during my post graduate studies in the West, I also enrolled in several distant / online courses and no employer has ever raised an eyebrow about it, University of London, several Universities in the US all run distance learning education and the certificate are accepted, so why is that of NOUN an issue, NOUN is not different from other long distant education in other countries cool
That's what the country has turned to bro

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by ahjerryboy1(m): 9:26am On Dec 08, 2018
I don't even value the school at all, to me is an advance secondary school
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by 46O1CE: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2018
ChrisIntegral:
I once marked their final year scripts..
My brothers&sisters, without aided marking they will all fail. Just few average students. Some beg for marks( sir/madam please help me to pass i just gave birth).
Aided marking my foot .
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Skmoda360(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2018
Colourich:
You think you are better than them 'cause you are a university graduate, do you know that polytechnics teach very well and they are taught the practical aspect of learning?

NB: I'm a university graduate.
Gbam!!! You are right.....
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by 46O1CE: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2018
ahjerryboy1:
I don't even value the school at all, to me is an advance secondary school
That’s your own kettle of fish .

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by kolaomoobba: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2018
Good news from @PMB

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by Officialzoe: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2018
pinkguy:

I still don't see why u should call him a low life. nd I don't even think u are better than him.. there is a better way u could construct ur opinion nd pass it across but not like this. learn Mr university graduate

note: I am a university graduate too

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by bamvik(m): 9:48am On Dec 08, 2018
Till i see them going for nysc, for now i dont trust this govt
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by technuel: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Buhari has just captured the votes of many NOUN students. Hmmm 2019 will be very interesting.....
Meanwhile It seems many Lagosians are in love with Jimi Agbaje see as they were hailing the man when he was introduced in experience last night Sanwolu was also there too.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by olawale780: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2018
pinkguy:
so what is your point?
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by ngadaAwo: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2018
pinkguy:
you're the low life here bra

5 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by olawale780: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2018
melanch:
Good news. Service or no service, there's no job in Nigeria. The few we luckily have are paying peanuts and if you try to prove relevant, your boss will show you the door to the streets. So try and look for any side hustle.

The image below is my side hustle
tor, i agree to doing other side hustle. But 18K add every month is also something bro
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by gentlesoul2010: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2018
Glory be to God

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by olawale780: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2018
AngelicBeing:
I think it is a good move, there are several online / long distance education all over the western world and there certificates are recognized and not discriminated against why is it an issue in Nigeria cool
Because Nigerians are so sentimental. Even u went to the so called best school in Nigeria; your Academy performance will still be evaluated in other countries to meet up to their standard while looking for work or schools. Which mean our so called standard do not apply in those countries, and we still discriminate ourselves.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by BluntBoy(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2018
The government does not know what it is getting into.

That is more money to throw away. They can't even afford to pay 30k for the corps members and now they want to add more prospective corps members. And they are now sure to get a lot more graduates with the inclusion of an open university.

Graduates of NOUN should not be participating in the scheme.

NOUN is an open university. It would be unfair to allow them and disallow distant learners of other universities.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by olawale780: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2018
supportnija:

O boy set up yoyr training academy , router, switch, cable and others are not costtly before you forgot what you learnt 95percent of jobs in Nigeria is based on man know man pls do that, the next one year big company will employe you with your teaching experience with value.pls take heed.
one of the best comments, i will ever read on Nairaland this year. The issue with d Cisco is that u need to keep renewing the certification every 3 years and It is always very easy to forget if u dnt practice.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by wisdomkid: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2018
This website (nounportal ) published this news since 2017, and many in facebook group called it scam.. Are they way ahead or just plainly dreaming?
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by olawale780: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2018
BluntBoy:
The government does not know what it is getting into.

That is more money to throw away.
More money to throw away? where d work dey for this country even they don't allow them to serve, and they have opportunity to get something from Federal government and u are against it? We should take whatever the government give us since we are all coward to fight for our right as a youth...... Revolution is the way out bro
A government that misappropriate funds and u tell me he has immunity not to b prob. Is that not scam?
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by BluntBoy(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2018
olawale780:
More money to throw away? where d work dey for this country even they don't allow them to serve, and they have opportunity to get something from Federal government and u are against it? We should take whatever the government give us since we are all coward to fight for our right as a youth...... Revolution is the way out bro
A government that misappropriate funds and u tell me he has immunity not to b prob. Is that not scam?

But it is not fair.

Very soon, other distant learners will want same and the government will be unable to deal with the population.

As it is, they can't even pay Corps members well and yet they want to start including graduates of an open university.

I am just being practical.

Graduates of NOUN should not be allowed to serve.
Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by ComzyB(f): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2018
BluntBoy:

But it is not fair.

Very soon, other distant learners will want same and the government will be unable to deal with the population.

As it is, they can't even pay Corps members well and yet they want to start including graduates of an open university.

I am just being practical.

Graduates of NOUN should not be allowed to serve.
Are you alright??

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC by achiever1991: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Okay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi To Commission World Class Medical University In Ebonyi (photos) / Law Lecturer Pulls An April Fool Prank Test On His Students In UNICAL / What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.