Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? (3406 Views)

Gunmen Bomb Imo Police Station, Destroy Vehicles, Buildings; They Used Dynamite / Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai / 10 Reasons Why PDP May Win The Governorship Election In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by docadams: 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

The bolded sounds to me like someone cut their losses after realizing their mistakes. That’s also part of leadership. Some of the things we hold on to as precious may not be worth a penny when they come to the open market, that’s probably how much NNPC would be worth in the near future when crude oil possibly becomes irrelevant.

OBJ wanted to sell off the refineries at some point to Dangote for over $500 Million or so, but Yaradua intervened, how much were they later worth?

Maybe you could elaborate more on what is being sorted out since I heard we’re still making undisclosed subsidy payments and NNPC is still as corrupt as the Nigeria Police

Nobody is against privatization in the true sense of it. At the same time you can't bandy around the mantra that govt cannot run a business successfully as your reason for privatizing. The privatization under Atiku's watch left much to be desired. So many enterprises were involved. Point to the ones that became viable enterprises afterwards
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by socialmediaman: 5:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
docadams:

Nobody is against privatization in the true sense of it. At the same time you can't bandy around the mantra that govt cannot run a business successfully as your reason for privatizing. The privatization under Atiku's watch left much to be desired. So many enterprises were involved. Point to the ones that became viable enterprises afterwards

You have your answer right there, the telecom industry. FG no longer budgets billions of dollars each year to provide telephone and mobile services to Nigerians, they’re rather making the billions in revenue from taxes.

FG cannot run a successful business in Nigeria, that’s more than enough reason to privatize.

The masses here have all to gain from this. It’s difficult to accept but that’s the way forward in my opinion.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by docadams: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

You have your answer right there, the telecom industry. FG no longer budgets billions of dollars each year to provide telephone and mobile services to Nigerians, they’re rather making the billions in revenue from taxes.

FG cannot run a successful business in Nigeria, that’s more than enough reason to privatize.

The masses here have all to gain from this. It’s difficult to accept but that’s the way forward in my opinion.

You are entitled to hope for an Atiku presidency. Hope it shall remain.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by netpro(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

Does it really matter when he does it if it should’ve happened long time ago? Sounds like Buhari’s status of quo is a better option for you?

What are we really afraid of? Or maybe APC propaganda is working its magic on us?

Buhari is talking about:
- Diversification, seeking other avenues to generate revenues to complement what we earn from the Oil Sector (like Agric, etc).
- Social investment programmes that create employments and provide seed money for Nigerians who wants to do business.
- Improve the ease of doing business in order to encourage new Startups and strengthen existing businesses.
- Block loopholes so corrupt politicians will not find it easy to loot public funds.
- Ensure credibility in public services, so that the little resources available will be properly utilized.
- Save up so that our Economy will have the Backbone it needs to soldier on to greatness.
- Prosecute offenders to serve as deterrent and bring accountability.
- Recover looted funds that were senselessly fissile away from the treasury.
- Encourage Nigerians to work hard so we can all have a better future ahead.

And Atiku care about is How to sell NNPC and National Assets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by socialmediaman: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
netpro:

Buhari is talking about:
- Diversification, seeking other avenues to generate revenues to complement what we earn from the Oil Sector (like Agric, etc).
- Social investment programmes that create employments and provide seed money for Nigerians who wants to do business.
- Improve the ease of doing business in order to encourage new Startups and strengthen existing businesses.
- Block loopholes so corrupt politicians will not find it easy to loot public funds.
- Ensure credibility in public services, so that the little resources available will be properly utilized.
- Save up so that our Economy will have the Backbone it needs to soldier on to greatness.
- Prosecute offenders to serve as deterrent and bring accountability.
- Recover looted funds that were senselessly fissile away from the treasury.
- Encourage Nigerians to work hard so we can all have a better future ahead.

And Atiku care about is How to sell NNPC and National Assets?

Yawns! Buhari can keep talking about these in Daura, when he’s ready for action he may apply again for consideration. People who are ready for action are asking for a chance

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by rhidollah(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

Private Telecom companies are taxed in the same manner, are you paying ridiculously high communication prices? Well managed privatization brings competition, growth, jobs, and finally lower prices in many instances. What matters here is proper regulation of the industry.
are u sure about that, MTN was given ten years free tax by the obasanjo administration.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by socialmediaman: 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
rhidollah:

are u sure about that, MTN was given ten years free tax by the obasanjo administration.

After paying over $285 Million for license. The Ten year tax free ended many years ago by the way
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by asfrank(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

After paying over $285 Million for license. The Ten year tax free ended many years ago by the way

Brother it seems u are buying this privatization story very well. so please just open this link and be patient enough to read through it, you will discover how Obj nd Atiku made mockery of the privatization process. they sold dis country cheap.... just read it, I am nt in anyway advising u not to vote ur choice bt it's an eye opener..

http://www.saharareporters.com/2007/09/26/privatization-scams-objs-era

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by netpro(m): 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
PDP has ran out of ideas. They now resort to mockery to get by.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by socialmediaman: 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
MalcoImX:

Motive is paramount for most of us. That's why the "Why?" keeps cropping up here.

Saraki, you'll agree with me is one of the craftiest fellows that this administration has had to deal with. Anything from him needs to be looked at about 20 times - and with a magnifying glass.

You mean anything from NASS? because as far as i know, Saraki does not dictate for every member of the senate. There's a voting process before the house approves a bill
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by MalcoImX: 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2018
socialmediaman:

You mean anything from NASS? because as far as i know, Saraki does not dictate for every member of the senate. There's a voting process before the house approves a bill
Tell me one thing that is right with this Saraki-led Senate. Even the members of the Senate are punished and expelled for criticizing or opposing him. Dino is his thug and bad carrier to Saraki's wife. Committee head members are his boys. He got to be the SP through scheming and anti-party activities and had worked against the government and his party all through. He undermines the VP and the president, thinking that would further his ambition to rule the country, but it seems the result is the direct opposite of what he hoped.

Just tell me one good thing about his leadership.

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by san316(m): 12:22am On Dec 09, 2018
id911:

It's funny how the so-called educated people are against what will make our electoral process transparent. I can't believe I'm in the same country with these people. Funny enough, these people would go to church on Sundays or Mosques on Fridays... Spits on you all that are against such a nice bill!

GEJ prides himself to have conducted a free and fair election? Is it not thesame electoral laws he signed.

And you and I know that the amendment is just a strategy by saraki and his cohorts to gain advantage over PMB. Who would see something that is against his interest and still go ahead to accept it? That would prove buhari a dullard. Even for the singular reason that only PDP and their apologists are pushing for the law, I wouldn't sign it.

Why are u bothered about a matter that affects only politicians? Why are they not putting pressure on PMB to approve the minimum wage that affects the masses. Let them continue playing their games while we watch.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by socialmediaman: 1:56am On Dec 09, 2018
MalcoImX:
Tell me one thing that is right with this Saraki-led Senate. Even the members of the Senate are punished and expelled for criticizing or opposing him. Dino is his thug and bad carrier to Saraki's wife. Committee head members are his boys. He got to be the SP through scheming and anti-party activities and had worked against the government and his party all through. He undermines the VP and the president, thinking that would further his ambition to rule the country, but it seems the result is the direct opposite of what he hoped.

Just tell me one good thing about his leadership.

A country where smart people are detested while not-so-smart people are revered! I wonder how those not-so-smart leaders compete globally in a world full of scheming and smart world leaders. Okay o

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 09, 2018
monkautos:
Oga please just help us shut up.. You seem not to have read the bill.. The bill centre's on the inclusion of Card readers in the constitution. The bill in particular will make our electoral process transparent in the future..
Nigerians want to grow. You and your APC cannot keep us in the dark my man.
Maybe because things are well for you, you don't want to consider the plight of others.
We need liberation abeg

But you ediots didn't see the law to amend in your wasted 16 years rule. Awon eleribu
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by MalcoImX: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2018
socialmediaman:

A country where smart people are detested while not-so-smart people are revered! I wonder how those not-so-smart leaders compete globally in a world full of scheming and smart world leaders. Okay o
Schemer are not-so-smart but frauds and scams. We're talking of well grounded base built on integrity and trust. That will always trounce scheming. You can scheme all you want but unlike integrity it won't go far. And, in the end, you'll fall.

We don't follow Buhari because he is a schemer. If those were the reasons he wouldn't have gone this far and would have lost us since.

Maybe I tell the secret, and if you can have it you too would have 100% loyal base. Many of you may not see it or even argue with it, but it is the only thing that keeps him going.

It is TRUST.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by netpro(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
With PDP unable to push this Bill into Law, the chances of Atiku just got slimmer. grin grin grin
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by baganas: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
id911:

It's funny how the so-called educated people are against what will make our electoral process transparent. I can't believe I'm in the same country with these people. Funny enough, these people would go to church on Sundays or Mosques on Fridays... Spits on you all that are against such a nice bill!
pls summarize the content of the amended bill and let's make an informed opinion otherwise don't blame us. Count and announce is replaced with just announce while party merging must be completed 90 days to election is replaced with 21 days to election and then electronic voting be use for this election which is barely two months to go. This are some of the amendment. Can't see my interest in this. But if there is something we need to know pls share
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by netpro(m): 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
baganas:
pls summarize the content of the amended bill and let's make an informed opinion otherwise don't blame us. Count and announce is replaced with just announce while party merging must be completed 90 days to election is replaced with 21 days to election and then electronic voting be use for this election which is barely two months to go. This are some of the amendment. Can't see my interest in this. But if there is something we need to know pls share

Exactly. They are pushing for it so that votes cast for all the mushroom parties he is buying will be counted for him.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by Yyeske(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Woww, really learnt a lot from this thread and kudos to you guys.
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by netpro(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2018
Yyeske:
Woww, really learnt a lot from this thread and kudos to you guys.

We salute you sir. Wishing you the very best, cheers!
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by adekolaelect(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
socialmediaman:

The question is, how is this Buhari’s problem? When did Buhari become the judiciary? So every business prtnership or government process that started many years ago must wait to be completed before a new law comes into place?

So let’s say for instance, Abortion law intends to be changed from Illegal to legal, so FG should first wait for those who were convicted of it when it was crime, to finish serving their sentence, before making it legal? When did such become the problem of the presidency?
you are defending undefendable
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by adekolaelect(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
socialmediaman:

The question is, how is this Buhari’s problem? When did Buhari become the judiciary? So every business prtnership or government process that started many years ago must wait to be completed before a new law comes into place?

So let’s say for instance, Abortion law intends to be changed from Illegal to legal, so FG should first wait for those who were convicted of it when it was crime, to finish serving their sentence, before making it legal? When did such become the problem of the presidency?
humm you are defending undefendable
Re: Opinion: Why Pdp's Suddenly Distaste For The Electoral Laws They Used? by shugabasbn: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
As far as am concerned any bills passed by Saraki lead NASS is a big trap for APC. It is left to them to open their eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Must Not Attack Herdsmen - Buhari Warns Nigerians / United States Of Biafra: Asari Dokubo Urges Niger Deltans To Join South-east, Sl / See What Twitter People Are Saying About Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.