Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai (28017 Views)

Open Grazing: Southern Governors' Position is A Gang Up Against The North' - Ya / Open Grazing: Southern Govs Position Mere Declaration Of Intent - Itse Sagay / Court Affirms Right Of States To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Insecurity(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
Southern Governors Passed Anti-Open Grazing Laws They Know Cannot Be Implemented—Governor El-Rufai

He, then, cautioned them not to deploy much energy on the laws, adding that it would take time for it to materialise.

The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that it is difficult to execute the Anti-Open Grazing laws which his counterparts in the Southern part of Nigeria have passed to curb insecurity in the region. 

He, then, cautioned them not to deploy much energy on the laws, adding that it would take time for it to materialise.

Speaking during a visit to the headquarters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday, El-Rufai revealed that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has backed his state with N7.5 billion out of the N10 billion required to build a ranch.

He also disclosed that since there are over 14 grazing reserves in Kaduna State, he would be glad if the Nigerian Government can support his state with N140 billion to develop the grazing reserves.

According to El-Rufai, it is needless for the Southern states' governors to politicise grazing rights and pass laws they know cannot be implemented.

Speaking on the anti-open grazing laws, he noted, "The northern state governors forum has already taken a position that open grazing is not a sustainable way of livestock production. And we must move towards ranching.

"But moving towards ranching cannot be done overnight. We have to have a plan, we have to have resources and we have to implement it sensibly. It is not a matter of populist legislation or saying tomorrow this or that. It is not a solution.

"We have taken a position as northern state governors and we are implementing that.

"And in my state, for instance, we are developing a huge ranch to centralise the herders. And that is the solution, a long time. But can it be done overnight? No.

"This project we are doing will cost us about N10 billion. The CBN is supporting us with about N7.5 billion. And it will take about two years to do. We will be settling about 1,500 Fulani herder families.

"And I hope that they will see that there are alternative ways of producing livestock instead of running up and down with cattle going to people’s farms to cause all kinds of problems. We want to solve the problem.

"What is unhelpful is to politicise the situation and pass legislation that you know that you cannot implement. So, we have taken a position and we are working round the clock to implement that position.

"And these herders emanate from the north and we are going to centralise them. We cannot do it overnight. We need billions of naira. This is just one ranch that is causing 10 billion. I have 14 grazing reserves in Kaduna State and I will like to convert them into ranching. Do I have 14 times 10 billion naira? I don’t have.

"If the Federal Government will give me N140 billion, I will convert the other 13 into ranches and make sure that nobody comes out with a cow or sheep in Kaduna State because I will have enough ranches to take care of everybody. That is the solution. You can legislate but let us wait and see. And I wish them the best of luck."

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/21/southern-governors-passed-anti-open-grazing-laws-they-know-cannot-be-implemented%E2%80%94governor

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Xscape1993(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2021
It is well. I am always scare of short people. I don't know why.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by chatinent: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Damn
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mouthofThegod: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
I don't care if they can be implemented or not but I know that a strong statement has been passed to the North whether you like it or not.

Nobody get monopoly of madness for this country

And looking at the way things are playing out right now,the madness that has engrossed the South lately is just getting started.

If you want to Lord over NIGERIA because you be Fulani,get ready for your boko republic.

408 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Emergingnation(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cos the security agencies that ought to carry out the enforcement are being control by the Fulani's...

257 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by kollinzgee(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2021
angry
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Dapson73(m): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
You must be an idiot for saying it's not enforceable now until your terrorist Fulani killed everyone down south. You will now know that Southern governor's will implement the law with immediate effect.
Like Federal government like Kaduna government. God forbids this man to rule this country, he will be worst than Buhari.

251 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Cashio(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Emergingnation:
The problem I am seeing is enforcement, because the Fulani's are in charge of security agencies...

whether the law is enforced or north, it is obvious that no Fulani bastard will come to the streets of major towns in the south east with cows and go free.
It has been several months since I last saw any Fulani animal with his brother cows on the streets of awka especially

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by mcbreeze: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is a big question Southern Governors has not answered. How are they going to implement it? Not just passing anti-open gracing bill.

Fulani herdsmen dare them in Enugu when they were having meetings. Despite banning they pass through State assembly complex

14 Likes

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by baconline(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
The regional security outfits will implement it!!!

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by saaron(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
State or regional security forces of Southern Nigeria will be the executors of Anti open grazing laws in the South.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Lanretoye(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
When you people are doing your sharia law,and hisba police,it can be implemented but when the south make their own law,it can not be implemented. Clowns.

226 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by LLiKYekoba: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
Na yoruba cause all these see finish. If they had been sensible in 2015, these marauding foolanis would have been kept permanently in their place as immigrant settlers in this country.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by ayzTIGER: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
Army in their hand, police in their hand, all armed forces in their hand so who will enforce it? a low budget security outfit carrying pump action against a global terrorist group armed to the teeth with AK. Even some foolish Southerners are against ESN that have shown the will to match madness with madness.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Praxis758: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Tell one herder to graze openly in Ondo state and see that Aketi is not joking.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Phiniter(m): 5:05am On Sep 22, 2021
we know
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Pidginwhisper: 5:06am On Sep 22, 2021
LLiKYekoba:
Na yoruba cause all these see finish. If they had been sensible in 2015, these marauding foolanis would have been kept permanently in their place as immigrant settlers in this county.
Everybody have moved while people like you are still shouting “Yoruba” upanddown. Had Atiku who had and still have the supports of SE won do you think he would’ve done differently? Someone who hasn’t even come out once to condemn fulani’s atrocities.I guess you would have blamed Yoruba as well. Last last all of una go get sense for South. 2yrs time many of you will still join the queue to Vote for either of the Northerners that will be present by the 2 parties and the blame game go start all over again. Anyways na person wey get Voters card dey vote.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Babandia27: 5:06am On Sep 22, 2021
He'll Rufai, please leave us alone. Just watch and see if it's possible.
The God I worship will make it possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by crossfm: 5:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Hehehe.

The northern oligarchy are becoming bolder day by day,because they know most of the southern Governors has no balls. They can't take any bold decisions until their master's in the north direct them.

Shameless, incompetent and confused group of leaders everywhere in the south,most especially South East.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by SpatialKing(m): 5:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Is getting interesting
Yet they passed Hisbah law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by BKayy: 5:07am On Sep 22, 2021
I told you guys.
Remember I told y'all that the reason Miyetti Allah and the Northern Cabal are silent is because they know that all of you southern Ignoramuses lack the Capacity to enforce the Anti grazing bill.
What if you apprehend a defaulter, what are you going to do?
Who will apprehend him in the first place?
Who is at the top of the security outfit enforcing the ban?

These are simple questions that will guide you through the Blue film we are all about to witness.
They will release pictures where they will catch Herdsmen and also where they will auction their cows but don't be deceived, all those are Stunts. They lack the Capacity to do shit until power is decentralised from Buhari's Bedroom.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by stano2(m): 5:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Truth and daring
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by God1000(m): 5:07am On Sep 22, 2021
This El rufai is so unstable and unpredictable with his hocus Pocus

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Cantonese: 5:08am On Sep 22, 2021
Nonsense man. A sadist, complete tribalist and religious bigot. He admitted to have settled external Fulani groups who flooded the forests with billions and have now refused to go back to their original locations. All of them agreed that the pretentious jihadists were imported to cause havoc incase their brother lost the election in 2015.

Prior to 2015, herdsmen never bore AK47s while grazing their cows. Their impunity is backed by their leaders who say one thing in the day and another in the night.

When Buba Marwa chased them away from marine beach, Apapa, in 1996 to the present abattoir in Lagos, after a 7 day ultimatum no one cried. Now that they have made killing, kidnapping, raping and destruction their hobby, El Rufai thinks his fellow governors in the south should watch and keep quiet. We have laws in place, its implementation is not his business. His business now is to tell his tribesmen to keep away from the roads and cities with their cows. His business now is to fund as many as he can from his personal resources to establish ranches. His concern now should be how to get fellow Fulani wealthy individuals to provide their people with funds to get ranches. That is the way to peace. Holding on to political power has in no way helped them to live better lives as it appears.

It further shows that the statement by miyetti Allah that they will not obey is backed by certain northern forces who give them the courage to carry out their terrorists acts. If we say the killing and seizing of lands by the Fulanis in southern Kaduna has the backing of state powers, who will dispute it?

If an educated person like this governor can tell us that grazing is the best practice in his state, then there is a big problem. What will it take to purchase lands even inside the forests where they hide to perpetrate their evil? How is it rocket science, quoting Fashola, for them to get grasses to feed their cows in ranches? That there is an attempt to colonize other cities, tribes and people is very evident in the decision of the northern governors against ranching.

Practice makes perfect, as they say. When we heard words like "an attack against boko haram is an attack against the north". If we juxtapose that with what is presently happening can we say honestly that these terrorists are not backed by people in positions of power?

At this rate, is it not better to go our separate ways?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by IdJack(m): 5:08am On Sep 22, 2021
Hmmm.. They will shock you guys one day.

Kindly check my signature for your business ideas and updates

1 Like

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by whirlwind7(m): 5:10am On Sep 22, 2021
Huh..
"If the FG will give me 140 billion..."
This is money he wishes to channel into private individuals' businesses. Like, is it a taboo for cattle businessmen to acquire land and build ranches for their own cattle?
The FG has to forcefully grab lands on their behalf, and allow them be nuisances over lives and properties of citizens.

North doesn't want progress, and it prefers we all get thrown back into the stone ages along with them.
Their schools are getting shit down from state to state. Signs of their ambitions.

Only truth El Rufai said here is about southern govs not having the to implement the anti open grazing bills.
See how the story would have been different if SE govs fully backed ESN legally and financially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by hisexcellency34: 5:10am On Sep 22, 2021
Even their resolution that all political parties must field a southerner in 2023, how will they execute it
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by saferoom: 5:12am On Sep 22, 2021
I dont know why intelligent people when they enter Government start speaking like normal politicians.
El rufai should have known as a QS that Building of ranches in Kaduna state is not a state sponsored venture but a private investment. Why can he put investors together to make it happen?
Now CBN has given him about 7 Billion naira of Tax Payers money. And he is still asking for N140 Billion before he can build just 14 Ranches!!!!
See how they call Billions as if it is thousands.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Dozie32(m): 5:12am On Sep 22, 2021
Hell Rufai the lunatic governor, seconded by Hope Uzodinma and Okezie Victor of nde Abia..
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Caseless: 5:13am On Sep 22, 2021
He's right though. It's one thing to legislate, and it's another to implement. We know some of the governors are just playing to the gallery.

You'd want to ask, can they really implement anything in Nigeria? No!

But it's good they acted like they did. Maybe it will help others to situp like El-rufai is doing.

We should build a wall and prevent foreigners from coming in with cows and weapons.
Re: Anti-Open Grazing: Southern Governors Passed laws They can't Execute - El-Rufai by Bigchristo: 5:13am On Sep 22, 2021
Insecurity:
Southern Governors Passed Anti-Open Grazing Laws They Know Cannot Be Implemented—Governor El-Rufai

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/21/southern-governors-passed-anti-open-grazing-laws-they-know-cannot-be-implemented%E2%80%94governor
All Nigeria politicians and people in government are misplaced priorities, this modern age where countries are advancing in Nuclear technologies and other major infrastructure these fools are spending almost 8yrs of their time in office deliberating on cow and ranching business that is supposed to be personal owned business, of what benefits is ranching and cattle rearing business is to the federation where CBN is spending over 7 billion to build ranch for them? Last time I checked we are borrowing to finance projects, so these are the projects? I am done with this country

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice Walter Onnoghen, The New Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Orji Uzor Kalu Denied Bail / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Fault Social Investment Programme Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.