Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:24 PM

Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? (16070 Views)

I Hope We Appreciate Goodluck Now - Toke Makinwa On Nigeria's Election / Alleged Photos Of Toke Makinwa On A Lunch Date With Ex-husband Maje Ayida Surfac / Toke Makinwa On Set With Chigul And Charles Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
Acecube:
You are always having a day left... Every day you edit your broadcast to carry a new date undecided

Been noticing that but did not want to be too forward

U keep having a day left everyday.. that one day left never reach

Oya WRola wat av u got to say
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by Toks2008(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
patani:
Nigerians and arrogance is like 5&6 shior!

Toke Makinwa inspired Michele Obama

Are you listening to yourself at all?

But of it is the other way round I guess it is cool.
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
Lol
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by safarigirl(f): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
mrrights:

Listen to the advise and you will be a much better person. Certainly, your reasoning depict someone with not only inferiority complex, but but outright lack of self consciousness.

I doubt if you even know who you are. I don't mean knowing just your name, but knowing a little about your history.

Learn...We are all learning.

Meanwhile, Michelle Obama is not in anyway better than you ,Toke or anyone. Whether she read Toke's book or not doesn't matter, she could have and could have not. It's not a big deal.

nobody knows Toke outside of Africa.

Michelle has certainly never heard of Toke or her book for her to be inspired by her.

'Becoming' is a word in the dictionary. 'Becoming' has been used severally as both book titles and movie titles. I think it's more logical to assume Michelle was inspired by the hundreds of American movies titled "Becoming...... " or books with a similar title than assuming Toke inspired her.

This is how one of you took her arrogant self to social media to erroneously call out Nora Roberts and received the international shame she was begging for when the respected novelist, respectfully put her in her place.

When a Nigerian actually inspires something, we will note it. This is not one of such times, but it is great that your self esteem is top notch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by Ugosample(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
Timil:

Whats the big deal if Toke Makinwa inspires Michelle Obama.

Africans especially Nigerian's have a bigger inferiority complex that they now see the western man or the western woman as a God who is better than them. Nonsense!

I don't know why you folks are always feeling inferior to the westerners just look at this eediott who believes a African can't inspire Michelle obama, who the fucckk is Michelle obama??.

If not for her husband who would have known Michelle Obama??

The westerners have a better environment, they are living a good and comfortable life than us I don't dispute that but when you start to feel inferior to them, when you start to treat them like they are some God is what i'm against.

They are no way better than us as individuals in fact they are individuals backed by a working system, conducive environment and good leaders, if African's also have this opportunity I believe many African will succeed even better than the westerners.

Stop treating them like they some God they aint any God they are just like you.

On what basis will Toke, inspire Michelle?

do you even know what you are saying?
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by Ugosample(m): 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
Timil:

Whats the big deal if Toke Makinwa inspires Michelle Obama.

Africans especially Nigerian's have a bigger inferiority complex that they now see the western man or the western woman as a God who is better than them. Nonsense!

I don't know why you folks are always feeling inferior to the westerners just look at this eediott who believes a African can't inspire Michelle obama, who the fucckk is Michelle obama??.

If not for her husband who would have known Michelle Obama??

The westerners have a better environment, they are living a good and comfortable life than us I don't dispute that but when you start to feel inferior to them, when you start to treat them like they are some God is what i'm against.

They are no way better than us as individuals in fact they are individuals backed by a working system, conducive environment and good leaders, if African's also have this opportunity I believe many African will succeed even better than the westerners.

Stop treating them like they some God they aint any God they are just like you.

what are you even saying sef?
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by Ugosample(m): 12:11am On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:

What do you mean by not intellectually match? What made one more intellectually superior than the other?

Is it that you have designed an equipment to test intellectually superiority and you have applied it on both women or that being a wife to a president has suddenly made someone more intellectually superior than the other?

Oga, you have a problem you need to deal with. It's called brainwash. You have been brainwashed and conditioned to reason like an inferior being.

You need to break the box. Yes, you can do it. Free your mind from that bondage

undecided
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:
nobody knows Toke outside of Africa.

Michelle has certainly never heard of Toke or her book for her to be inspired by her.

'Becoming' is a word in the dictionary. 'Becoming' has been used severally as both book titles and movie titles. I think it's more logical to assume Michelle was inspired by the hundreds of American movies titled "Becoming...... " or books with a similar title than assuming Toke inspired her.

This is how one of you took her arrogant self to social media to erroneously call out Nora Roberts and received the international shame she was begging for when the respected novelist, respectfully put her in her place.

When a Nigerian actually inspires something, we will note it. This is not one of such times, but it is great that your self esteem is top notch

Nigeria is known all over the world. If you are known in Nigeria, you are known all over the world. If you are a celebrity in Nigeria, you are a global celebrity.

You don't know Michelle Obama. Yet, you think she doesn't know Toke nor read her book. That is what's inferiority complex makes one do. My sister, you need help to free yourself from the bondage of your mind.

Whether or not Toke inspired Michelle is not the case. Ofcourse, it could be true that Toke inspired her and it could also not be true

But get this clear. If you are known in Nigeria, if you are reported in Nigerian media, anyone in the world could know you.

Just the few reports about Olajumoke by Nigerian media few years ago got her global attention.

So, fix your mindset. It's very important
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by safarigirl(f): 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:

Nigeria is known all over the world. If you are known in Nigeria, you are known all over the world. If you are a celebrity in Nigeria, you are a global celebrity.

You don't know Michelle Obama. Yet, you think she doesn't know Toke nor read her book. That is what's inferiority complex makes one do. My sister, you need help to free yourself from the bondage of your mind.

Whether or not Toke inspired Michelle is not the case. Ofcourse, it could be true that Toke inspired her and it could also not be true

But get this clear. If you are known in Nigeria, if you are reported in Nigerian media, anyone in the world could know you.

Just the few reports about Olajumoke by Nigerian media few years ago got her global attention.

So, fix your mindset. It's very important

stop lying to yourself and stop overrating yourself. Nigeria is known all over the world for criminality.

China is known all over the world, but how many popular Chinese actors do you know? I mean, those in their movie industry, not those who are in Hollywood

A few years ago, Basketmouth was on the streets of New York, asking white New Yorkers if they knew some Nigerian artistes. He mentioned Tu Face, D'banj and -Square and none of these people knew these guys. This was after African Queen, Oliver Twist and Chop My Money, I am talking as early as 2015 or so, so, if those average Americans weren't familiar, how much more a nobody like Toke?

You better come out of that bubble that gives you a false sense of importance. Nigeria may be known for criminality, a few people outside the continent may be familiar with some popular dance steps here and a few footballers, but just because someone is famous in Nigeria, does not mean they are known all over the world.

Even John Boyega that is Nigerian did not know Toke Makinwa, is it Michelle that will know her?

You are obviously living in a fantasy world and attach far too much relevance to yourself for a third world country and the poverty capital of the world

4 Likes

Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by patani(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:
stop lying to yourself and stop overrating yourself. Nigeria is known all over the world for criminality.

China is known all over the world, but how many popular Chinese actors do you know? I mean, those in their movie industry, not those who are in Hollywood

A few years ago, Basketmouth was on the streets of New York, asking white New Yorkers if they knew some Nigerian artistes. He mentioned Tu Face, D'banj and -Square and none of these people knew these guys. This was after African Queen, Oliver Twist and Chop My Money, I am talking as early as 2015 or so, so, if those average Americans weren't familiar, how much more a nobody like Toke?

You better come out of that bubble that gives you a false sense of importance. Nigeria may be known for criminality, a few people outside the continent may be familiar with some popular dance steps here and a few footballers, but just because someone is famous in Nigeria, does not mean they are known all over the world.

Even John Boyega that is Nigerian did not know Toke Makinwa, is it Michelle that will know her?

You are obviously living in a fantasy world and attach far too much relevance to yourself for a third world country and the poverty capital of the world

Thanks for being factual in your writeup. Its very easy to know people who are exposed and have traveled out of Nigeria. Nigerians who have never traveled or lived outside Nigeria have these false self image that also affect how they choose their leaders.

Toke Makinwa inspire a Harvard Law School graduate who has traveled on Diplomatic protocol to all continents in the world, interacted with all the world leaders at one point or the other, given speeches and symposiums that shook the world...Haba.

Self delusion is a sickness I swear...Mention Nigeria to anyone outside Nigeria..The first thing that come to their mind is fraud and INTERNET scam.
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:

To be honest with you, I sympathise with you. I do not mean this in a negative way.

Recently, after Pusha T and Drake had some rap beef, an online station went to the street to ask some veterans who they are with among the two guys. Surprisingly, all the people he met said they don't know who Drake or Pusha T are. They are Older people who have lived all their life in America.

The same platform did the same for Nicki Minaj and Cardi B. These people don't know both ladies.

If we should use your logic, Americans don't know Drake and Pusha T. They also don't know Nicki and Cardi.

You see, no matter how inferior you feel, Nigeria is a global country known across the world and we have one of the most vibrant media. Yes, you may be correct that not all our celebrities are known in the world, but you cannot take away the fact that our celebrities can be known across the world.

I know your problem. You feel that your country people are too inferior to influence the world, but get this right, people of this part of the world have been shaping the world long before the modern state and they are still doing that today. They will continue to do that forever.

Get out of your inferiority complex.

Sure, we are important. We don't just feel important, we are important. In fact, Nigeria will always be importanter. No matter how inferior you think you are, Nigeria will always be important.

Live with it.
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
patani:

Thanks for being factual in your writeup. Its very easy to know people who are exposed and have traveled out of Nigeria. Nigerians who have never traveled or lived outside Nigeria have these false self image that also affect how they choose their leaders.

Toke Makinwa inspire a Harvard Law School graduate who has traveled on Diplomatic protocol to all continents in the world, interacted with all the world leaders at one point or the other, given speeches and symposiums that shook the world...Haba.

Self delusion is a sickness I swear...Mention Nigeria to anyone outside Nigeria..The first thing that come to their mind is fraud and INTERNET scam.

How many countries have you been to?

I can guess. One or two.

It's easy to spot people who mistakenly travelled out to few countries. They easily flount their visit abroad as if it makes any meaning.

My friend, some of us have been to a number of countries you may never go in life.

If you have any meaningful thing to say, say it. Mentioning that you have travelled abroad doesn't make you any sensible.

What's the big deal about attending Havard that Toke Makinwa can't inspire them? Do you know how many people I know from that school?

Even Mummy Adenike who never went to any institution had lectured in Havard.

She is a global celebrated art creator from Osogbo here.

Get this straight. Whether you are Obama, or Theresa, A Nigerian can inspire you, even without leaving Akure.
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by patani(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
mrrights:

I can guess. One or two.

It's easy to spot people who mistakenly travelled out to few countries. They easily flount their visit abroad as if it makes any meaning.

My friend, some of us have been to a number of countries you may never go in life.

If you have any meaningful thing to say, say it. Mentioning that you have travelled abroad doesn't make you any sensible.

What's the big deal about attending Havard that Toke Makinwa can't inspire them? Do you know how many people I know from that school?

Get this straight. Whether you are Obama, or Theresa, A Nigerian can inspire you, even without leaving Akure.

Ok I hear you..I av only been to one country sir. Emabinu
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
cool
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by patani(m): 6:55am On Dec 10, 2018
mrrights:

I can guess. One or two.

My sincere apologies to this Oshogbo boy���
Re: Did Toke Makinwa’s ‘’on Becoming’’ Inspired Michelle Obama’s ‘’becoming’’? by mrrights: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2018
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wilfred Mong, DsilentG, Marries Uchena In Anambra - PHOTOS / MC Galaxy Subtly Shades Soundcity Over Awards / Igodye Welcomes Newborn Baby Girl (Daughter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.