Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group (344 Views)

Atiku At His Briefing With United States Institute Of Peace- Pictures / 2019:fayose Receives Atiku At Akure Airport For Southwest Pdp Campaign(photos) / Obasanjo Hilariously Endorsed Atiku At Jonathan's Book Launch (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group by Modarun(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
A coalition of civil society groups under the aegis of the Forum of Non-Governmental Organisations in Nigeria, on Wednesday, confirmed that it had received a police permit prior to its protest at the US embassy in Abuja, urging the United States not to grant former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar a visa.
The National Convener of the forum, Wole Badmus, in a telephone interview , described the protest as peaceful.
Badmus also denied claims that the groups did not obtain a police permit before embarking on a protest against Atiku, who is also the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election.
The activist stated, “I got one (police permit), of course. If I didn’t get it, why would I be allowed (to protest)? Who is creating that devilish, satanic and injurious news for you people? I have a copy of the permit with me.”
Asked when he obtained the permit, he said, “Is it (important) when I got it? Is there a law that says ‘this is when you should get it’? I got the police permit before today.”
Last week, the convener of a non-governmental organisation, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju, and two others, Daniel Abobama and Boma Williams, were arrested for leading a protest to the Force headquarters, Abuja against alleged partisanship by the police for sealing the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly.
The accused persons were quickly arraigned in Karshi Magistrates’ Court, Abuja and remanded in Keffi prisons, Nasarawa State.
The men were charged with criminal conspiracy, public nuisance, disturbance of public peace, and threat to public security and safety, criminal defamatory and derogatory conduct against constituted authority and breach of law and order under sections 96, 113, 114, 152, 183 and 391 of the Penal Code.
Following their release on Monday, Adeyanju was again remanded in prison custody by a Wuse II Magistrates’ Court, Abuja, on Tuesday, following his arraignment on charges of cyber-stalking, inciting disturbance and criminal defamation by the police.
Re: Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group by Ballotti: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Please, go ahead.
It is your PAID right to do so! cheesy

Every interest group has FREE-PAID rights! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqi9B67QFFI
Re: Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group by Racoon(m): 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Oh! So the Nigerian police force granted you guys the permit to embark on that paid protest.The APC government have really bastardized this country.

It will only take a Buharideen/Buharimaniac to go on a needless protest in US Embassy to disgrace yourselves & country on a day the country is shut down for the burial of its former president.
Re: Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group by annnikky(f): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
Why won't police give them go ahead when they has already turn to buharideens buh will arrest adeyanju for protesting against their involvement in politics... Mitchewwwww undecided

(1) (Reply)

2019: Real Reason Akpabio, Obanikoro Dumped PDP — Sule Lamido / Anti-corruption Award: Bola Tinubu Lauds Nuhu Ribadu / I Have Only Been To Gbagada Hospital To Help The Needy Says Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.