Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen (49327 Views)

Sunday Igboho's Bank Accounts Frozen, Rejects Award By Yoruba Youths / Why DSS Ordered #EndSARS Promoters’ Bank Accounts Frozen - THEWILL / EndSARS: Rinu, Pamilerin, Gatefield's Bank Accounts Frozen By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Krak(m): 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
ba7man:
I doubt this news. PDP has been crying "Wolf" a lot lately.
If it's true, that means some 2015 election money is in the account.

I dont believe this unfounded rumour. I reserve my comment until the truth comes out.
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by filitech070: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
Pdp with their lie, ...They said rice was 9000 when APC took over,
They forget it was 2500 when PDP took over.
They said Petrol was 87 when APC took over.
They forget it was 11 when PDP took over.

They said dollar was 190 when APC took over,
they forget it was 12dollars to Niara when PDP took over.....They said cement was 2000 when APC took over,
They forget it was 400 when PDP takeover.

They spent 16 years destroying Nigeria but holding APC for responsible for 3yrs.
Let us be guided.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by berbs: 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
Why them no freeze Atiku own nah?
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Cityguy: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Very petty and vindictive lot. May God deliver this nation from these principalities holding her destiny.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by berbs: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
These APC pple are desperate ooo

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Emmabraham:
That's good for him

Thief

I hate him with passion

But I won't mind a quicke with his wife

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Enimoney3: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Its a propaganda to get sympathetic vote... It won't work at all. Atiku has never had majority of Nigeria support. Buhari would beat him with large margin. Let wait and see.
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Below is a press statement from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP made available to PoliticsNGR, signed by its national Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan;

"The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organization (PPCO) decries the stoppage of transactions on all accounts belonging to PDP Vice presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, wife, his family members and their businesses by agencies of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Since his nomination, Peter Obi, apart from facing series of failed attempts by the APC to destroy his reputation, has also continued to receive all manners of threats and blackmail, including threats to his life and those of his wife and children.
Having realized that the majority of Nigerians are rallying behind the duo of Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi as the our Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates respectively, the Buhari Presidency and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have resorted to all manners of machinations, including smear campaigns and direct attacks on their persons and business concerns, in a bid to run them down.

The Buhari Presidency is intimidated by Peter Obi’s resume, particularly, his general acceptance as epitome of fiscal responsibility, frugality and transparency in governance.

Otherwise, why is the Presidency on a wild goose chase in investigating Peter Obi, who left office as Governor of Anambra state five years ago with a nationally acclaimed clean record, intact reputation for frugality, transparency, zero tolerance for corruption and leaving behind a huge saving of N75 billion naira in cash and investments; without owing any salaries, pensions, gratuities or even contractors for contracts executed.

The fact remains that the Buhari Presidency and the APC are merely shadow boxing in their attacks on Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, as their records before Nigerians speak for them.

All discerning Nigerians know that the reasons for an investigation on a man like Peter Obi, is a journey to no where aimed to stifle him of funds as well as attempt to distract our campaign and divert attention from the failures of the Buhari administration.
It is ludicrous that President Buhari would continue to condone the looting of our treasuries by his party leaders and the cabal in his Presidency, which even, the First Lady had even alluded to, only to be using government agencies to attempt to blackmail our Presidential and vice Presidential candidates whose reputations stand clear before all Nigerians.

The PPCO reminds President Buhari that neither he nor Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was in 2015, as candidates, harassed, attacked at the airport or subjected to blackmails, and wonder why they are now employing such tactics just because Nigerians have resolved to do away with them, come 2019."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-pdp-vp-candidate-peter-obis-bank-accounts-frozen/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by bejeria101(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
These dullards should keep up the good work,daura is a sure tourist destination.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheGreenLand:
your thief called Jona investigated Tinubu and declared him innocent, discharged and acquitted few years ago.
But, what do kids like you know about Naija politics, apart from just typing trash?
Don't let me waste my time.with you abeg.
He was discharged on a technicality not the corruption allegations.
Where did Tinubu get money to buy a private jet?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
If true, Buhari and his goons have completely gone mad. This is so unthinkable, what manner of government did Nigerians vote in? sad

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by jaxxy(m): 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheGreenLand:
your thief called Jona investigated Tinubu and declared him innocent, discharged and acquitted few years ago.
But, what do kids like you know about Naija politics, apart from just typing trash?
Don't let me waste my time.with you abeg.

U must be a joker. U mean had pity on him? Tinubu shud be thanking Jonathan or why is he afraid of buhari u go know persecution grin

And how about fashola? Let’s not go there cos he performed grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Baroba(m): 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
El Sudani will be sent home to Khartoum next year..

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by poseidon12: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheGreenLand:
.........Accurate investigation should be carried out, if found guilty he should face the consequence , if found non-guilty , he should continue his life.
EFCC, please go on with the good job you are doing, ignore all the wailing zombies, the lovers and supporters of CORRUPTION.
Stealing is NOW corruption!

Your thief called Jona investigated Tinubu and declared him innocent, discharged and acquitted few years ago.
Don't let me waste my time with you abeg.

It's morons like you that keep Nigeria from making progress.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by israelmao(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
Vilification of opposition getting rampant.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by eneyoduke(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hate speech
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
musa234:
What a country we live in.The way we play politics in this country is just so sad and pathetic. Why freeze his account Efcc?. It took five years since obi left office for effc to remember that he has a case. Terrible country we live in.

And who confirmed it that his bank account was actually frozen?
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
Very soon they will froze the life of their supporters

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Pilotdmdod: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheGreenLand:
.........Accurate investigation should be carried out, if found guilty he should face the consequence , if found non-guilty , he should continue his life.
EFCC, please go on with the good job you are doing, ignore all the wailing zombies, the lovers and supporters of CORRUPTION.
It seems you don't understand what Buhari is trying to do.He just wants to destabilize PDP economically.
Your thief called Jona investigated Tinubu and declared him innocent, discharged and acquitted few years ago.
The same thieves are currently in APC under Buhari's care and protection. P.M.B. tends to witchhunt his enemies under the guise of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by BookEditor(m): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
I see
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
Only the guilty are afraid.
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
foeget about politicians empower yourself
NEED A PROFITABLE BUSINESS IDEA? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Kusetic(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
Fake story to garner sympathy votes
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Below is a press statement from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP made available to PoliticsNGR, signed by its national Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan;

"The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organization (PPCO) decries the stoppage of transactions on all accounts belonging to PDP Vice presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, wife, his family members and their businesses by agencies of the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Since his nomination, Peter Obi, apart from facing series of failed attempts by the APC to destroy his reputation, has also continued to receive all manners of threats and blackmail, including threats to his life and those of his wife and children.
Having realized that the majority of Nigerians are rallying behind the duo of Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi as the our Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates respectively, the Buhari Presidency and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have resorted to all manners of machinations, including smear campaigns and direct attacks on their persons and business concerns, in a bid to run them down.

The Buhari Presidency is intimidated by Peter Obi’s resume, particularly, his general acceptance as epitome of fiscal responsibility, frugality and transparency in governance.

Otherwise, why is the Presidency on a wild goose chase in investigating Peter Obi, who left office as Governor of Anambra state five years ago with a nationally acclaimed clean record, intact reputation for frugality, transparency, zero tolerance for corruption and leaving behind a huge saving of N75 billion naira in cash and investments; without owing any salaries, pensions, gratuities or even contractors for contracts executed.

The fact remains that the Buhari Presidency and the APC are merely shadow boxing in their attacks on Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, as their records before Nigerians speak for them.

All discerning Nigerians know that the reasons for an investigation on a man like Peter Obi, is a journey to no where aimed to stifle him of funds as well as attempt to distract our campaign and divert attention from the failures of the Buhari administration.
It is ludicrous that President Buhari would continue to condone the looting of our treasuries by his party leaders and the cabal in his Presidency, which even, the First Lady had even alluded to, only to be using government agencies to attempt to blackmail our Presidential and vice Presidential candidates whose reputations stand clear before all Nigerians.

The PPCO reminds President Buhari that neither he nor Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was in 2015, as candidates, harassed, attacked at the airport or subjected to blackmails, and wonder why they are now employing such tactics just because Nigerians have resolved to do away with them, come 2019."

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-pdp-vp-candidate-peter-obis-bank-accounts-frozen/

Who wrote this rubbish?
So, because Peter Obi is contesting for VP in opposition party, he should be exempted from prosecution if found wanting?

People like this writer should be arrested for inciting the gullible populace against the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2018
APC is a party desperate and clueless individuals.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by FBIL: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
Emmabraham:
That's good for him

Thief

I hate him with passion

But I won't mind a quicke with his wife
Very easy to spot a frustrated boy who has failed in every trial of life. I'm sure your mom's adulterous life brought this curse on you. Sorry!
Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Medunah: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
It is times like this I wish i was patient enough to collect my PVC

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Ugosample(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2018
musa234:
What a country we live in.The way we play politics in this country is just so sad and pathetic. Why freeze his account Efcc?. It took five years since obi left office for effc to remember that he has a case. Terrible country we live in.

terrible country indeed

Using state apparatus to bully those who are not on your side

Animalistic country run by a treacherous dullard

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by crownwealth: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2018
PassingShot:
PDP should spare us the cry cry already. If their VP candidate has used his account to receive slush funds for election purposes, the government will not look the other way just because he’s an opposition candidate.

You will surely face posterity for all these reckless posts here. Wherever you may be, you can’t escape when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Ugosample(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ornament2003:

Who wrote this rubbish?
So, because Peter Obi is contesting for VP in opposition party, he should be exempted from prosecution if found wanting?

People like this writer should be arrested for inciting the gullible populace against the government.

The timing is suspicious

Had it been that he was not VP candidate, will his accounts be frozen, assuming this is true?

What we should condemn is turning state instruments into partisan attack dogs undecided

But we have so many Nigerian who are foolish, who don't see beyond PDP and APC

This does not augur well for democracy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Bank Accounts Frozen by Redstone(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheGreenLand:

You know what efcc did wasn’t right, don’t justify this because it could be you tomorrow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons APC NEC May Sack Oshiomhole, NWC Members On Thursday / Nathaniel Samuel, Suicide Bomber At Winners Chapel: How He Was Arrested (Photos) / The 'Art ICT Center' Dino Melaye Built In Kogi State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.