Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum (8577 Views)

Igbo Fought Civil War Out Of Sentiment, Says Dr. Paul Okoye, NIROH President / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Good news
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by technuel: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2018
Even Buhari will not vote for himself
Happy Sunday Pals
May God bless and keep all of you
IJN Amen....

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by emmasege: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2018
Only internet fraudsters masquerading as APC supporters still think Buhari can win in a credible election in Nigeria.

Buhari lost the 2019 election like two years ago.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Trapping(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2018
Like for Atiku, share for buhari.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by contigiency(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2018
eagleeye2:
The decision makers have spoken. They are the owners of Nigeria and decides who wins it loses in any election.

If Ango abdulahi and his few friends are the decision makers you know in Nigeria, then you are certainly bereft of information about happenings in Nigeria.

As far as I know him, he only comes to make noise each time election is coming. Claiming to be speaking for the North simply because he heads one inconsequential association called northern Elders forum. If they speak for the north, that means the emires, governors, ministers, senators, sultan of sokoto and other important opinion leaders should then take a back seat.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Godful: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2018
Their business though.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by dam2000(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Pls vote anybody but don't vote buhari is the worst among all the candidate

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by NonsoWow: 7:53am On Dec 09, 2018
The northern voters already know that the northern elders forum is a branch of PDP.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by fk001(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2018
socialmediaman:
If the north does not vote based on sentiments, then Buhari is finished!

Though I believe APC made a mistake fielding Buhari in the first place, they made it easier for Atiku

What an irony.

Or maybe you are being sarcastic.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by kumakunta: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2018
Racoon:

So Prof.can ever be this blunt? Guess this former Prof.& VC of ABU is also an IPOB member? This is a core northern leader talking here.

How it wished that the present catastrophic Buhari-led APC government and its zombies can clearly see the frightening reality of how it have bastardized Nigeria.

Vote on sentiments then continue the afore mentioned ills still plaguing & causing suffering.Once beaten twice shy.
Nigeria parades the highest number of senseless doctors and professors.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by musa234(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2018
contigiency:
Yeye and over rated elders who can't even attract all the voters in their families let alone winning their polling units. Don't worry, buhari will retire all of you permenently next year.
Are you from the north? You don't know what's happening Mr man, no internet propaganda we save baba come 2019.This is north Vs north, Fulani caliphate vs Fulani caliphate but competence against incompetence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by musa234(m): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2018
fk001:
As if they have control over the poor masses

Don't ever believe anything from a forum or whatsoever because they don't have control over the poor Masses, I am 100% sure that North will massively vote for Buhari, based on the way i see how some people over here are blindly in support of him.

Sometimes i wonder how did Buhari gained the trust of the poor masses in the North, is still a mystery to me.

Time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by maxiuc(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2018
Passovile:
That's basically what North does, they vote based on believe, they can't even defend why they vote who they vote.
your are right absolutely right
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Ikpongiton: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2018
too little,too late.the north must vote in buhari,by force.with bubu in power,the number of wheel barrow pushers and street beggars,will be at the increase.and the large influx of shoe shiners will force down prices of shoe shining

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Aghomi83: 8:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Hope those Buharians can hear that . Those supporting Mr Jubril Buhari of Sudan shine your eyes and see the Truth. The North are wiser now.

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by tobby98: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2018
Had Jonathan agreed to power shift agreement he reneged on after he heeded his wife advice detrimental to his re-election,we might not have met an unfortunate like Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by adanny01(m): 9:11am On Dec 09, 2018
6Ebisco:
The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has said the 2019 presidential election will be won and lost based on the capacity, performance and incompetence of the candidates rather than sentiments as was the case in 2015. According to the forum, the ideal Nigerian president should be a patriot, committed nationalist, bridge-builder and unifier of all Nigerians, irrespective of tongue, tribe and religion.

Speaking with journalists in his Arewa Farms in Zaria yesterday, convener of the forum, Prof Ango Abdullahi, also revealed that power brokers in the North will not support President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election in the 2019 polls because he has woefully failed to address abject poverty and underdevelopment in the region.

He said, “No one should take the North for granted, and it is not for sale. The North will no longer vote based on sentiments. It will resist shedding its blood for any candidate, and will critically scrutinise all politicians who have betrayed the hopes and mandates of our people. “They should be prepared to suffer rejection, in the same manner the votes of the North rejected the attempt to continue with impunity, corruption and indifference of the Jonathan administration,” Prof Ango warned”.

On the kind of presidential candidate Nigerians should vote for in 2019, Abdullahi who will clock 80 years on December 13, 2018 said, “The ideal presidential candidate for 2019 should be a patriot, a committed nationalist, a bridge-builder and unifier of all Nigerians.

“He must believe in, and must have demonstrated in practical terms, a strong commitment to the principles of our common humanity and the transformation of our diversity into sources of strength. “He must inspire, by personal disposition, the confidence and trust of all Nigerians that they can expect fair and just treatment and leadership that is inclusive of all sections and interest”.

On why the forum are against Buhari’s re-election, Abdullahi stated categorically that President Buhari has fallen short of the expectations of Nigerians, especially the Northern elite on whose back he rode to power in 2015 after 12 years of failed attempts. He said, “It is unfortunate that most supporters of President Muhammadu Buhari, including the president himself, think that he won the 2015 presidency because of what they described as ‘Buhari Magic.’

If Buhari had any magic at all, how come he could not win the presidency in 2003, 2007 and 2011? For 12 years, he failed to make it to Aso Rock, until we rallied round him and helped him to power in 2015. “I, Prof Ango Abdullahi, stuck out my neck for Buhari’s cause. I was nearly killed for my support for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

I was attacked in Bauchi and nearly got killed. There were 11 bullet holes in my Jeep. The Late Maitama Sule, I and other Northern elders of like minds tried to advise him, but he arrogantly ignored us. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed was the one who took our advisory letter to him.

And even after he followed up with another copy of the letter after the President claimed to have forgotten receiving any such letter, we never got any response from till date”. Abdullahi said that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lost the 2015 general elections basically because its leadership reneged on the agreement of eight-year tenure for the South and eight years for the North. He continued: “Former President Olusegun Obasanjo served eight years; and then it was the turn of the North. He made an attempt at a third term, but we fought him vehemently and he failed. He then brought Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

He spent three years in office and died. Initially, we didn’t want his choice, but the late Sunday Awoniyi pleaded with us to give Yar’Adua a chance and we rallied round him. “The Constitution says the vice president should step and complete the tenure in the event that the president dies. Ideally, the PDP leadership need not argue that it was indeed the turn of the North. “And then Goodluck Jonathan was allowed to contest the 2011 presidential election.

The argument was that it was about Nigerian president and not a Northern president. There was no quarrel. But when towards the end of Jonathan’s first tenure he said he was not aware of any power shift in the PDP, it became a serious problem. And this was what eventually led to the defeat of the party in 2015”. Abdullahi further maintained that the Northern elite believe that only the candidate that can measure up and is clearly capable of meeting the very high demands of leadership with personal integrity, unblemished record of selfless service, sound health and commitment to Nigeria’s unity and survival should be trusted with the leadership of the country in 2015.

He lamented that under President Buhari, Nigeria’s economy is characterised by significant loss of output, massive youth unemployment, a rising level of poverty, instability and irregular migration of skilled and unskilled labour, a situation he described as a national embarrassment and a disgrace to a country that is endowed with abundant resources.

He said another four years of Buhari administration would be catastrophic with the current government’s unprecedented incompetence and enthronement of mediocrity in dealing with the horrendous spate of killings and general insecurity across the country. He warned that no Northern politician, including the president who is seeking re-election, should expect to be voted in the 2019 general election unless they demonstrate a willingness to champion a massive assault on poverty and underdevelopment in the North.

“All political office holders from the North are, hereby, served notice that they have failed the test to lead the region towards economic recovery and growth”, he added.

Our sister publication, LEADERSHIP, had reported last Wednesday that members of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) on Tuesday sang discordant tunes on the re-election bid of President Muhammadu Buhari. While some members, led by zonal conveners, Sani Zangon Daura (Danmasanin Daura) and Maj-Gen Paul Tarfa; and director of Logistics, Capt Bashir Sodangi, had dismissed claims of a search for President Buhari’s replacement in the North and threw their weight behind his second term bid, others on the side of the convener of the forum, Prof Abdullahi, vehemently opposed the president’s re-election.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/09/2019-north-will-not-vote-on-sentiment-says-elders-forum/

Na today?

Even SE and SW go vote based on sentiment.

Unfortunately, the SE does not know how to play the sentimental game. They come outspoken about it that the north doesn't feel safe the work against the SE.

To all those Nairalanders shouting dullard here and there, you don't think the Northerners are watching you? If there is one thing i know about Northerners, their sentiment is never known until the last minute.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by adanny01(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2018
Emmabraham:
Confused set of people

With a midget in their midst

The north won't win 2019 elections

I can bet my left ball

What

Where is Buhari from

Where is Atiku from

I see a win win for the north!!!
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by ebuka440: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2018
It's good the way that the northern elders have realized their mistakes by voting buhari into power with the aid of teenagers who had no voters card and also under aged voters. Good.
There must be a change of power.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by kings09(m): 11:07am On Dec 09, 2018
contigiency:
Yeye and over rated elders who can't even attract all the voters in their families let alone winning their polling units. Don't worry, buhari will retire all of you permenently next year.
Suddenly u attack cos they r not supporting ur dullard buhari wit sentiment-based votes.

Hypocrite
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Ategberoson(m): 1:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
kanubiafra:
i said it now they know. west over to you. your oga's have spoke

your oga ? Are you people not lining behind atiku again?

those elders are clowns. Buhari till 2023 regardless
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by Amumaigwe: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
fk001:
As if they have control over the poor masses

Don't ever believe anything from a forum or whatsoever because they don't have control over the poor Masses, I am 100% sure that North will massively vote for Buhari, based on the way i see how some people over here are blindly in support of him.

Sometimes i wonder how did Buhari gained the trust of the poor masses in the North, is still a mystery to me.

Even when the North has rejected Buhari, Yorubas are the ones crying wolf all because of Tinubu-2023. You guys will develop blood pressure next February.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by kanubiafra: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ategberoson:

your oga ? Are you people not lining behind atiku again?

those elders are clowns. Buhari till 2023 regardless
did you even check out my name before you start shouting atiku? i'm right behind kanu pls what in God's Name Is AtUkwu?
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by oscarline2002: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
Godjone:
If they like make them vote base on religion Hunger never wire them reach tongue
Tell them..! Na so hunger dey worry them everyday
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by poseidon12: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
For the discerning ones, the Northern elders are saying that voting for tribalist Buhari is out of the question. The bigot obviously does not meet any of the conditions the elders listed. Buhari is not patriotic (sees himself first as Fulani before Nigerian). He is definitely not a unifier (he is an ethnic and religious bigot). And he is very incompetent. He will get the bulk of his votes from Yoruba Muslims. He does not stand a chance. That is why his handlers are doing anything possible to rig.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by poseidon12: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
contigiency:

Zombie, take heart. The tribalist Buhari is going back to Daura. Even his wife is warning Nigerians against voting for Buhari.
Re: 2019: North Will Not Vote On Sentiment, Says Elders’ Forum by smileyoo: 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
pol23:
Voting out Buhari is our collective responsibility..
Northerners don't buy their fuel cheaper..
They don't buy a cheaper rice..
They don't experience a different security..
They're not free from bokoharam either..
No single reason to vote in failure... only Yusuf and Few others like Tinubu are happy about the situation of our country...

Awon omo Irankiran nbo wa pe mi ni Ipob.... like say na only Ipob they suffer this Buhari maltreatment.
ipob 're not even supposed to suffer bubu's tyranny, if they apply little diplomacy by avoiding direct confrontation with the useless govt. ipob only need to be calm, and allow the nigerian zombies, to use bubu in destroying nigeria, for them, through his govt of bigotry, coded corruption and out - right incompetence, in handling basic issues affecting the nation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Distributes 300,000 Hybrid Cocoa Seedlings To Farmers / APC Chairmen, 3,000 Members Defect To PDP In Edo / Government Can’t Dismiss Budget Padding Allegation Of ₦‎3 Trillion – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.