Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Storage Issues With My New Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Storage Issues With My New Phone. (796 Views)

Camon CM Storage Issues... Pls Help. / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / LIVE UPDATE: Itel Mobile 10 Years Anniversary And New Phone Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 7:42am On Dec 09, 2018
Dear NL
I bought a new Techno android phone about 3 months ago, less than two weeks of using it,
I was having full internal storage problem , I keep on deleting apps to make room for space, I have moved some files to SD card thinking that the problem will be solved, but still there. I can't back my messages up again. I can't receive SMS again. Please how can I handle the matter?
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 7:48am On Dec 09, 2018
tecno what
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Nonso92(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:
Dear NL
I bought a new Techno android phone about 3 months ago, less than two weeks of using it,
I was having full internal storage problem , I keep on deleting apps to make room for space, I have moved some files to SD card thinking that the problem will be solved, but still there. I can't back my messages up again. I can't receive SMS again. Please how can I handle the matter?

Check the apps, especially google chrome, you will find out that its using about 5GB or more. Clear the storage and you're all good.

I would advise you use opera or uc browser.

If its not google chrome, then check the apps one by one and check their storage to find out the one that is using the most app size.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2018
Ifeanyi4491:
tecno what

Techno POP 1. Model F3
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

Check the apps, especially google chrome, you will find out that its using about 5GB or more. Clear the storage and you're all good.

I would advise you use opera or uc browser.

If its not google chrome, then check the apps one by one and check their storage to find out the one that is using the most app size.
I have uninstalled all the apps that consume space, facebook app, Alibaba etc, google chrome came with it and mist reliable browser for me now.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Lexusgs430: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:
Dear NL

Take it to carlcare.....
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Ennyholar: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2018
Support your phone with an SD card.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Nonso92(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:

I have uninstalled all the apps that consume space, facebook app, Alibaba etc, google chrome came with it and mist reliable browser for me now.

You're not uninstalling, you're clearing the storage space that is being used up by the apps on the phone.

If you have team viewer installed on your phone, I can remotely check it for you
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 10:19am On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

You're not uninstalling, you're clearing the storage space that is being used up by the apps on the phone.

If you have team viewer installed on your phone, I can remotely check it for you

Hmm that I didn't uninstalled.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Nonso92(m): 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:

Hmm that I didn't uninstalled.

Open settings>Apps> (under each apps you see there, you will see the total size of storage space an app is using on your phone. Look for anyone that is not normal, i.e. an app that is using over 1GB and above.) Open that app>storage>manage space>clear all data.

NOTE:- THIS WILL CLEAR ALL DATA ON THAT APP, AS IF YOU'VE NEVER USED THE APP BEFORE.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by thowbie7ven(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
First...How many GB is your internal storage ?
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

Open settings>Apps> (under each apps you see there, you will see the total size of storage space an app is using on your phone. Look for anyone that is not normal, i.e. an app that is using over 1GB and above.) Open that app>storage>manage space>clear all data.

NOTE:- THIS WILL CLEAR ALL DATA ON THAT APP, AS IF YOU'VE NEVER USED THE APP BEFORE.

I have been doing so .only WhatsApp and chrome I refused to it for.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Nonso92(m): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:

I have been doing so .only WhatsApp and chrome I refused to it for.

What storage size is chrome using up on your phone?
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

2.45G
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by bravesoul247(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:
Dear NL
it's majorly the apps you have on your phone thats taking up your data
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by bravesoul247(m): 6:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

they might be the app taking much of your data
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
bravesoul247:
it's majorly the apps you have on your phone thats taking up your data

Nor data , storage space is my problem. I have been deleting to free up space , I can't even install new apps.
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by Nonso92(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
supereagle:

2.45G

That's it.

Clear the data in chrome. And your problem is solved
Re: Storage Issues With My New Phone. by supereagle(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nonso92:

That's it.

Clear the data in chrome. And your problem is solved

I think I have done that , my WhatsApp crashed before reading and applying your information. Thanks ,let me see how it goes .I have 2.73 Free space now .

(1) (Reply)

Install Jumia One App To Get N500 / Redmi Note 7 Unboxing And First Impressions / I Need An Honest User Review Of Nokia X6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.