Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions (559 Views)

How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / How Christians Can Overcome Depression / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by ediko5(m): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2018
Hello,

I just came across this image yesterday and I'm still finding difficulties to comprehend the two sections.

I need a clear explanation cos its a challenging topic.

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by tempest01(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2018
You quote a passage that says a son shall not die for the sins of the father, and the father for the sins of the son.

Isn't that even giving credence to the fact that Jesus came to free us from the bondage of the sin of Adam?

Jesus didn't die for our sins, he died for the atonement of our sins.

1 Like

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by sonmvayina(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2018
The old testament and new testament are 2 different religionsous books.. The jews wrote the Tanakh for their religion called Judaism,. They believed in a universal God that is responsible for both good and evil, when you sin all God requires is a sincere and genuine repentance and your sins will be remembered no more..
The Romans who were pagans stole this Tanakh and called it the old testament and added their own at the end of it and called it the new testament.. They recognise 2 separate gods one good the other evil hence it is a dualistic belief.. And they thought the God of the jews was the devil, so they created their own god on the other of Emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire as saviour of man by his sacrifice on a cross...
The old testament god hates human sacrifice and abhors it...

1 Like

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by luvmijeje(f): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2018
sonmvayina:
The old testament and new testament are 2 different religionsous books.. The jews wrote the Tanakh for their religion called Judaism,. They believed in a universal God that is responsible for both good and evil, when you sin all God requires is a sincere and genuine repentance and your sins will be remembered no more..
The Romans who were pagans stole this Tanakh and called it the old testament and added their own at the end of it and called it the new testament.. They recognise 2 separate gods one good the other evil hence it is a dualistic belief.. And they thought the God of the jews was the devil, so they created their own god on the other of Emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire as saviour of man by his sacrifice on a cross...

Thanksss. I now understand why the devil was mentioned severally in the new testament than in the old testament.

I won't be surprised if creation story of the devil tempting Adam and Eve was not in the Book of Torah(The book of Judaism).

1 Like

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by ediko5(m): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

Interesting but I still need answer to the question.
Thanks
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by sonmvayina(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2018
ediko5:

Interesting but I still need answer to the question.
Thanks

They are 2 religions not 1,merged into 1..different beliefs.. By different people
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by sonmvayina(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

Thanksss. I now understand why the devil was mentioned severally in the new testament than in the old testament.

I won't be surprised if creation story of the devil tempting Adam and Eve was not in the Book of Torah(The book of Judaism).

Yes, the serpent in the book of genesis was Inanna (and his consort Dimuzi) she is a serpent lord and was the Goddess of death and destruction. Amongst others... The fruit of the tree causes death.. Just say was poisonous..
It was adapted from an old babylonian epic about life and death
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by sonmvayina(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

The devil on the other hand is the god of darkness, and in most mythology is referred to as the moon God, since the moon rules at night... He will be Nanner in babylonian mythology.. Satan on the other hand is the god of the air or Lord wind, he will be Enlil (En=Lord, lil=air)..
The jews or in Judaism, they are all recognised as 1,or they use the name Elohim, which comprises of several gods, just like the Nigerian senate which is made up of several senators.. They are not independent of God and only acts with the expressed permission of God.. The jews view God as been responsible and in control of his creation.. The devil is not an exception.. But acts only with the expressed permission of God as told in the story of job..
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by sonmvayina(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2018
They are all the same beings but with different names in Nigeria culture and traditions.. That is Ra=Jupiter =vishnu =Eledumare =Chukwu =Osanobua.. Same being different nomenclature

And Esu=Ekwensu =Nanner =devil.. Etc

Olokun=inanna=ishtar =venus=aphrodite.. Etc

Enki = Obatala.. I think so, or oromila.. Still researching
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by MrPRevailer(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

Yes, the serpent in the book of genesis was Inanna (and his consort Dimuzi) she is a serpent lord and was the Goddess of death and destruction. Amongst others... The fruit of the tree causes death.. Just say was poisonous..
It was adapted from an old babylonian epic about life and death

This is new age religion. Please anyone reading stay focused on the Bible. Do not be deceived by these fraudsters and deceivers.
Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by Ihedinobi3: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hello.

I am a Christian, a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ according to the Bible, so I will be answering you from that position.

To begin, the very foundation of the Christian Faith is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God Who became Man to die for all human beings as payment for their sins against God.

Your question is a very good one because those who do not believe the above have no way of understanding how we are saved at all.

No man can pay for the sins of another because no man can afford to pay for the sins of another. We are all in debt to God and each sin is worth an eternity of suffering at least because every sin is an act of cosmic treason against God. Now, even if we found one righteous man who has never sinned at all against God, he would still be unable to expiate even one single sin because he does not possess eternal life in himself (Ezekiel 14:14, 20).

But God possesses eternal life in Himself (John 5:26, 1:4). Therefore only God can pay the price of our sins. This was why the only way that man could be saved was that God had to become human and take all of human debt against Himself and cancel it with His Own enormous wealth of Life.

That is, only God could die in place of human beings to pay for human sins. But God cannot die. That is why He had to take on human flesh and suffer death, and not just physical death but spiritual death. Our Lord Jesus Christ died the worst death anybody could die for sin. If any human being spent an infinite amount of eternities in the Lake of Fire, it still would not measure up to what the Lord Jesus Christ did for us when He submitted His perfect, sinless human soul to the spiritual death in the three hours of gross darkness on the Cross of Calvary before He gave up His human spirit.

In short, we will never fully comprehend the Sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ even in eternity. But we can be sure that it wasn't just another human being dying for any of us. It was most definitely God Himself paying the dread coin that all of us put together could never muster.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by MrPRevailer(m): 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
John 1:29 "When John saw Jesus coming, he said, Behold the LAMB OF GOD which takes away the sins of the whole world".

In the days of old, they sacrificed lambs for cleansing of sins.

A man cannot die for the sin of another man because all men have sinned and are guilty. [Roman 3:23] Guilty can't die for guilty.
So ONLY he that came from heaven was qualified to do so.

Revelation 5: 3-7
https://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/5.htm

1 Like

Re: Christians Can You Explain TheseThese Bible Portions by xproducer: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
OP... remember that the Lord JESUS CHRIST, though he came to earth as a man - in the form of those whom He came to save - He is GOD! (Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1:23 John 8:58, etc)

"For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself." - Hebrews 9:24-26

"And those who heard it said, “Who then can be saved?” But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” - Luke 18:26-27

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don't Care If Jesus Comes To-Day Or To-The Next Millennium! / 2019 Elections Will Shock Both Nigerians And The World - Olumba Olumba / Man Burns Bible, Shares Pictures On Facebook As Nigerians React. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.