Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! (22359 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / Buhari To Unveil Anti-corruption Strategy / Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by pappy4real(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
theres nothing wrong in baking a breath taking, record breaking cake, but soon we'll begin to hear that it was baked with billions of dollars-thats what is wrong
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Acidosis(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
EzeUche22:

You are a fool. There is nothing to celebrate. Nigeria is not progressing and you want to celebrate. Only a fool would support such a senseless celebration. Nigerians have every right to complain while you want to celebrate nonsense. People like you make me really sick. You want people to be happy for misery. God I cannot understand some delusional Nigerians who celebrate dystopia.

And the only people who will be celebrating will be Nigerians living in the Diaspora since many have the good life and can afford to celebrate and Nigerians who are part of those circles that like to chop chop chop.

We are not talking about other countries, we are talking about Nigeria.
gawd! I wish I could give you a cyber slap to correct your insanity.
Isn't it a record if it eventually come to pass? What record have you made ever since you began the fruitless journey of your miserable life?
Nigeria is about to make a record in the world and here you are complaining about those conditions you never thought of solving. People like you will soon ask the government to brush their teeth every morning.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by EzeUche22(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
Acidosis:

gawd! I wish I could give you a cyber slap to correct your insanity.
Isn't it a record if it eventually come to pass? What record have you made ever since you began the fruitless journey of your miserable life?
Nigeria is about to make a record in the world and here you are complaining about those conditions you never thought of solving. People like you will soon ask the government to brush their teeth every morning.

When are you going to get a brain. What use is this useless record when people are starving in Nigeria? In a civilized nation, they would try to take care of there most vulnerable instead of worrying about breaking useless records that will be eventually broken.

People like me left Nigeria for a better nation. A nation that take care of its people who contribute to their society and do not stiffle innovation and growth. Nigerian government does not provide anything.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Rajalat: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
phemmy88:

See this "make them chop am and die" oh, it's u again, u that your brain is located under your feet, i could see!

Either u like it or not the cake is gonna b backed and people will eat and be happy!
Bt for u, u ain't save 'cos that day someone might poison your gari!
Oloshi

[s]HAHAH guy u bad ooooooooo, i don laugh die, my belle don dey pain me
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by MissyB1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2010
As much as I think any and every individual should be allowed the freedom of spending his money as he pleases, I see reasons with this post.

EzeUche22:

Will that be used to feed the hungry in Nigeria?

What a waste of money though. It shows that African politicians do not know what to do with money. Build some houses for the poor, feed the poor, invest in infrastructure etc. That would be a nice present for Nigeria.

Of what use is this cake going to be? Celebrate what?
I ditto the last 2 lines - Build some houses for the poor, feed the poor, invest in infrastructure etc. That would be a nice present for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by na2day(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
@rajalat
"my belle don dey pain me"
that's why u dont drink garri before reading posts on nairaland, d humor and hydrocyanate in d garri dont mix well!
LOL
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by tpiah: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
what's the shape and design of the cake?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by kaiosama(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
That idea must be from patience ozorkwo. National moi moi. hehe
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by MissyB1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^ Lmao! cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by adconline(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
nigeria is a wasted opportunity, so it's not surprising that it's embarking on another wasteful spree like FESTAC 77.  what are we celebrating ?  darkness, insecurity,mago mago, and jibiti?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by 1105(f): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
i would be the one opening the gate that day to eat my share of the cake

Im going there with MACK trailer to PACK CAKE home!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
It's disheartning that some Nigerian youths are still insensitive to their country's decadence! while the developed west are concerned with further economic growth, black Africans with an heritage of Euro-Arab slavery are now rejoicing in personal servitude. Thus, Nigerian leaders are the product of Nigerian society, a confused society based on 'slave-culture' Today, Nigeria is in a state of emergency, a condition created by sick minds. One day, history will analyse how Nigerians ruined the naturally endowed Nigeria-land space. A cake party at this point of 'coma' is an attempt to justify the 'theory of negroid inferiority' (low IQ or low brain capacity compared with other races).
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by xterra2(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
Happy at least i would be at the stadium come October 1
And this is good since it is a private idea
I would eat and eat
Hope it also taste nice not only big
And do any of you know the location where the government is going to feed people during the 50th anniversary ?
Sha Nigeria would enter the guiness book of record again after chams plc entered
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by babariches: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
Well it a great thing if they will not spend our money in making it.
because i don't want to hear after the celebration that they spent
any millions making this cake.

Though i already sense it may be another avenue to eat our money.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Beaf: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
Contrast this statement from the organisers

The organiser of the World’s largest cake project, Victor Oluwafemi, says he has tagged the project, ‘one meal one nation’, in line with the philosophy behind the project.

The project is a [size=14pt]private endeavour[/size] which myself and my team thought of. We wanted to do something significant for the 50th anniversary project. We wanted something that would give every Nigerian an opportunity to partake in the celebrations. We knew that the average Nigerian would not have the opportunity to eat the cake that will be presented in the villa,” Mr. Oluwafemi said to NEXT in Abuja.

With these from an NL contributor;

oyb:
johnathan 'marie antoinete ' goodluck - " the poor are hungry and there are no jobs - no problem  - let them eat cake "

oyb:
shey our govt no go bothch this attempt at wasting money the same way they have botched everything else?

see as we are dragging with sin city

get your share of the national cake!!1

apparently the cake is going to be distributed to every state

. . .And marvel at how deafeningly stup!d some "contributors" are.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2010
wow, i'm being stalked by that  beast of no breeding whose mouth is permantently attached to the nourishing teat of johnny's member  cheesy cheesy cheesy
maybe the lout can tell us what a presidents jizz tastes like cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by rhamz: 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
The officials of the Guinness World Records should also note the cost of the cake and the cost of the whole Anniversary. I hope dis wayo pple have a big tent to cover the cake in case it rains on 1st of October, Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
WOW!!! if this ever turns out to be true this is coming out of our pockets, it will more than confirm that this man is not worth a vote.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by mrofficial(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2010
That cake should be poisoned grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
apparently this 'private' initiative has been underway for over a year. . .

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/22310/1/Group-tasks-Nigerians-on-patriotism/Page1.html

Faith in Nigeria (FiN), a not-for-profit organisation has stressed the need for Nigerians to have faith in the country, as that is necessary for socio-economic development.

The group’s Co-ordinator, Oluwafemi Victor Wash, made this clarion call at a press briefing at the International Press Centre (IPC), Ogba, Lagos.

According to Wash, the association is determined to: "encourage Nigerians to reaffirm the importance of our independence and the pursuit of our common vision towards a better Nigeria", adding: "We need to give Nigeria reason to celebrate when it’s 50 next year."

He lamented the level of apathy in the land and what he considers as negative statements and condemnation of the country by its citizens. "The Nigeria Project has failed because people do not have an abiding faith in the country," he bemoaned.

To celebrate Nigeria’s golden jubilee next year "in an uncommon way," a National Unity Cake (One Meal One Nation) that will emerge as the world’s largest cake (about 120,000Kg) would be baked and is expected to be cut inside the National Stadium, Abuja, by an estimated 60,000 Nigerians drawn from its ethnic nation

more on FiN

http://faithinnigeria.org/index.php

note that the website has not been updated since God knows when. . .

there's even no mention of the cake on the website, .

sinvce it is a non profit org, who is sponsorng it? anyone who saw those nevada links should know that it is not beans to bake the worlds largest cake in 24 hours. . .
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by kieryn(f): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2010
Fruit cake? Yuck! How about a chocolate or vanilla cake.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by chinakobo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
This is a very great achievement for naija. This is exactly what we have been clamoring for. Thanks to government for this kind gesture that will give employment to many unemployed youths.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Ranoscky(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
^
grin grin grin Oga, u no funny at all O! grin

@pappy4real

Orie pe jare! waa rike, waa tun rayo!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by joanana(f): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
grin At least many will have the taste of 'Our National Cake'. They are not using govt money, its a private thing!!!!!!!!! Lets be happy!!!!!!!!!! And it is stated in the bible in everything we should give God thanks. In all the problems n worrys, underdevelopment, poverty , we  should be thankful.  grin LWKMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
http://tracauk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=1

Press Release
National Orientation Agency Endorses Faith in Nigeria

The National Orientation Agency (NOA) has given its total support for the Faith in Nigeria Project. This was made known during the courtesy visit to the Director-General of the Agency by the Faith in Nigeria team. In the Director-General’s words “nobody has a monopoly of knowledge” acknowledging the foresight of the Faith in Nigeria team with the dimension with which the vision has been designed. The National Orientation Agency (NOA) has given its total support for the Faith in Nigeria Project. This was made known during the courtesy visit to the Director-General of the Agency by the Faith in Nigeria team. In the Director-General’s words “nobody has a monopoly of knowledge” acknowledging the foresight of the Faith in Nigeria team with the dimension with which the vision has been designed.

After the presentation of the Faith in Nigeria Project, by the Coordinator Mr. Oluwafemi Victor Walsh, the DG reiterated his support for the project as he said it is inline with the agency’s goal of reawakening the interest of Nigerians in Nigeria and its institutions.

The coordinator of the faith in Nigeria project Mr. Oluwafemi Victor Walsh commended the agency for the role it has been playing in sensitizing Nigerians on key National issues especially during the election and on the HIV/AIDS pandemic. He also pledged the support of Faith in Nigeria project to the National Orientation Agency, stating that we will do our best to work with the agency to take Nigeria to greater heights.

The hallmark of the courtesy visit was the exchange of campaign materials between NOA and FiNP.

SILVER BIRD TELEVISION SUPPORT THE FAITH IN NIGERIA PROJECT

The Silver Bird Television has given its total support to the Faith in Nigeria project. In a courtesy call held at the lekki office of the organization on 22 Jan 200. The chairman Ben Murray Bruse, represented by Joseph Akinyemi Johnson assured the faith in Nigeria project of a total support especially in the area of television programmes.
The Silver bird group said they were impressed that a group of young Nigerians will come up with such a laudable project of advancing the course of Nigeria. They also stated that silver bird has been in the forefront of identifying and celebrating Nigerian brands, and that is why they were involved in sponsoring a Nigerian to get the miss world beauty pageantry.
In his remarks the coordinator of the FINP, Mr Oluwafemi Victor Walsh acknowledged the contribution of silver bird to the development of the Nigeria media, and also lauded its multi faceted approach to programmes and their ability to be consistent in diversifying programmes to fit the need of almost every one.

FAITH IN NIGERIA ENDORSE DAAR COMMUNICATION INITIAL PUBLIC OFFER.

The Faith in Nigeria project (FiNP) has endorsed the initial public offer of the DAAR communication PLC, the first of its kind in the Nigerian media. In a letter to the chairman of the DAAR communications, the coordinator of FiNP Mr. Oluwafemi Victor Walsh, commended the chairman and the board of DAAR communication for taking a bold step to make the organization a public liability company, listed on the stock exchange.

The coordinator said the endorsement is coming on the background of one of the objectives of the faith in Nigeria project which is to raise awareness of the role of Nigerian institutions and foster greater interest amongst Nigerians regarding Nigeria. In his words, DAAR communication is no doubt a 100% Nigerian institution and we must all put hands on deck to make sure the mission of the organization is accomplished to the advantage of the generality of Nigerians. To this end, he calls on all Nigerians to come out in mass to buy shares in the offer.

The coordinator also called for more indigenization of companies in Nigeria as he said this will create employment, thereby reducing crime gangsterism and other social vices.

maybe its murray bruce and dokpesi doing the financing
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2010
Absolute rubbish. . .private iniative indeed !!!
17 billion was budgeted for the 50 years celebration,so the organisers are telling us that they would bake that cake with their private money.some people no dey fear God at all.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Absolute rubbish. . .private iniative indeed !!!
17 billion was budgeted for the 50 years celebration,so the organisers are telling us that they would bake that cake with their private money.some people no dey fear God at all.

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Adrianne(f): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
Its a private initiative
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2010
Adrianne:

Its a private initiative

How sure are you? Have inside information to reveal?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Adrianne(f): 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
Read the article. I cant quote it from here
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
Oh!! So because the article claims it is private, I should just believe it is without researching to make sure it is? come on now . . . I want to believe you are a Nigerian and have experienced Nigeria some. How can I do that and believe I am right?
Re: Nigeria To Unveil World’s Largest Cake ! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
youths earnestly ask for cake

Gov Obiano Commissions Power-injection Substations In Anambra State (photos) / Akeredolu Orders Ondo APC Members To Return Buhari-Osinbajo Campaign Vehicle / DSS Must Arrest Fani-kayode For Incitement: Atiku Hails British Envoy