Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! (5141 Views)

5 Suspected Hackers Face Trial For Stealing Bank’ S N 241m / NDLEA Arrests 31 Drug Suspects In Anambra / Drama As Prophet Standing Trial In Lagos Runs Out Of Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by wales(m): 9:24am On Aug 02, 2010
Two Chinese business men, and a Nigerian clearing agent, arrested last week for their involvement in the illicit trafficking of 450.4kg of cocaine are to be arraigned in Nigeria.

Explaining that all the suspects in connection with the unlawful importation, will be prosecuted in the country, Ahmadu Giade, Chief Executive of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), over the weekend, disclosed that the three prime suspects: Richard Wang, 62; Chiusen Fong, 54; and Inua Mohammed, 56, are to be arraigned soon. According to Mr. Giade, the decision to arraign the Chinese in Nigeria may have kept the foreigners in high spirit since the law in their country stipulates capital punishment for drug trafficking. “The agency is not considering extradition for now, for the suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed,” he said.

Nigerian claim ignorance

Speaking on how he unknowingly got involved in the illegal trade, Mr. Mohammed, the Nigerian clearing agent, said that Mr. Wong requested him to clear the container and convey the consignment to Ibadan before his was nabbed by the NDLEA. “I am a clearing agent. Richard Wang came to me to clear a container. He told me the container contained cigarettes and gave me N3 Million for the clearance. It was after my boys cleared it out of the port that NDLEA officers intercepted them,” he said in a statement made available by the anti-narcotics agency.

The NDLEA, however, disclosed that the seizure of 450.4kg of cocaine, worth about N4 Billion, which was imported from Chile at the Tin can Island Port, Lagos, was masterminded by an international drug syndicate that smuggles cocaine from South American countries to West Africa. “The agency had kept tab on the consignment which originated from Chile and passed through Peru, Bolivia and Antwerp to Tin Can Island Port,” said Mr. Giade. “The drug was neatly concealed in customized floor wood inside a container which was cleared and taken to a private warehouse at Iganmu, Lagos.”

Kudos to the Americans

The agency also commended the United States Drug Enforcement Administration for supplying the intelligence that led to the crackdown. “I am also happy with the role played by the Serious Organized Crime Agency of Britain,” said Mr Giade. “What this signifies is a good and cordial working relationship based on mutual trust and respect. The agency is determined to send all drug barons out of circulation to prevent criminal acts capable of disrupting peace and stability in the country.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5601624-146/chinese_drug_suspects_face_trial_in.csp

Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by snowdrops(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2010
if this were the other way round a nigerian would almost defintely be executed in china for such an offence
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by 5p1naz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
cosign. . .
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by Ranoscky(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
@snowdrop, Not only Nigerians, both dia own china citizen. Dat is just dia law!

N if dis man is handed over to china gorvernment, verily, verily i say unto u, it'll be a different case!
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by Pappij: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hope this goes the full course,
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by georgee(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
snowdrops:

if this were the other way round a nigerian would almost defintely be executed in china for such an offence

Dnt mind nigeria with our yeye big brothernism angry angry angry
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by aktolly54(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
You'll always see on their visa; TRAFFICKING OF ILLEGAL DRUGS CARRIES A DEATH PENALTY
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2010
KILL HIM PLEASE.

KILL
KILL
KILL
KILL HIM
KILL HIM
KILL HIM
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by shotuns: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
Yes, executing drug traffickers iS a common practice in China, many Nigerians have been executed like this. .  But seriously i am still waiting to hear what the chinese goverment will say to this, and this news will never come to light in China,  The news will never be reported but if it's a foreign national, it will be painted red everywhere both in the local and national news,
A Nigerian was caught with 87kg of marijuana ,the highest ever since. I wonder how possible is that and this is one of the biggest set backs Nigerian citizens are facing in China, we have been given bad names , I hope justice is done with this Chinese involved but I know Nigerian goverment have no balls to deal with the Chinese government. See the picture for reference.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
i SAID KILL HIM

KILL HIM

Goodluck jonathhan please kill d fucker
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by Ikedonn(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
I strongly believe these men should be killed the way they kill nigerians in china.They are bunch of fools and should be executed here in nigeria for their crimes.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by shotuns: 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2010
see this

Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by shotuns: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-03/18/content_7589084.htm

Do you believe this actualy happen , or photoshopped?
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by DoubleN(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2010
This my country dey tire me at times,before you know it money will change hands and that will be the end of this case. If it was a Nigerian that was caught smuggling a teaspoon of cocaine,he would have be put on Death Row long before the news even got to the Press!
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by buzugee(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
why should he be killed ? it is not in our laws to kill drug smugglers, however those nigerians who smuggled drugs in china knew that they could get killed if they got caught. are they crazy ? dumb ? or do they just have a death wish ? because i know no sane person can be that desperate as to sign their own death warrant by moving drugs in a country that kills drug dealers.

having said that though, africans as a whole suffer from inferiority complex. in kenya, if you kill someone, you will be strung up faster than you can blink. they will sentence you immediately and kill you if you are a black kenyan. well kenya also has a white population, leftover from the colonial era, of about 30,000, mostly british. well one of the white kenyans shot and killed a black kenyan. the silly kenyan judiciary system (made up of all black people) let him go because he is white. guess what ? the racist white man did it again. he shot and killed another black kenyan who was 'trespassing' on his farm. well this time around they locked him up for like 9 months and then released him. black people are mostly silly. if that was a black kenyan he would have been killed after the first murder. OR if that had been a black kenyan murdering a white person in the west ? he would have been hanging by his toenails, tarred, feathered and lynched. oh well, THE BLACK MAN. here is the story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178305/Anger-Kenyan-aristocrat-Thomas-Cholmondeley-jailed-just-months-killing-poacher.html
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
I heard on the news that the chinese drug lords begged to be tried in Nigeria. Because if they are tried in China, na death be that.
They themselves know that the chinese no dey look face. They even execute their own.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by kaiosama(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2010
That Chinese guy looks like cocaine itself, see im big mouth. wowo!.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by kaiosama(m): 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
that guy don commit crime for china soteeee dem come pursue am. finally, him come find him way for naija where evil dwellers dey control things.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by shood(m): 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
i think we so allow the law to take of dis matter
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by kaiosama(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2010
Abeg, we need pictures pls
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by trublu1(f): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2010
shotuns:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-03/18/content_7589084.htm

Do you believe this actualy happen , or photoshopped?

good question, not sure how big of a suitcase it would be to fit everything that is shown in the picture,
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by trublu1(f): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2010
Pappij:

Hope this goes the full course,

agree!
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2010
Shood are u mad,

Allow wat law to take its course.

I beg KILL THE FUCKER,

KILL
KILL
KILL
KILL
KILL THE BASTARD
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
kill the bastard
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by buzugee(m): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2010
fegflu:

kill the naughty person
if you are feeling brave why dont you go kill the forker ? better yet seeing as you are a brave strongly opinionated man why not go one step further and try to kill all the corrupt leaders in nigeria ? why not form a vigilante unit with some of your boys and kidnap people like IBB and kill them ? or does your bravery end once you press the 'send' button on your computer ? you like to delegate violence but not partake of it yourself ?
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
no my bravery doesnt wen i press the send button. It also continues wen i get silly replies like urs ----fucker.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by fegflu: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
buzugee i am referin to u.
Wat ever ur buzu name is
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by buzugee(m): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
fegflu:

no my bravery doesnt wen i press the send button. It also continues wen i get silly replies like urs ----fucker.
you dont want none of this here partner. i will beat you down like you stole something
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by shellicon(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2010
Nigerians are money conscious country.They cant call a spade a spade rather they will set them free on bail.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by hugooh42(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
It's not only drug trafficking that carries death sentence in China,but corruption when the money involved is quite substantial.They have the highest number of execution in the world.And that is why their country is peaceful and the people obey the law.The Rule of law is strictly applied in China.Thats why the EFCC woman has been advocating we use chinese method"execution" to fight corruption in Nigeria,but no one seem to be listening to her.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by buzugee(m): 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
shellicon:

Nigerians are money conscious country.They cant call a spade a spade rather they will set them free on bail.
whats the point in keeping a chinese man in jail and feeding him for 30 years when you can get him to pay you 100 million dollars in bribe for his freedom and then deport him to cotonou ? if you ask me, i think nigeria has a smart business sense  grin america is going bankrupt because they cannot afford to feed all their 3 million prisoners. they are starting to close some jails now and freeing non-violent offenders.
Re: Chinese Drug Suspects Face Trial In Lagos ! by confetti(f): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
hugooh42:

It's not only drug trafficking that carries death sentence in China,but corruption when the money involved is quite substantial.They have the highest number of execution in the world.And that is why their country is peaceful and the people obey the law.The Rule of law is strictly applied in China.Thats why the EFCC woman has been advocating we use chinese method"execution" to fight corruption in Nigeria,but no one seem to be listening to her.

As if her own head won't roast if this law is to be implemented in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hyundai Heavy Workers Kidnapped In Bayelsa / Nigerian Men Test Their Odeshi Bullet Proof Charms With Their Awka Made Guns!!! / Police Nab Osaro The Popular Benin 'DPO'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.