Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,985 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo (450 Views)

Tinubu: I Never Said I Spent N35 Billion On Buhari’s Elections / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by naijapikin04(m): 11:29am On Dec 10, 2018
https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/12/10/2019-presidential-election-never-neutral-obasanjo/

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied saying he was neutral regarding the presidential candidate in the 2019 election or that he dropped his support for the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

His stated this in denial of a report which quoted him as saying he was neutral and had no preferred candidate in the 2019 presidential election.

Obasanjo, speaking through his aide Kehinde Akinyemi, in a statement in Abeokuta on Sunday, said, he believes that “only a fool will sit on the fence or be neutral when his or her country is being destroyed with incompetence, corruption, lack of focus, insecurity, nepotism, brazen impunity and denial of the obvious. Chief Obasanjo is no such fool nor is he so unwise.”

Titled, “2019 elections and reports of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s neutrality”, the statement said the former president was in Cairo for the maiden edition of the Intra-African Trade Fair where he acted as the Chairman of the Advisory Council when his attention was drawn to a report headlined, “Atiku: Obasanjo shifts political gear to neutral”

The statement read “It is disingenuous, if not malicious, for anyone to suggest that Chief Obasanjo was being neutral when he chose not to use the Owu convention as a platform for political campaign but instead adopted a communal and familial approach in talking to members of his Owu family.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by Chieftroller(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2018
shocked

Who still takes this old man serious

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by Moronfoluwa(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Then where do you belong to?
Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by godox2(m): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
Nigerians should ask Obasanjo and PDP these questions especially the youths.
Why is he having problem with all those who lead after him?Is it because they did not give him the opportunity of controlling them?
Himself and Atiku, lead Nigeria for eight(8)years, which of the basic infrastructure did they put in place that successive leaders destroyd and now they want to come back and GET NIGERIA WORKING AGAIN?What was working before they handed over and is not working now?
Buhari the magician, must perform in 3 yrs without money abi?No matter how good a policy is, there must be money for it to be implemented. So what is PDP, OBJ and A TI KU, Saying will work again?Or do they mean corruption and impunity?because that was the legacy of their administration. I am from Adamawa, but, Buhari is far better than Atiku, sentiment aside. Almost all the generals are behind Atiku and our youths are jubilating, they dont want to sacrifice, they want everthing quickly at the expense of their future why?
Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by tuniski: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
OBJ the first son of Africa! #PresidentAtiku2019 no going back. #teamBuhari in panic.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by Ibegtodiffer: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's in their DNA. They just can't stop lying.
APC presidential rally, tomorrow. Let's help them project their votes. By the end of the day, there will be no picture to use..

Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by chriskosherbal(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obasanjo pls take a stand and let everybody rest haha

Meanwhile check my signature.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by orisa37: 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Chieftroller:
shocked

Who still takes this old man serious

Even Children with inherrently ingenious Binoculars take him serious.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election: I Never Said I Was Neutral- Obasanjo by orisa37: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Moronfoluwa:
Then where do you belong to?

He is giving Nigerians full facts to judge for themselves. He is an excellent Democrat and Okosisi of Biafra.

(1) (Reply)

I Remain APGA Senatorial Candidate For Anambra South --prince Ukachukwu / Full Teext Of Ibb's Birthday Wishes To Pmb / Buhari New Airport Terminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.