Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

"God Calling" By Bb Sasore Now Available In Cinemas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "God Calling" By Bb Sasore Now Available In Cinemas (793 Views)

Tenants Of The House Resumes Showing In Cinemas Nationwide / Tenants Of The House Resumes Showing In Cinemas Nationwide / Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"God Calling" By Bb Sasore Now Available In Cinemas by mezeadichie: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
"GOD CALLING" BY BB SASORE NOW AVAILABLE IN CINEMAS

BB Sasore reveals Inspiration behind Highly Anticipated Christmas Blockbuster, "God Calling"

After an iconic creation and successful release of Before 30 and Banana Island Ghost, BB Sasore is set to bless Nigerians with yet another highly anticipated movie, God Calling, whose thriller has put viewers on the edge of their seat as they look forward to its release in the cinemas this December 21st.

The visuals of the thriller and its sneak peek is completely off the hook and unlike anything Nigerians are familiar with. Featuring daily issues and societal concerns like depression, addiction to social media and loss of identity, God Calling brings to core modern day realities and the tools mitigating spirituality.

God calling chronicles the life of protagonist Sade, excellently played by Zainab Balogun, who suffers a personal tragedy as she embarks on a journey of self-discovery and faith which leaves her changed, and extensively transforming the lives of those around her.

The film features a stellar cast made up of Zainab Balogun, Karibi Fubara, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Onyeka Onwenu, Nkem Owoh, Tina Mba, Patrick Diabuah, Chidinma Okebalama (Chee), Diana Egwuatu, and a host of other talented actors.

Sharing what propelled him to create the movie, Sasore stated: “As a filmmaker, I considered how the world is looking to our continent for original stories, and how the Bible is filled with the most original stories that we each experience in our own way every day. It led me to think of how religion would adapt to time and geography, and this is what birthed ‘God Calling’.”

“I think our film industry has so much potential but lacks the infrastructure and resources to compete globally. I believe the faith-based genre could do for Nollywood what martial arts did for Oriental Asia, or romance did for India.”

Without mincing words, this is one film all Nigerians need to watch as it gives a fresh perspective to life and prepares one spiritually and emotionally for the new year.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Books / I Need A Lawyer Or Someone Who Works In A Court / Daily Dairy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.