Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy (23175 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by FILEBE(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sarang:
Everything in this country is unholy.. nwokem mechie onu joo sad

Hello. Nwanem. Don't mean to bother you but that your DP does it truly mean you?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by farem: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:
with all due respect bishop, i disagree with you. even the bible says "greet one another with a holy kiss"
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Sarang(f): 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
FILEBE:

Hello. Nwanem. Don't mean to bother you but that your DP does it truly mean you?

Rephrase that question kam ghota
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by udemzyudex(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Nothing we no see, in fact who white wedding help?

Make Nigerians begin boycott white wedding Abeg, TM and court marriage is enough.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Why did he stop at kissin ? He should have told us the scriptural backing enrte priests of pastors are authorised to wed a man or woman or where any wedding ceremony that took place in the church or synagogue.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by FILEBE(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sarang:

Rephrase that question kam ghota

The dp you use here. Does it tell who you are?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Sarang(f): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
FILEBE:

The dp you use here. Does it tell who you are?

Why do you ask.. you are a guy.. if nah lady now I go answer sharp sharp grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by oginnite(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
Is Church wedding Biblical or Holy?. Where is it in the bible that we must do Church wedding?. I need someone to answer this question.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
Like seriously? cheesy grin
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by almakiyyun(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:
with all due respect bishop, i disagree with you. even the bible says "greet one another with a holy kiss"

Please tell me the verse in the Bible
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by daveP(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
sonnie10:
Where in the Bible does it say, thou shall not kiss the bride? We in Africa love to invent our own version of godliness.
Kissing I would believe, is a Jewish way of showing love. When Judas kissed Jesus, it was to pretend that he loved him.
Hence, as long as Christianity is acceptable to us, we cannot pick and choose what part of that way of life to follow.
Sentimental crap you just typed up there.

Tell me how the Middle Eastern fellas greeted each other and tell me if it's the kiss most newly weds do!

Just come on here to Type and justify crap. in the name of intellectualism and enlightenment.

Nonsense.

It's on the cheeks and not lip to lip.

People no go allow person hear word cos the word "kiss" kon dey bible. SMH.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by FILEBE(m): 6:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sarang:

Why do you ask.. you are a guy.. if nah lady now I go answer sharp sharp grin

How you take know I be guy? Damn! My moniker gave me out. E no still mean. You no know people I roll with . Answer jare
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by SmellingAnus(m): 6:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
cool

Religion. Religion. Religion.. Has nothing to give but to confused its people..

What else do we have to know? undecided
My Boo...
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by eph12(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kissing your wife is immorality? Na wa o
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by eph12(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
daveP:
Sentimental crap you just typed up there.

Tell me how the Middle Eastern fellas greeted each other and tell me if it's the kiss most newly weds do!

Just come on here to Type and justify crap. in the name of intellectualism and enlightenment.

Nonsense.

It's on the cheeks and not lip to lip.

People no go allow person hear word cos the word "kiss" kon dey bible. SMH.

Kissing your wife is immorality?
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by apholaryn: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Mesaage to my future hubby:"If u don't kiss me, I won't marry again".
oya let's get started right here, I'm a professional kisser
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
damiloladuke:
The Bishop of Niger Delta West Diocese, Rt Rev. (Dr) Emmanuel Oko-Jaja, has said the act of kissing the bride in the church during their wedding service is unscriptural, unholy and therefore be discouraged, Tribune reports.

Shedding more light on the issue, Oko-Jaja further explained that unwholesome practices that are taking place in churches during matrimonial services promotes immorality and corrupt the mind of especially teenagers that are in church to witness the practice.

Dr Oko-Jaja expressed his displeasure while delivering a sermon during the child presentation and Thanksgiving Service of the baby, Woyengilayefa Godfriend Atasi at St Mark’s Anglican Church, Biogbolo in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.

The Clergyman who premised his sermon on 1 Kings 22:1-28 also warned Christians to be wary of false prophets in sheep clothing who are intensifying their efforts at derailing believers.

He further explained that the act letting the Groom kiss the bride in the full glare of both the young and old persons gathered in the church to witness what is expected to be holy solemnisation of a wedding between a man and woman emanated from the teachings of false prophets.

He, therefore, enjoined all true believers to jealously guard against the antics of fake gospel preachers with their false prophecies of prosperity and protection from death, which they use as a bait to deprive unsuspecting Christians of their salvation.

“The practice where couples are allowed to kiss in the church during wedding service is unscriptural. I wish to direct clergymen and church workers in this Diocese to guard against such unholy conducts.

“According to the scriptures, the church is not supposed to serve as a place meant to promote immorality but encourage people to uphold and practice Christian virtues with a view to winning souls for Christ.”

https://lailasnews.com/kissing-the-bride-in-church-during-wedding-is-unholy-anglican-bishop

Religion, the only functional industry in Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by daveP(m): 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
eph12:
Kissing your wife is immorality?
Delving?
No way. I addressed something pls.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Kingosytex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
almakiyyun:

Rom 16:16 And 2 Cor 3:12
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by ahjerryboy1(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
its defile to do such
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by MzTunechi(f): 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
Bae, we must kiss and kiss tire in church in the presence of our well wishers. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Donbabaj: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
I've never seen this scenerio from this perspective before. Truth be told, the man of God is right. Which part of the bible even talks about kissing the bride. Going to do my research on this..
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by femi4: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:
Kissing his "wife". Na him wife, they can start having sex right there sef
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by femi4: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Donbabaj:
I've never seen this scenerio from this perspective before. Truth be told, the man of God is right. Which part of the bible even talks about kissing the bride. Going to do my research on this..
He is wrong. Husband can choose to kiss his wife anywhere

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by femi4: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
almakiyyun:

Romans 16:16, 2Cor13:12— "Greet one another with a holy kiss"
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by soloyes(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Mesaage to my future hubby:"If u don't kiss me, I won't marry again".
You will become like your mentor Linda Ikeji na cheesy grin shocked
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Sectis(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
Honestly the so called "white wedding" is itself sinful because is not in the Bible. The Bible only recognized "traditional marriage" which is the paying of pride price. Yet our pastors keep doing the wrong thing in the holy pulpit.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:
There are four places in the New Testament that refer to the “holy kiss”—Romans 16:16; 1 Corinthians 16:20; 2 Corinthians 13:12; and 1 Thessalonians 5:26. In each instance, the Greek words denote a kiss which is sacred—physically pure and morally blameless. It was a common custom in most nations for people to kiss each other at meeting or parting to display their love, sincere affection, and friendship for each other. The kiss is called "holy" to distinguish it from a sexual one and from a hypocritical and deceitful one, such as Joab gave to Amasa (2 Samuel 20:9) or such as Judas gave to Jesus when he cried, “Hail Rabbi,” and betrayed Him into the hands of His enemies (Matthew 26:49).

In New Testament times, the holy kiss was a sign of greeting, much like the modern handshake and embrace. We see similar things in movies were people exchange kiss
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sectis:
Honestly the so called "white wedding" is itself sinful because is not in the Bible. The Bible only recognized "traditional marriage" which is the paying of pride price. Yet our pastors keep doing the wrong thing in the holy pulpit.
The Anglican church usually have discuss issues like this at the synod meeting probably next year's synod will look into this
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
There are four places in the New Testament that refer to the “holy kiss”—Romans 16:16; 1 Corinthians 16:20; 2 Corinthians 13:12; and 1 Thessalonians 5:26. In each instance, the Greek words denote a kiss which is sacred—physically pure and morally blameless. It was a common custom in most nations for people to kiss each other at meeting or parting to display their love, sincere affection, and friendship for each other. The kiss is called "holy" to distinguish it from a sexual one and from a hypocritical and deceitful one, such as Joab gave to Amasa (2 Samuel 20:9) or such as Judas gave to Jesus when he cried, “Hail Rabbi,” and betrayed Him into the hands of His enemies (Matthew 26:49).
In New Testament times, the holy kiss was a sign of greeting, much like the modern handshake and embrace. We see similar things in movies were people exchange kiss.
Should kissing be encouraged during Christian wedding ceremonies? The answer is no.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deliverance From Four Demonic Kingdoms! / No To Sex Outside Marriage / Four (4) Lies That Steal Our Self-worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.