Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy (23174 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by damiloladuke: 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
The Bishop of Niger Delta West Diocese, Rt Rev. (Dr) Emmanuel Oko-Jaja, has said the act of kissing the bride in the church during their wedding service is unscriptural, unholy and therefore be discouraged, Tribune reports.

Shedding more light on the issue, Oko-Jaja further explained that unwholesome practices that are taking place in churches during matrimonial services promotes immorality and corrupt the mind of especially teenagers that are in church to witness the practice.

Dr Oko-Jaja expressed his displeasure while delivering a sermon during the child presentation and Thanksgiving Service of the baby, Woyengilayefa Godfriend Atasi at St Mark’s Anglican Church, Biogbolo in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.

The Clergyman who premised his sermon on 1 Kings 22:1-28 also warned Christians to be wary of false prophets in sheep clothing who are intensifying their efforts at derailing believers.

He further explained that the act letting the Groom kiss the bride in the full glare of both the young and old persons gathered in the church to witness what is expected to be holy solemnisation of a wedding between a man and woman emanated from the teachings of false prophets.

He, therefore, enjoined all true believers to jealously guard against the antics of fake gospel preachers with their false prophecies of prosperity and protection from death, which they use as a bait to deprive unsuspecting Christians of their salvation.

“The practice where couples are allowed to kiss in the church during wedding service is unscriptural. I wish to direct clergymen and church workers in this Diocese to guard against such unholy conducts.

“According to the scriptures, the church is not supposed to serve as a place meant to promote immorality but encourage people to uphold and practice Christian virtues with a view to winning souls for Christ.”

https://lailasnews.com/kissing-the-bride-in-church-during-wedding-is-unholy-anglican-bishop

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Kingosytex(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
with all due respect bishop, i disagree with you. even the bible says "greet one another with a holy kiss"

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by bedspread: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
With the way things are going these days, The Bishop Dr is not Far from the truth!

The other day a man went under his wife sokoto in the the full public gate

Few weeks ago the other wan pulled got naked wearing only a boxers and was doing karaoke!

This World is Going Mad!!

36 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
" He further explained that the act letting the Groom kiss the bride in the full glare of both the young and old persons gathered in the church to witness what is expected to be holy solemnisation of a wedding between a man and woman emanated from the teachings of false prophets."

I totally agree.

But trust humans. Dem go start to bash the man for saying the truth. Na pastors way dey deceive them dem dey like.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:
with all due respect bishop, i disagree with you. even the bible says "greet one another with a holy kiss"

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by GOFRONT(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
Mr Bishop......let them kiss in peace.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Yuceeluv(f): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Mesaage to my future hubby:"If u don't kiss me, I won't marry again".

13 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Geophilip: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2018
video of him saying it or I don't believe this rubbish
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by viyon02: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
I hate hypocritical statement

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2018
cool

Religion. Religion. Religion.. Has nothing to give but to confuse its people..

What else do we have to know? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
.... Dont worry, he will kiss you UC! kiss
Tamarapetty:
I refuse to be UNKISSED. Lol
Nothing will stop you from getting your kiss too!

People love kissing sha! kiss kiss
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Tamarapetty(f): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
I refuse to be UNKISSED. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by sonnie10: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
Where in the Bible does it say, thou shall not kiss the bride? We in Africa love to invent our own version of godliness.
Kissing I would believe, is a Jewish way of showing love. When Judas kissed Jesus, it was to pretend that he loved him.
Hence, as long as Christianity is acceptable to us, we cannot pick and choose what part of that way of life to follow.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Sarang(f): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Everything in this country is unholy.. nwokem mechie onu joo sad

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by obaataaokpaewu: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
As if white wedding is even scriptural. Mtchewwww

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
cheesy
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sarang:
Everything in this country is unholy.. nwokem mechie onu joo sad
Lol cheesy grin
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by emmyt2: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
I don't like arguing the word of GOD

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by mooremoney(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
RELIGION THE BIGGEST PROBLEM TO MANKIND

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by dashing07(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
Black man ......

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by sexymoma(f): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
Same reason why church doesnt discuss sex between teenagers,
same reason why churches wont go deep into sex teachings to our youngsters
they teach us how good and beneficial tithe paying is buh wont teach us how harmful fornication could be to our teenagers
kissing in church isn't allowed even when im been blessed by the pastor, oga if u go close your eye u go close am o, cause me go kiss ma hubby even caress am for back sef. angry

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by ForeBiz(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yeye pastor

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by ipobarethieves: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
sad Nah wah oo.Black men and confusion.No sex b4 marriage And now No kiss in Church during marriage. Spit
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Maleek14: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hmm
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by seunlly(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
TheGreenLand:
.... Dont worry, he will kiss you UC! kiss

Nothing will stop you from getting your kiss too!

People love kissing sha! kiss kiss
They love it with passion!!
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
'Deeper life' doctrines.
Nothing is wrong with it.It is a seal of their marriage.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Sgwin: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
Africa with they religious white people teach us Christianity but we worship more than white people yet all bad things and evils are coming out from Africa

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Yewandequeen(f): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2018
Will comment after I finish eating undecided
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by FILEBE(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:

Yes. I know. We shall kiss don't worry. The bishop is just saying his own.
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by CLEVABOY(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
I Agree with you on this
Re: Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy by Mysselff2: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Kingosytex:

It's not the Bishop's fault, Buhari has made everywhere so tense that simple love tokenism is now being labeled a sin. The Bishop needs to calm down as Buhari will soon be booted out back to Daura

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deliverance From Four Demonic Kingdoms! / No To Sex Outside Marriage / Four (4) Lies That Steal Our Self-worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.