Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Steps To Ensure Before Starting Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Steps To Ensure Before Starting Your Business (248 Views)

Here Are 6 Best Steps To Starting Your Own VTU Business In Nigeria / 9 Things You Need To Know Before Starting Your Online Business / What You Need To Know Before Starting A Yahoo Boy Business: Nairathreads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Ensure Before Starting Your Business by Fitzchris(m): 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
When I was a newbie in online business, I never knew that in other to start any successful business there are certain successfully steps to ensure before proceeding.
I struggled for years but no success i went further to research steps to succeed in any business because I almost gave up on my online business until I found these steps.
So I will discuss the steps here especially for newbies and others who really want to grow in their.
STEPS REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN ANY BUSINESS NICHE
This guide provides seven (7 ) steps to help you assess whether your business will be a success. Staring your own business is a rewarding and challenging career option. However, be mindful that a high percentage of new businesses fail in their first three (3 ) years of operation due to poor planning and management. A few ideas to help improve your chances of success are: *Consider your suitability: start a business where you already have industry or management experience. Studies show that those starting a completely new venture have a higher risk of failure. If you are staring a new venture, ensure that you are continually learning new skills and researching your industry. *Consider your ideas: Assesses the merit of your business idea and determine whether people will be willing to pay money for your product or service. *Consider your market: Develop a way of consistently reaching your customers, because you require customers in order to survive.
Consider your idea
Will people be interested in what you are offering? Ask a wide range of people what they think about your idea. Would they purchase what you are offering? Why or why not?
Have you considered a range of business ideas? Make a list of the advantages and disadvantages for different options, such as buying a business or franchising or starting from scratch. Call business brokers in the Yellow
Is there enough potential demand for your product/ service? Ask people working in this industry to provide an indication of the level of demand. Sometimes people in similar businesses are willing to help, but if not, try talking to suppliers or businesses interstate who are not your direct competitors.
Is your idea a good one? If you answered yes to these questions go to Step 3
Step 3 Consider your market
What type of people will buy from you and who will you target? Make a list of the characteristics of the people who will buy your product/service. Where are the majority of these type of people located? Perhaps you need to do a bit of research to find this out.
Have you thought about how to reach the different segments of your target market? Identify smaller groups of people with similar characteristics who might be seeking similar features/benefits.
Do you have enough time and money to devote to the initial marketing? Consider how many people you need to reach to achieve your expected level of sales.
Do you know your market and how you will reach it? If yes then go to Step 4.
Consider the competition
Have you researched the level of competition for the product/service you are offering? Assess the level of competition for your product/service in your particular location. Does the level of competition mean that yours should consider a few different locations?
What do your competitors offer? Collect flyers, price lists and any other material from your competitors. Drive past all your competitors to see what they provide.
What can your business offer that is better than your competitors? Consider what features and benefits customers are looking for—and what is not currently provided by your competitors. What features/benefits of your product/ service differ from what your competitors
Can you beat the Competition? If yes go to Step 5
What external factors have the capacity to affect the success of your business? What internal factors might affect your business success? Are you able to identify any trends for impacts that could affect your industry? These factors may have a positive or negative outlook. Think about political, global, technological, social and environmental issues. How will your business deal wit the current Water Restrictions? For a relevant checklist and more What will be the strengths and weaknesses of your business? How will you use your strengths to your full advantage? What is the future outlook for the industry you are entering? Can you beat the competition?
If yes, then go to Step 6 Try to find out more information about trends in your industry by visiting your local library, searching the Internet or by reading newspapers on a regular basis. Is your industry predicated to grow or decline? What impact do you think this will
Step 7 Consider your start-up Have you considered legal and regulatory issues when starting a business? Do you have the necessary resources to get started? Have you considered what business structure you will use, i.e. sole trader; partnership or company? You may need to get professional advise to help you decide. Check with your local council about town planning, zoning and usage rules that may affect your business.
Do you have the best location you can afford? ARE YOU READY? If you have answered yes to these steps then you are on track! Make a list of the essential items that you need to star-up other non essential items can be purchased later. Have you considered the type and cost of insurance? Talk to an insurance broker-If you are not insured you could lose everything. Make a list of which features are important in your location (e.g. main road, space, low cost, parking facilities, located in a suburb with high income, etc. ) Consider a number of potential business locations and assess the pros and cons of their secret.
Quotes :
If you're not succeeding it's because you're spending too much time slaving away IN your business...
Source:
onlinemoneymakingventures.siterubix.com

(1) (Reply)

New Manager Wanted For A Comedian, M.C And Actor / Business Tips From Bankole Cardoso; CEO And Founder, Easy Taxi Nigeria / Top Most Profiting Business Of Yuletide Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.