Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,308 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X (44593 Views)

Ncc Bans The Sales Of All Sim Cards / Nokia 6.1 Plus(X6) Unboxing, Review and Comparison With 5.1 Plus and GCAM Photos / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by TechCapon(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2018
Chukazu:

They didn't block Huawei phone sales ...they violeted US sanctions against Iran and there is a law in China that empowers the government to demand for personal Datas be handed over to government Secret service at any point in time . So US against allowing such operator access to any Data management
Huawei didn't violate any sanctions. ZTE is the company that violated the sanctions on Iran and North Korea and they've paid heavy fines.
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2018
Guyman02:
It's part of the ongoing trade war between US and China. The CEO of Huawei was arrested in Canada and facing extradition to US which the Chinese Govt is angry about.
So next will be US banning Huawei from their own market.
I hope Nigeria will come to this level some day when we can sanction erring countries and their business if we can send Buhari packing
Exactly, if only we have nuclear weapons...people we take us serious too
But this country heh
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Topmaike007(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2018
bigpicture001:
...honestly, I don't get ur point....
what are the difference between China dat spy and Facebook dat sold peoples Data
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Topmaike007(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2018
marvin906:

it's not sold in Nigeria you know Sha
AliExpress things..dats why we love China
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2018
osaslord500:

And who told you Verizon and at&t are the only network provider here in the US?
Are they not the major players.. undecided
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by LordAdam16: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2018
Buffalowings3:

And you believe the CIA doesn't have a backdoor to APPLEs products grin grin

Classic whataboutery.

The CIA has a backdoor to Apple's products. I'd rather the CIA spy on me tho' than the Chinese Natl. Intelligence.

And America would be foolish to allow the Chinese Intelligence spy on their citizens and allies when they're adversaries.

The funny thing is that virtually all of Chinese 5G network is built by Chinese companies, yet they want to build most of the West's 5G networks. It's the equivalence of giving your enemy your house key because he "said" he wouldn't use it.

This is the same China that leads in economic espionage in ALL western countries. How stup*d do you think the West is? How do you tell a thief to guard a bank?

The way I see it China can spy and do whatever it wills to its 1.5 billion citizens. The US and its allies has the right to spy and do whatever it wills to its own citizens. Everyone should mind its own business.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Topmaike007(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2018
Abudu2000:
oh boy it's too early for this victim playing card. if your friend had an impressive certification and performance no one would actually turn him down for Bleep off
an Internet fraudster spotted
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by LordAdam16: 10:45am On Dec 11, 2018
TechCapon:
Huawei didn't violate any sanctions. ZTE is the company that violated the sanctions on Iran and North Korea and they've paid heavy fines.

Meng violated sanctions. That's why she was arrested and no ZTE staff was arrested. Read my friend.

-Lord
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Abudu2000(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2018
Topmaike007:
an Internet fraudster spotted
retttarded fellow Identified
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2018
Papitrend:

You shame us all bro,tell me exactly where you stand to gain from this and Nigerians at large
I will like to live in a country that is a major player in world's economy..
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by LordAdam16: 10:46am On Dec 11, 2018
Buffalowings3:

For our country to develop, we too have to stop being yes men to this western powers.

We have to stop being yes men to everyone. Not singling Western powers only to replace them with Chinese overlords who are infinitely worse.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Gideonaigbe(m): 10:53am On Dec 11, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

QUALCOMM VS APPLE

Following the long and harsh fight in court between Apple and Qualcomm, the Fuzhou Intermediate People's Court in China court ruled in favor of Qualcomm. This decision is regarding two patent infringement claims by Qualcomm, a US chipmaker. The decision has successfully prohibited all importation and sales of iPhone smartphones such as the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and X in China. As you probably are aware, this decision is a big blow to Apple since China is the world's biggest phone market.

Anyway Apple has promised to appeal the judgment. The relationship between the two organizations has damaged beyond repair as both tech mammoths are at loggerheads over licensing rates Qualcomm and other wireless intellectual property (IP) holders charge smartphone OEMs for use of their standard essential patents (SEPs).

This implies Apple infringed two Qualcomm licenses identified with resizing photographs and arranging applications. General counsel for Qualcomm Don Rosenberg told Reuters in an announcement “Apple continues to benefit from our intellectual property while refusing to compensate us.”

However, reacting to the judgement, Apple says

“Qualcomm’s effort to ban our products is another desperate move by a company whose illegal practices are under investigation by regulators around the world,” Apple said in a statement to CNBC. “All iPhone models remain available for our customers in China. Qualcomm is asserting three patents they had never raised before, including one which has already been invalidated. We will pursue all our legal options through the courts.”

How Qualcomm is also fighting to block the sales of the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and X in the United States and a final judgement is expected in January next year.

End time

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2018
grandstar:

I find your statement rather strange

China is infamous global for not protecting intellectual property. Multinationals routinely complain about either theft of intellectual property , coerced into sharing it or passing it down , brazen support of theft and last but not the least, deliberately turning a blind eye to it.

That's one reason Trump started a trade war with the Chinese.

They'll not only steal from you, but start competing ferociously with you.
If by this means they were able to lift 500million of their people out of poverty by all means they should steal those intellectual properties.
Growing your economy is not about doing it fairly, the Americans too were never a a saint...
These guys arrested that lady for doing business with Iran.
Need I tell you that even though Russia is on some sanctions yet ExxonMobil and Rosneft are working together to drill oil in the arctic.

1 Like

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by linearity: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2018
TechCapon:

Huawei violated US sanctions, if the current allegations are proven to be true.

The US is alleging that Skycom is fully owned by Huawei and Skycom is selling products containing US made parts to Iran, which violates the sanction against Iran.
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by hermesprogidy(m): 11:00am On Dec 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

Dude, unless you have been living under the rock, I'd give you a summary of America's relationship with cars.

When gas is cheap, they buy gas-guzzlers--SUVs and trucks. When gas gets expensive, they revert to sedans. It's the free market and you don't even need to be an economist to figure that out.

GM is a corporation, of course they'd implicate steel price, even though there is a glut of steel (too much steel) in the world. They have to numb the pain of letting go tens of thousands. But that isn't the primary reason. They are being proactive and using money saved (note saved) from the fiscal restructuring to invest on other high growth auto sectors--mainly green cars and autonomous driving. Read the whole statement.

SUV plants are going strong and they're actually making provisions for some workers to relocate to these plants. I'm sure you missed that because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I guess you've flip flopped from the tarrifs are bad to they're good but only against adversaries. Except allies have been taking advantage of America's goodwill and anytime America warms up to them to adjust, they go with the familiar, "we'll do better" and then do nothing. Trump is simply saying, "enough." If you're an ally, you've got to act like it. Everyone's got problems, don't parry yours on our laps and ask us to deal with it. Own up to your sh*t.

About the recession. It's inevitable. The market is a pendulum, it swings both ways in intervals. America is overdue for a recession. The objective of every government is to keep the good times going for as long as is economically possible until the string snaps. And Trump is doing exactly that, while also engaging in long-term strategic thinking, even if his methods may not support this viewpoint.

The age of America's singular hegemony is over. The EU, China, India, not to forget old names like Russia, Turkey, Iran (Persia) all have expansionist ideas floating in their collective consciousness and the world is finite. The only space to take is space vacated by the US. The US is doing what every other world power has done in time past, snap back, rather than being boiled like a frog in a beaker. Trump is just telling everyone to get ready for the new reality and stop pretending China, Russia, Iran, NK and their friends are all content with just holding hands singing Kumbaya and kneeling before the West.

The minute China supplants the US, every one will abandon Washington and start paying homage to Beijing. The US knows this all too well, as it did same to the UK. Thankfully, the UK took the hit like a champ, China and its proponents will not be as kind.

-Lord
So because gas is cheap, you close a whole plant and loose 15,000 jobs? Wow! Please try again.
I didn't flip on the issue of tarrifs, it's still stupid, I had to expand it for you to see the big picture.
If anybody understands that the days of American hegemony is over, it's definitely not Trump. That is why fighting his allies is stupid!
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

Classic whataboutery.

And America would be foolish to allow the Chinese Intelligence spy on their citizens and allies when they're adversaries.

The funny thing is that virtually all of Chinese 5G network is built by Chinese companies, yet they want to build most of the West's 5G networks. It's the equivalence of giving your enemy your house key because he "said" he wouldn't use it.

This is the same China that leads in economic espionage in ALL western countries. How stup*d do you think the West is? How do you tell a thief to guard a bank?

The way I see it China can spy and do whatever it wills to its 1.5 billion citizens. The US and its allies has the right to spy and do whatever it wills to its own citizens. Everyone should mind its own business.

-Lord
I'm deleting this part of your comment.. cool. All your other sentence's made sense

The CIA has a backdoor to Apple's products. I'd rather the CIA spy on me tho' than the Chinese Natl. Intelligence.
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Afonjas: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2018
Musims want to turn it to US vs China

the fight is between 2 American multinational companies and not between China and the US
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Buffalowings3(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Topmaike007:
what are the difference between someone dat spy and someone dat deliberately sold peoples data off
grin grin
No comment
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Afonjas: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2018
IKON360:
someone should please clarify me, Qualcomm and Apple are American countries, so how does that translate to China banning iphones? They should also ban qualcomm not just iphones

You can see, majority of Nairalanders don't read, they didn't read the article but rushed to comment and turned the fight into China vs USA while it's 2 US companies fighting each other. China only banned few products of Apple

1 Like

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Topmaike007(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2018
Buffalowings3:
grin grin No comment
lolz, funny you
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Afonjas: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2018
Johnny1013:
USA banned Huawei..so I guess it is a draw now..

read the article or don't comment
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by LordAdam16: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2018
hermesprogidy:

So because gas is cheap, you close a whole plant and loose 15,000 jobs? Wow! Please try again.
I didn't flip on the issue of tarrifs, it's still stupid, I had to expand it for you to see the big picture.
If anybody understands that the days of American hegemony is over, it's definitely not Trump. That is why fighting his allies is stupid!

That's why I asked you to read. I would obviously not waste my time communicating with an economic illiterate. Seriously, just do a Google search of "sedans vs SUV sales in the US" and you'd have over an hour of reading material to fill up that empty abyss you call a brain.

Early this year, Ford discontinued almost all its sedans in the US -- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ford-motor-company-mustang-focus-survive-shedding-car-brands-fusion-taurus-fiesta-earnings-today-2018-04-25/.

It's infuriating for free information out there and you'd rather prefer to wallow in ignorance. Then when you're miraculously called out, you find it ingratiating to take a few minutes to inform yourself before replying. Look at the contrite statements you just made. I suppose you think the economy is an abstract concept and not a web with multiple macroeconomic pressures with varying effects. Cheap gas isn't just leading to the loss of 15,000 jobs, cheap gas is contributing enormously to the destruction of the environment.

You know what, go pound sand. I gain nothing from engaging with a troglodyte.

And it's certainly not you either who simply can't read. I'm still waiting to hear your effective alternative no one has ever heard of, Wise One.

-Lord
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 11, 2018
[quote author=blackbriar post=73740159][/quote]

And you believe it all?
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by hermesprogidy(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2018
LordAdam16:

That's why I asked you to read. I would obviously not waste my time communicating with an economic illiterate. Seriously, just do a Google search of "sedans vs SUV sales in the US" and you'd have over an hour of reading material to fill up that empty abyss you call a brain.

Early this year, Ford discontinued almost all its sedans in the US -- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ford-motor-company-mustang-focus-survive-shedding-car-brands-fusion-taurus-fiesta-earnings-today-2018-04-25/.

It's infuriating for free information out there and you'd rather prefer to wallow in ignorance. Then when you're miraculously called out, you find it ingratiating to take a few minutes to inform yourself before replying. Look at the contrite statements you just made. I suppose you think the economy is an abstract concept and not a web with multiple macroeconomic pressures with varying effects. Cheap gas isn't just leading to the loss of 15,000 jobs, cheap gas is contributing enormously to the destruction of the environment.

You know what, go pound sand. I gain nothing from engaging with a troglodyte.

And it's certainly not you either who simply can't read. I'm still waiting to hear your effective alternative no one has ever heard of, Wise One.

-Lord

You are the stupid one, and you have not answered the questions. BTW GM stated reasons for closing the sites are
1. Investment in futuristic technology.
2. Increase in price steel and American preference for SUVs.

Where is Trump's promise that manufacturing jobs will be brought back? This is the premise of the original discussion. If you think I will waste my time reading the nonsense you posted up there, you are more stupid than I thought.
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by grandstar(m): 11:45am On Dec 11, 2018
Buffalowings3:

If by this means they were able to lift 500million of their people out of poverty by all means they should steal those intellectual properties.
Growing your economy is not about doing it fairly, the Americans too were never a a saint...
These guys arrested that lady for doing business with Iran.
Need I tell you that even though Russia is on some sanctions yet ExxonMobil and Rosneft are working together to drill oil in the arctic.

You don't need to steal intellectual property to bring 500m people out of poverty. They could have achieved without being so irresponsible.

If care isn't taken, it will soon be feted with a counterfeit robe and high end Chinese brands won't make an headway.

That's what happened to Taiwan.

3 Likes

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2018
dyrocha:

Half Time Draw
cheesy
dyrocha:

Half Time Draw
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by grandstar(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2018
ollah1:

The Chinese learnt well from the Americans so they shouldn't cry.

Where did you read that Americans are infamous for intellectual theft and that the government does nothing about it? This is the first time I'm hearing about this.

2 Likes

Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by JeffreyJames(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Guyman02:
It's part of the ongoing trade war between US and China. The CEO of Huawei was arrested in Canada and facing extradition to US which the Chinese Govt is angry about.
So next will be US banning Huawei from their own market.
I hope Nigeria will come to this level some day when we can sanction erring countries and their business if we can send Buhari packing

CFO not CEO
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by Gerrard59(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
hermesprogidy:

You are the stupid one, and you have not answered the questions. BTW GM stated reasons for closing the sites are
1. Investment in futuristic technology.
2. Increase in price steel and American preference for SUVs.

Where is Trump's promise that manufacturing jobs will be brought back? This is the premise of the original discussion. If you think I will waste my time reading the nonsense you posted up there, you are more stupid than I thought.

Not true.

I had to go re-read the WSJ article and nowhere was that reported even on CNN as anti-Trump as she's.

LordAdam is correct.
Re: China Bans The Sale Of Iphone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus And X by hermesprogidy(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Gerrard59:

Not true.

I had to go re-read the WSJ article and nowhere was that reported even on CNN as anti-Trump as she's.

LordAdam is correct.
So CNN is your only source of information? Amigo, price of steel has gone up, and it's one of the reasons for GM plant closure. Know it now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / HD Photos Of The Tecno Winpad 10 - Specifications - Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.