Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

My US Visa Refusal Under 214b & 212(a)(6)(c)(i) Material Misrepresentation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My US Visa Refusal Under 214b & 212(a)(6)(c)(i) Material Misrepresentation (1089 Views)

Why A Nigerian Was Denied Schengen Visa (Refusal Letter) / UK Visa Refusal Letter / US Visa Refusal Under 214(B) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My US Visa Refusal Under 214b & 212(a)(6)(c)(i) Material Misrepresentation by ericdundee: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2018
I submitted a visa application for Renewal under drop box but got a 212G form when I went to pick up my passport. I was required to reschedule a visa appointment which was supposed to be in February 2019. But all of a sudden I was moved to a weekend in October 2018.
I attended the interview and was accused of lying about reasons for procuring my original US visa. No documentation was requested from me by the interviewing officer. He just said he didn’t believe me and then he gave me the blue 214b slip and the 212(a)(6)(C)(i) Material Misrepresentation.
I have read about the 212 Material Misrepresentation and it carries a lifetime ban. I have approached an immigration lawyer to write to the consulate and this has been done… but the US consulate has not responded.
I am a law abiding citizen who notified the US consulate in writing well beforehand that I would be traveling to the US to have a baby and I paid all my bills.
Does anyone know what I can do to get a solution as I believe I am the victim of discrimination, erroneous and arbitrary determination that I have made a material misrepresentation to the US government.
Re: My US Visa Refusal Under 214b & 212(a)(6)(c)(i) Material Misrepresentation by NothingDoMe: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
ericdundee:
I submitted a visa application for Renewal under drop box but got a 212G form when I went to pick up my passport. I was required to reschedule a visa appointment which was supposed to be in February 2019. But all of a sudden I was moved to a weekend in October 2018.
I attended the interview and was accused of lying about reasons for procuring my original US visa. No documentation was requested from me by the interviewing officer. He just said he didn’t believe me and then he gave me the blue 214b slip and the 212(a)(6)(C)(i) Material Misrepresentation.
I have read about the 212 Material Misrepresentation and it carries a lifetime ban. I have approached an immigration lawyer to write to the consulate and this has been done… but the US consulate has not responded.
I am a law abiding citizen who notified the US consulate in writing well beforehand that I would be traveling to the US to have a baby and I paid all my bills.
Does anyone know what I can do to get a solution as I believe I am the victim of discrimination, erroneous and arbitrary determination that I have made a material misrepresentation to the US government.
Sorry love. If you concealed your pregnancy at the time of the interview then it could be considered as misrepresentation. Please move your question here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

(1) (Reply)

Who Renewed His Nigeria Passport Recently / How To Get To Ijebu-ode From Oshodi, Lagos / Which Business Can Someone Start In Benin Republic With 500k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.