Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian (1324 Views)

Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message / Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Overstaying Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please I need information on this.
is there any big fine or penalty if you overstay your visa in another ECOWAS country as a Nigerian.
your prompt response will be appreciated,
thanks.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
cc: lalasticlala and seun cc: mynd44
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by sholatech(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
Of course yes. You usually make a penalty fee payment at the country's immigration office before you are now allowed to depart the country.

1 Like

Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
sholatech:
Of course yes. You usually make a penalty fee payment at the country's immigration office before you are now allowed to depart the country.
Please can it be up to 50$
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by nattyspice: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
Which kain mumu questiion be dis? Nobody knows which country and how many days of over stay ,but you want an exact answer.
If na Ghana the best option is beg them to reduce the number of days

1 Like

Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
nattyspice:
Which kain mumu questiion be dis? Nobody knows which country and how many days of over stay ,but you want an exact answer.
If na Ghana the best option is beg them to reduce the number of days
Thank you sir..
you could have aired your opinion with abuse sir.
thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by nattyspice: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:

Thank you sir..
you could have aired your opinion with abuse sir.
thank
s.
Bros no vex,i never meant to be vulgar.
The issue of overstay needs to be addressed with urgency .Most Ecowas countries see Nigerians as rich folks.
I fell into that trap unknowingly in Ghana, and had to plead for reduction of days .
I was a bit lucky because it was at Aflao border post.
If to say na Accra ,i for pay all .
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by gentlebullet(m): 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:
Please I need information on this.
is there any big fine or penalty if you overstay your visa in another ECOWAS country as a Nigerian.
your prompt response will be appreciated,
thanks.
Yes there is a fine for overstaying. Which of the ECOWAS state do you want to know about? The fine differs in each member state.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
gentlebullet:

Yes there is a fine for overstaying. Which of the ECOWAS state do you want to know about? The fine differs in each member state.
Liberia.
Thank you.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
nattyspice:

Bros no vex,i never meant to be vulgar.
The issue of overstay needs to be addressed with urgency .Most Ecowas countries see Nigerians as rich folks.
I fell into that trap unknowingly in Ghana, and had to plead for reduction of days .
I was a bit lucky because it was at Aflao border post.
If to say na Accra ,i for pay all .
Its Liberia.
Thank you sir.
I am already on top of it.
thanks sir.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by gentlebullet(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:

Liberia.
Thank you.
official overstay fine in Liberia is $50 per month. But you can always negotiate you way out if your overstay exceeds 3months(its advisable you do that at the border or airport at the point of disembarking from the country)If you go to the LIS office at airfield new road, you will definitely be made to pay full.

1 Like

Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
gentlebullet:

official overstay fine in Liberia is $50 per month. But you can always negotiate you way out if your overstay exceeds 3months(its advisable you do that at the border or airport at the point of disembarking from the country)If you go to the LIS office at airfield new road, you will definitely be made to pay full.
Thank you bro.
I appreciate this information.
its 2 month sir.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by gentlebullet(m): 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:

Thank you bro.
I appreciate this information.
its 2 month sir.
You are most welcome Bro. If you will be disembarking through the Monrovia-Zwedru-Harper route border (or Monrovia-Greenville-Zwedru-Harper route), you should be able to convince the immigration official that will attend to you to accept $50 and you will be stamped out. wish you all the best.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
gentlebullet:

You are most welcome Bro. If you will be disembarking through the Monrovia-Zwedru-Harper route border (or Monrovia-Greenville-Zwedru-Harper route), you should be able to convince the immigration official that will attend to you to accept $50 and you will be stamped out. wish you all the best.
Thank you bro.
Harper-Lagos
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
gentlebullet:

Its by air.
Monrovia-Lagos straight.
I really appreciate.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by gentlebullet(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:

Its by air.
Monrovia-Lagos straight.
I really appreciate.
You can still appeal to the LIS official at Roberts Intl Airport to consider a reduction. it depends on your manner of approach. make sure you check-in early so you can have time to persuade the officials. The few LIS officials i have worked with are always reasonable especially the females. Good luck
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
gentlebullet:

You can still appeal to the LIS official at Roberts Intl Airport to consider a reduction. it depends on your manner of approach. make sure you check-in early so you can have time to persuade the officials. The few LIS officials i have worked with are always reasonable especially the females. Good luck
I appreciate your support sir.
Is that your number on WhatsApp sir?
God bless you immensely.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by gentlebullet(m): 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Adieza:

I appreciate your support sir.
Is that your number on WhatsApp sir?
God bless you immensely.
You are welcome Bro.
Yes
Amen
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by nattyspice: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
Adieza:

Its by air.
Monrovia-Lagos straight.
I really appreciate.
Also don't forget to hold small liberia dollars for Nigeria immigration (hahaha na joke i dey joke).
Wish you best of luck.
Re: Is There Penalty Overstaying Another ECOWAS Country As A Nigerian by Adieza(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
nattyspice:

Also don't forget to hold small liberia dollars for Nigeria immigration (hahaha na joke i dey joke).
Wish you best of luck.
Thank you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Moving To Cambodia / Information On Macedonia / Air Peace Unsafe, Unpunctual And Unprofessional -American Youtuber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.