Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (9710 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
As a christian and believer of the Word (Bible), you may know so many verses but i believe there are some you like/luv most.
For me, my favorite verses are "who is he dat speaks & it comes to pass, wen d Lord has not commanded it?, Lam. 3:37" and
"Fear not, for am wit you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I wil strengthen you, Yes, I wil help you, I wil uphold you wit My righteous right hand.", Isaiah 41:10.
So share your favorite bible verse(s) and lets know. Thank you
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Blueice4re(f): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
For me my favorite bible Psalm 35 to d end, 1 corinthains 12 to the end, read and understand it.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
@blueice4re, its so gud 2 knw dat urs is even a whole chapter
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2010
@blueice4re, its so gud 2 knw dat urs is even a whole chapter
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by uche13: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
My favourite bible verses vary from time to time depending on the particular season of my life. For now it is isaiah43:18-19
"Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold I will do a new thing, Now it shall sprIng forth;shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by yvyy(f): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
MINE IS HABAKKUK 3:17-19

''Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by xreal: 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2010
John 3:16
why? this verse is the 'bible' in-summary.

Eph 6:1-4
why? I discovered this verse my self and memorized it when I was 4.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2010
@Xreal, yea i rem wen we were growin up, we used to say doz verses very 2 d xtent it bcame part of me, I can neva 4get Jhn 3:16 nd Eph. 6:1-4
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 6:55am On Aug 04, 2010
@Xreal, yea i rem wen we were growin up, we used to say doz verses very wel 2 d xtent it bcame part of me, I can neva 4get Jhn 3:16 nd Eph. 6:1-4
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Esedendo(m): 6:56am On Aug 04, 2010
@Xreal, yea i rem wen we were growin up, we used to say doz verses very wel 2 d xtent it bcame part of me, I can neva 4get Jhn 3:16 nd Eph. 6:1-4
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mazaje(m): 8:20am On Aug 04, 2010
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by freshera: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
Matt 22: 36-40

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment.

39And the second is like it: [b]'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by rhemakc(f): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, yea I have a goodly heritage Psalms 16:6
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by sexxxxy(f): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
Psalm 91:vs 7

A thousand shall fall at thy side,and ten thousand at thy right hand,but it shall not near thee,
Amen

Powerful word,
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by noetic16(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
mazaje:

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9)
grin grin this thread will not be complete without ur input.

@ OP

They are too many. I dont know which one to pick . . . .but the most humbling verse IMO is 1 john1: 5-10
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by denitro(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2010
Favorite bible verse:
And Joseph served in Pharaoh's court,
Moral:
(Despite your busy schedule, take time to relax with a game of lawn tennis)
grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Ben13: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
"Lift up your heads, o' ye gates and be ye lifted up ye everlasting doors: and the king of Glory shall come in.
"Who is this King of Glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The lord mighty in battle. . . .

Psalm 24:7-10
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Ranoscky(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
John 11:35.  Jesus wept! cry
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Eskycom: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mark 10:27 NIV
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by eloii: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mine is the mind of forgiveness and not deposing what is suppose. (Matthew 5: 22-23, I cor. 7:36)
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Allansmith: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2010
w
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by jacob05(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
proverbs     PUT YOUR WORKS ONTO THY LORD, AND YOUR THOUGHT SHALL BE ESTABLISHED
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Newest: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
I get many Jor!!!!!!

Psalm 24:7-10
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by Tonyet1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
My favourite scripture of course:

[center]Matthew 23:23 -

". . . and Jesus continued by said unto the them, i say

practise justice,

practise mercy,

practise faithfulness

and also do not neglect to practise tithing "[/center]

cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by doctorT(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2010
My favorite verse in the bible is; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by reindeer: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2010
And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you freeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by ngshalom: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
This particular verse inspires me everyday, it is Jeremiah 29:11"for i know the thoughts that i think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give an expected end" i know with this verse that my future is settled.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by mrofficial(m): 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2010
No verse, the whole of Ecclasiastes.  grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by SEGAD: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
1 Cor. 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by oisehumen(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
Exodus 14:14. He fights for me and i hold my peace cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by MeGaStReEt: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2010
I have so many to chose from

Isaiah 55 vs 7-8

Let the wicked forsake his way
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
and let him return unto the Lord,
and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God,
for he will abundantly pardon

For my thoughts are not your thoughts
neither are your ways my ways,
saith the Lord

Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help

My help cometh from the Lord,
which made Heaven and earth.
Re: What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? by nkirubb: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
Psalm 89:33

Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth, shall ye not know it, I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

and many many more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / Wearing Of Trousers, Earings And Make-up By Ladies Will Not Take Them To Hell. / The Lying Deity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.