Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps (1925 Views)

Police Seal 17 Local Government Area Secretariats Of Plateau / No Nigerian Territory Under Boko Haram Control - Defence Headquarters / Maiduguri Under Boko Haram Attack Currently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
Contrary to claims by the Nigerian government that no local government in Nigeria is under Boko Haram occupation, the House of Representatives have discovered that at least 17 local government areas are still under the occupation of the terrorists.

In June, at the 2018 World Congress of the International Press Institute in Abuja, President Muhammadu Buhari reiterated that Boko Haram had been degraded and was no longer in control of any part of Nigeria.

“Your annual congress is holding in Nigeria during a period of global terrorism. Nigeria experiences that scourge through Boko Haram which has been technically degraded and has no territorial hold anywhere anymore in its North-East operational base,” he said.

But in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service on Tuesday, the chairman of the House Committee on Internally Displaced Persons, IPDs, Sani Zorro, gave a shocking revelations that 17 local government areas are occupied by terrorists.

He said the lawmakers discovered this during a recent oversight function in Nigeria’s North East.

“I assure you that 17 local government areas of Borno are still under Boko Haram. They have control in many areas, collecting all many of taxes. In some local government areas, they would go to where people draw well water and ask people to give them certain amount of money in three days. And the locals would comply and give them the money.

“So whoever says Boko Haram is not occupying and administering those areas is telling a lie.

“It is better they (Nigerian authorities) stop claiming that Boko Haram is not occupying any territory. Those living in the rural areas of the affected states hear all manner of tales. Why are trenches dug to stop infiltration of insurgents into areas protected by the military?

“For instance, about three days ago, the terrorists invaded Abadam and Kalabalge, leading to the UN refugee agency’s withdrawal of its aid workers. This is where two nurses were killed.

“The question now is, if you say Boko Haram is not holding any Nigerian territory, where are they coming from and where are they taking the hostages they abducted?” Mr Zorro asked.

He told the BBC that no success was recorded in the resettlement of displaced persons to their communities as most of the displaced persons who were either forced or persuaded to resettle have fled their communities again.

“We were in Bama on 5th November, in the report we submitted, we said in conservative estimate that there are not more than 200 people living in Bama. But I believe there are not more than 50 people living there today. We traversed everywhere in Bama including their hospital, military base and the palace of the emir. I can tell you that even vultures have fled the palace of the emir,” he said.

DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that Bama has a population of 269,986 people, according to 2006 Census.

Source: https://dailynigerian.com/17-local-government-areas-in-borno-still-under-boko-haram-reps-discover/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by ican2020: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
God help us

5 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2018
I can see a chronic zombie viewing without commenting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
UltimateCycle:
I can see a chronic zombie view without commenting.

cheesy grin grin grin

@topic

Nigeria has failed under the dollard and gandollar his pa

12 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by magoo10(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
If not for one thing i would have said the governor of that state is a slowpoke using the media to down play the reality on ground.

He collects security votes but share half of his state territory with technically defeated bokoharam.

9 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
mudizojixo:
somthing need to be done on time b4 it gets out of hand again

The only solution is to vote out the Chief sponsor of the terrorists.

4 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
It's no longer media campaign. This is reality.
Boko Haram are very well on ground and active.

Not Technically, Morally, Socially, Financially and of course Islamically Defeated....!

1 Like

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
magoo10:
If not for one thing i would have said the governor of that state is a slowpoke using the media to down play the reality on ground.

He collects security votes but share half of his state territory with technically defeated bokoharam.

I believe the Governor do settle the BHT not to conquer his own territory.
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by samfuntua: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
LAI MOHAMMED? THIS QUESTION BELOW IS FOR TO ANSWER:

“The question now is, if you say Boko Haram is not holding any Nigerian territory, where are they coming from and where are they taking the hostages they abducted?” Mr Zorro asked.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by magoo10(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
UltimateCycle:

how else can one explain the level of deceit going on in borno state .this government is 80% propaganda

4 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
samfuntua:
LAI MOHAMMED? THIS QUESTION BELOW IS FOR TO ANSWER:

Mr Zoro go wait for answer taya cheesy grin cool

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Olatunji1929: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
Na lie buhari has defeated them let those senseless almajiri vote massively for buhari from idp camp in 2O19 by 2O23 shekau and his brave worriors would have occupied bornu govt house while elbanawi will be forming king kong in yobe govt house wetin concern me self before bokoharam could reach osun state the entire hausa/fulani race would have been annihillated

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Racoon(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
-1)."Only the dreamer shall understand realities, though in truth his dreaming must be not out of proportion to his waking."- Margaret Fuller.

-2)."A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity" (B.G).

-3"If falsehood climbs up,the truth always remains at the bottom waiting for it to climb down."
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
ican2020:
God help us

We need to help ourselves first before God will do a miracle. Heaven help those who help themselves.

1 Like

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Asshurbanipal: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
Media blackout strategy. Clueless government

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by mushystuff: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Dem don share am? Which one is his own territory again?
UltimateCycle:

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by oneeast: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
APC over to you cheesy

1 Like

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Xander85: 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olatunji1929:
Na lie buhari has defeated them let those senseless almajiri vote massively for buhari from idp camp in 2O19 by 2O23 shekau and his brave worriors would have occupied bornu govt house while elbanawi will be forming king kong in yobe govt house wetin concern me self before bokoharam could reach osun state the entire hausa/fulani race would have been annihillated

You'd be surprised how many millions of 'votes' Buhari will get from this same Bornu that's riddled with terrorism, refugees and hunger!

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olatunji1929:

Na to sit down dey watch those almajiri, Dem go die well if dey vote for the chief terrorist sponsor again.

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Boko Boys are here to Stay
The only thing we should try to do now is to
Stop them from coming to SOUTH especially LAGOS

Foreigners are taking over Streets of LAGOS and now one is talking
Politicians are only after 2019
We pray To be Safe IN JESUS AMEN
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by vambi: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nawa o
Hello friends, I am participating on a startup funding challenge for $150k and mentorship. Please help with "Likes" to vote for me.
Steps to Vote
1. Click on the link below
2. Click on Like my project (doctalkng)
3. On login select sign up to Vote and use any choice signup options (facebook, gmail, LinkedIn etc)

https://startupper-of-the-year-challenge.total.com/en/juries/NbVfpWn54Btp9yIdOZoFUQ/participations/34573/vote
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Blackfire(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Stu.pi.d rep you want to disgrace buhari...
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Blackfire:
Stu.pi.d rep you want to disgrace buhari...

undecided shocked

2 Likes

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Turantula(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
I can tell you that even vultures have fled the palace of the emir,” he said.
Saharareporters where are thou when we need you most, Oby Ezekwesili doesn't seem to care for the terrorized anymore.
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
UltimateCycle:
grin
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by fykes(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
That they fled is not the problem... Just watch out and see the high number of votes that will come from those areas for Apc during the election and u will uunderstand while Boko Haram is there to stay
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by UltimateCycle: 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
Turantula:

Saharareporters where are thou when we need you most, Oby Ezekwesili doesn't seem to care for the terrorized anymore.

Sahara have received their payment for propaganda well done against GEJ.

1 Like

Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by Timatayo1: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
God what is our offense to deserve all this from this evil people and evil party when they said no book haram again God of Mercy deliver Nigeria from Apc
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by concordetz: 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Government must endeavour to keep it s promises and duty of protecting the citizenry
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by DerrickzB: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
UltimateCycle:

Hehehehehehe... lmaooo... guy wetin happen na
Re: 17 Local Govt In Borno Still Under Boko Haram Control - Reps by DerrickzB: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hehehe.. shey is the same boko haram fed govt said they had destroyed!!! U see ehn.. APC supporters wee not make heaven ooo... see ifa hear peem..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts After APC Promised South East And South West Presidency In 2023 / Why is PMB Not Referred To As Alhaji? / What Do You Think President Buhari Is Telling Osinbajo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.