Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? (1911 Views)

FG Plans Further VAT Increase, New Sharing Formula / FG Removes VAT From Cooking Gas. Price To Crash / CAN Wants The FG To Relocate Nigerian Embassy To Jerusalem - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
I've been reading comments from some Nigerians saying the reason why the federal government can't pay NIGERIANS the way foreign governments have been paying their citizens is cos Nigerian s don't pay tax. If I may ask can the FG account for the billions of naira it collects from all of us as VAT? Not to talk of the PAY AS YOU EARN.

THE government is just been irresponsible if they refuse to pay stay at home stipends

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Ussycool: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
cheesy make they pay us our money.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ussycool:
cheesy make they pay us our money.
they have to if you insist

2 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by omonnakoda: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
VAT goes to the federation account to be shared

4 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by helinues: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Large chunk of oil revenue are yet to be accounted for, this one dey ask about VAT

3 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by sapele914(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
T
Powerintoxicate:
I've been reading comments from some Nigerians saying the reason why the federal government can't pay NIGERIANS the way foreign governments have been paying their citizens is cos Nigerian s don't pay tax. If I may ask can the FG account for the billions of naira it collects from all of us as VAT? Not to talk of the PAY AS YOU EARN.

THE government is just been irresponsible if they refuse to pay stay at home stipends
Go & meet your state Governor, 70% of VAT money goes to the States & Local Government.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by neonly: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
The thing dey pain me anytime I think about it

6 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Sunofgod(m): 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
A snake swallowed it ...you no hear?

4 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Large chunk of oil revenue are yet to be accounted for, this one dey ask about VAT
did you read my write-up at all?

1 Like

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Okoroawusa: 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
You have no idea what tax is...

Nigerians pay tax?...shior!

1 Like

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:
You have no idea what tax is...

Nigerians pay tax?...shior!
you are the one without an idea. For your information the VAT is an indirect form of tax. Infact on every bottle of coke or beer you buy you pay VAT. You don't have to see it on your receipt. The company collects the VAR which is included in the price or payment and then remits to the FG

5 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Okoroawusa: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you are the one without an idea. For your information the VAT is an indirect form of tax. Infact on every bottle of coke or beer you buy you pay VAT. You don't have to see it on your receipt. The company collects the VAR which is included in the price or payment and then remits to the FG
So indirect tax is the only tax u know? So which one do Nigerians pay very well?

2 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

So indirect tax is the only tax u know? So which one do Nigerians pay very well?
tax is tax direct or indirect. Of course in a poor country like Nigeria with zero databases most citizens pay indirect taxes

3 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Difrent: 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:

Ignorant and naive comment
Educate yourself please and stop this foolishness, start by asking how much the tax revenue amounts to and how much of it is used in recurrent expenditure....... The fact is the tax collected and oil revenue is not enough to meet recurrent expenditure talk less carrying out any meaningful capital expenditure apart from buying vehicles and office equipments

5 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by miteolu(m): 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
They have used it to buy Agbada, cars

1 Like

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Difrent:

Educate yourself please and stop this foolishness, start by asking how much the tax revenue amounts to and how much of it is used in recurrent expenditure....... The fact is the tax collected and oil revenue is not enough to meet recurrent expenditure talk less carrying out any meaningful capital expenditure apart from buying vehicles and office equipments
and who told you the taxes collected in the UK are enough anyways?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by MansoryMX(m): 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:

Almost 86% percent of Nigeria has no idea what Value Added Tax is! Even the educated ones who must have come across it during their school days. We pay VAT in almost everything we purchase in this country and still government is using excuse of Nigeria not paying taxes to keep people in Hunger, whereas every citizen at one point in time pay indirect tax. Billions of revenue are gotten from indirect tax in almost non perishable goods we consume. I weep for this country

3 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by googi: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yes, Nigerians pay taxes almost on a daily basis.

Even if the amount taken out PAYE is nothing compared to other African countries.

I will agree that Nigerians pay taxes anyway.

To Nigerian Police on the Roads!
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Powerintoxicate: 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=MansoryMX post=88711019]

Almost 86% percent of Nigeria has no idea what Value Added Tax is! Even the educated ones who must have come across it during their school days. We pay VAT in almost everything we purchase in this country and still government is using excuse of Nigeria not paying taxes to keep people in Hunger, whereas every citizen at one point in time pay indirect tax. Billions of revenue are gotten from indirect tax in almost non perishable goods we cons
ume. I weep for this country
[/quote me] exactly we pay VAT almost everyday. Once you buy your indomie you've paid VAT!
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by yinchar(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Income Tax is different from Value Added Tax (VAT)

I’ll try to break it down, income tax is levied on your income such as salary. The current income tax in Nigeria is one of the lowest in the work, no country can survive at this lower income tax rate. For example, South Africa minimum income tax rate is 25% of your month salary, and like 40% minimum in UK. The country needs to increase the income tax.

The VAT is on anything you purchase in the country. Also one of the lowest in the world at 5/7.5%, this is too low for a country as big as ours that requires modern infrastructure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Jokerman(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Difrent:

Lol.... Federal government tax collect (Firs employee), we've heard you... We don't pay tax grin... We supposed to be paying tax of 10,000 out of our 40k salaries
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Op you dey suffer yourself ooo mumu people wey full nairaland plenty no need to dey reply dem sha

1 Like

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by MansoryMX(m): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Powerintoxicate post=88711359][/quote]

Nigerians have been fooled for so long and still fooled till tomorrow until we challenge these people who call themselves government.
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Tetrahedron: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Are you not in this country when sinators bought all 2020 Lexus jeeps?

..Not in this Country when buhari practically lived 6 months out of 1 year in the uk getting the most expensive medical care all expenses paid?

...Not in this country when tinubu drove bullion van from a bank vault straight into his house?

I tire for you
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Blue3k(m): 12:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Here's what they did with the cash. In Q1 2019 Vat represented 34% of non-oil taxes and less than 1% of gross taxes.

Powerintoxicate

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Mace0lane: 5:30am On Apr 22, 2020
In terms of wealth, accomplishment, development, good governance, corruption, any or every criteria at all what positions does Nigeria occupies n how many countries in the entire world did their government pay their citizen anything ?

Now if you have a functional brain ask yourself how many countries in Africa made such payment ? If that doesn't give you the answer you need ask how many third world country or underdeveloped countries made such payments.

You see in Nigeria I am tired of reading from clowns everyday, some clowns want the best equal to first world country but won't bother to ask where Nigeria is atm. You want a Nigeria that can not conduct ordinary census to give out money like Canada UK or USA.

Una matter tire me. Till this hour no Africa country gave out palliative like the FG n state governors did in Nigeria yet you'd rather wail till Buhari bring you heaven on Earth.

Powerintoxicate:

2 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by orisa37: 5:37am On Apr 22, 2020
GOING AS PALLIATIVES TO KATSINA STATE IN A CHARACTERISTIC FEUDAL FASHION.
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Difrent: 7:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol.... Federal government tax collect (Firs employee), we've heard you... We don't pay tax grin... We supposed to be paying tax of 10,000 out of our 40k salaries

Those flaunting paychecks from their government won't tell you they pay between 15 - 25% tax whereas in Nigeria we pay a paltry 5-7%.....thats why most of us think those politicians we elect are magicians, they are not and that's why they almost always fail...... If tax should be increased now, your likes will want heaven to fall forgetting that those developed countries we admire collect far higher taxes from their citizens

4 Likes

Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by Difrent: 7:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Mace0lane:
In terms of wealth, accomplishment, development, good governance, corruption, any or every criteria at all what positions does Nigeria occupies n how many countries in the entire world did their government pay their citizen anything ?

Now if you have a functional brain ask yourself how many countries in Africa made such payment ? If that doesn't give you the answer you need ask how many third world country or underdeveloped countries made such payments.

You see in Nigeria I am tired of reading from clowns everyday, some clowns want the best equal to first world country but won't bother to ask where Nigeria is atm. You want a Nigeria that can not conduct ordinary census to give out money like Canada UK or USA.

Una matter tire me. Till this hour no Africa country gave out palliative like the FG n state governors did in Nigeria yet you'd rather wail till Buhari bring you heaven on Earth.

The matter tire person my brother, so many ignorant rants online from supposedly educated youths......
Re: Almost Every Nigerian Pays Tax. What Has The FG Done With Your VAT? by mrvitalis(m): 7:42am On Apr 22, 2020
[quote author=Powerintoxicate post=88711359][/quote]
You pay VAT on food items ? Lol this one no even know what VAT is ...bro go n sleep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ONDO DECIDES: 12 Governors Storm Akure For Akeredolu / FG Keys Into Bill Gates Depopulation Project / IPOB Not Responsible For Attacks On Police Facilities – Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.