Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? (502 Views)

Newsbreak: Kwankwazo Won't Step Down For Tinubu, Atiku Says Spokesperson / How Ogun Police Spokesperson Protects Alleged Fraudulent Car Dealer, Detains, Pa / Biography Of Lanre Issa-onilu |meet (APC) New National Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by nansng: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
A mild controversy has trailed a statement made on Tuesday by the head of the Nigeria Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), Mr Yomi Shogunle, who said having sex in the car in a public place isn’t a crime.

Mr. Shogunle, who is an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), made the statement while responding to a Twitter user (@Stanley_Moses13) who had asked if it is a crime to have sex in ones car.

“Oga Yomi Shogunle please is it a crime to have sex in your car?” the Twitter user had asked the Assistant Police Commissioner.

But Shogunle responded saying, “NO. Sex in a car in a public place is not a crime in Nigeria provided; 1. Location is not a place of worship, 2. Parties are 18 yrs+, 3. The act is consensual (agreed to by parties), 4. Parties are of opposite sex.”

The Police Officer added that “If threatened with an arrest over above, pls contact the PCRRU”.

But a quick look at the Criminal Code Act by SPY NIGERIA indicates that Mr Shogunle may have erred in his claim that having “Sex in a car in a public place is not a crime in Nigeria”

Contrary to the assertion by the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Section 231, subsection 1 and 2 of the of the Criminal Code says, “Any person who willfully and without excuse does any indecent act in a public place; or willfully does any indecent act in any place with intent to insult or offend any person; is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for two years”.

http://www.spynigeria.ng/2018/12/11/sex-in-the-car-did-police-spokesperson-yomi-shogunle-mislead-nigerians/
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by Olohunjedalo(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
The second I read that nonsense yomi said . I knew he was probably high on some cheap weed .
How can you say having sex in a car in a public place is not a crime when the wind screen , window and rear screens are all transparent and people passing by will be easily distracted

1 Like

Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by servercodes001: 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
The second I read that nonsense yomi said . I knew he was probably high on some cheap weed .
How can you say having sex in a car in a public place is not a crime when the wind screen , window and rear screens are all transparent and people passing by will be easily distracted

A legal act doesn't necessarily have to be socially okay
Be wise abeg
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by ngadaAwo: 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
[s]
Olohunjedalo:
[/s]
shatap
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
servercodes001:

A legal act doesn't necessarily have to be socially okay
Be wise abeg
Is causing public nuisance legal?
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by servercodes001: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Is causing public nuisance legal?
Why don't you ask the nass to amend the constitution
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
servercodes001:

Why don't you ask the nass to amend the constitution
Answer my question. Oga
You can’t even protest unnecessarily in Nigeria without notifying the police beforehand .
What do you know ?
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
servercodes001:

You're confused and uninformed
F.ucking in a car is legal
Your opinion doesn't mean shi.t
The constitution said so
So because (you) believe its a public nuisance, we should all ignore the fact of its legality
Now Gettt your dull self fhe f.uck outta here
Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J Dominique justwise ferano mukina2 obynoscopy
Rule 2
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by servercodes001: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J Dominique justwise ferano mukina2 obynoscopy
Rule 2
Keep wailing
I kicked your aas, youre out of words and no one is coming to your rescue
Re: ‘sex In The Car’: Did Police Spokesperson Yomi Shogunle Mislead Nigerians? by nrexzy: 5:15am On Dec 12, 2018
It's no crime.... U can drive to a reserved area n blow d steam off...

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria (no 2 Will Shock You) / Bus On Fire At Jakande Gate (oke-afa) Lagos. / Africa Initiative For Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2020/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.