Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,363 members, 7,957,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Please Help Identify These Birds - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Identify These Birds (728 Views)

What Are These Birds Called / Worst Day In Pigeon Racing History’ After 10,000 Birds Vanish Into Thin Air( Pix / Meet The Two Cute Baby Birds I Saw On My Inverter Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Identify These Birds by mcb60(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2018
We found these chicks, about 5 of them in someone's ceilings today.
We want to identify the birds and know the right authority to give then to.
Many people want them burnt but some of us refused. No one was able to identify them so I pointed out that they may be an endangered specie. Hence, very rare.
This might explain why nobody has seen them before.
The person who found them said there mother looks like a monkey with pure white color.
The birds are at Igando, Lagos.
If anyone knows who we can give the birds to, they should please drop a comment so, they can come pick them up.

Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2018
Lolz! @the right authority to give them to.

You think say you don travel out? Guy, wake up! This is Nigeria. grin

Ha! Na owl oh!! shocked

Evil! Devil dey have children under your roof. Your own don finish be that o.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by MicroSweet(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2018
Vultures
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by SKhanmi: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2018
Hmmm.....I was wrong. So Op what are you going to do with them now?
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by deleskizy: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
They white vulture. You can donate to a Zoo.
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
we caught this kind of bird & we killed it,throw it and run for your life na witch.
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by noona(f): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
They look like baby vultures though...
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by mcb60(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
MicroSweet:
Vultures
They ain't white vultures. they don't have the physical features of vultures
Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by georgepopsii(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2018
This is sure looks like an owl, think I've seen something like that on Nat geo if they can rotate ther head 120 degrees then it's possible it's an owl. You guys would have just left the little birds where you saw it so this mother would take care of them

1 Like

Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by Baroba(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2018
These are barn owl hatchlings... Not uncommon to find them nesting in open cellings, we use to hear them hissing at night in our hostel celing during my Uni days..You have done well not letting them get killed, Please return them back where you picked them, once they are able to fly, the will surely leave... these birds will die if not returned... ..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Identify These Birds by Baroba(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
georgepopsii:
This is sure looks like an owl, think I've seen something like that on Nat geo if they can rotate ther head 120 degrees then it's possible it's an owl. You guys would have just left the little birds where you saw it so this mother would take care of them

Exactly..well said..

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale.. / Please Help!!! I saw this on my dog / Pitbull Pups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.