Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? (2172 Views)

Poll: Who is the most versatile Nairalander?

Ajanlekoko: 10% (1 vote)
Dayokanu: 10% (1 vote)
Debosky: 10% (1 vote)
Ibime: 20% (2 votes)
None of the above: 50% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Some Set Of Persons Think They Owns Mr & Mrs Nairaland Contest / Handwriting Contest / The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party (2) (3) (4)

The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
Yeah, you're right, Jarus has come again!

The contest now is: Who is the most Versatile, currently active Nairalander?
I mean somebody that has something meaningful to say or knows something about virtually everything.

I have three people in mind: Dayokanu, Ibime, Ajanlekoko. I need two more nominations before I put up a poll and we will discuss these personalities, their strengths, their limitations!

Who wears the crown? Most versatile Nairalander? Full citations to come later. The floor is open!
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
Space reserved for citations of nominees.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
Dayokanu for me. grin
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by ElRazur: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
Why don't you just award it to the greatest Nairalander of all times - Seun. No? **insert roll eyes smiley here**

DayoKanu is way above the league of those two to be honest. Having said that, the list is entirely subjective. What is "versatile" to you, is not the same for everyone, so on that basis you cannot have a definitive list. Good luck.

PS
Just save us the trouble and award it to Seun. It won't be complete without the regular man-hugs and backside kissing that goes on around here.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by netotse(m): 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2010
it has to be dayokanu. . .Ajanlekoko and ibime dont do too badly but they're lacking a very vital gene. . .it's called ashewo123. . .dayokanu for president, no manifesto, no campaign!
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2010
I personally will give it to Ibime. Ibime to me is the most versatile Nairalander. He has something meaningful to say about virtually everything. Dayokanu is also very versatile, it is very rare for someone that playful to engage in serious debates, with fine points. Ajanlekoko is another very versatile guy here. He is into sports, career, political philosophy, but unlike the two previous guys, he is strictly serious and hardly engages in frivolous discussions. So its not a one-horse race as u may think, I personaly give it to Ibime but I want an open discussion.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by ElRazur: 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jarus, why are you fixated with awards? 

PS
Award it to Seun. He is the greatest nairalander of all times, or is he not?
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2010
Anyway, it would be between Dayokanu and Jarus.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by 1105(f): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^

mama-gee i would be sending u a mail soon 2 ur email addy~
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by netotse(m): 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
@el-razur
na wa for this hard-on you have for seun o. . .i'm definitely not one of his fans but your inability to free his matter astounds me

@jarus
ibime doesn't have DK's way with the ladies, you said versatile. . .ibime is always with the boys. . .you never find him in any of the ashewo threads, DK on the other hand consistently shows that he can bore you to death with political talk, constitute a nuisance on the arsenal thread, ask inane questions in religion and still chase almostevery eligible female on NL, what more could anyone ask for as concerns versatility?. . .lol

@mama-gee
pray tell, what do i have to do to get you to kiss my arse?. . .no joke!
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by ElRazur: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
netotse:

@el-razur
na wa for this hard-on you have for seun o. . .i'm definitely not one of his fans but your inability to free his matter astounds me

Nope. You need to understand some of the reason behind it. Jarus or so, made a list of the greatest nairalander ever and awarded it to seun. The list was a joke, and pardon me if I am using his own joke against him. grin grin

While some people take this place serious, I just see it as an avenue to laugh. Don't take me too serious. wink
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Tudor6(f): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jarus:

I personally will give it to Ibime. Ibime to me is the most versatile Nairalander. He has something meaningful to say about virtually everything. Dayokanu is also very versatile, it is very rare for someone that playful to engage in serious debates, with fine points. Ajanlekoko is another very versatile guy here. He is into sports, career, political philosophy, but unlike the two previous guys, he is strictly serious and hardly engages in frivolous discussions. So its not a one-horse race as u may think, I personaly give it to Ibime but I want an open discussion.
Hope this is not a BRIBE since Ibime considers you Mr Jarus a ''useless journalist''

I too think you are a wacky jealousy driven asslicking excuse for a writer, do I get an award too
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by MissyB1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2010
Tudór:

Hope this is not a BRIBE since Ibime considers you Mr Jarus a ''useless journalist''

I too think you are a wacky jealousy driven  asslicking excuse for a writer, do I get an award too
The Tudòr I like!!! grin grin
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2010
Mama-gee is the most versatile.

She can annoy people from romance to sports to politics with her pink fonts and often irrelevant comments. grin grin

*Still got nothing but love for you mg wink*
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by 1105(f): 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^
so dobosky u don dey toast mama-gee up and down now abi?
na me and u for this nairaland~ angry angry
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
Debosky is the most versatile.

He can surprise people from Sports to romance to nairaland popping out from almost nowhere.

*Still got nothing but admiration for you debo* cheesy
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by 1105(f): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^
Mama-gee did u get my email~
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by netotse(m): 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2010
@debosky
pleeeeeaaaaseeeee i'm on my knees begging you. . .tell me what cream you use? i need some of that stuff

@tudor
you's is one mean gyal, i'm torn between wondering if you're trying to bait jarus(but on some level i think you know he wont fall) ot just stating your mind. . .
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mukina2: 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
debosky:

Mama-gee is the most versatile.

She can annoy people from romance to sports to politics with her pink fonts and often irrelevant comments. grin grin

*Still got nothing but love for you mg wink*
i almost choked grin grin grin grin
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
190.:

^^
Mama-gee did u get my email~
Did you send me an email?

Sorry, you won't be getting a reply from me. embarassed

mukina2:

i almost choked grin grin grin grin
So, what did you almost choke on?

Did you almost choke on peas? tongue
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by denzel2009: 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2010
Is it thesame Dayokanu that is about to somersault via thunderbolt?
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by 1105(f): 11:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
mukina2:

i almost choked    grin grin grin grin
Muki
How far now, wit the release of my 190 ID cry cry

@mama-gee
yes i sent u a mail.check it out, 1st b4 u complain~
looking forward 2 hearing from u
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^Get over it already.

You just can't continue to stalk mukina, you haven't even made improvements in your behaviour and you want to get unbanned.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Dimka76(m): 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
190.:

Muki
How far now, wit the release of my 190 ID cry cry

@mama-gee
yes i sent u a mail.check it out, 1st b4 u complain~
looking forward 2 hearing from u
[/quote

Look leave her! Youself! This your love is frightening! Hope u wont be a stalker in real life o, or it is even the shakara dats trippin you?[/
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by oyinda3(f): 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
i vote for mama-gee as well. she's everywhere with her annoying pink font  tongue
no offence

read this without straining your eyes:
mama-gee:

^^Get over it already.

You just can't continue to stalk mukina, you haven't even made improvements in your behaviour and you want to get unbanned.

Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2010
Yawns. . .

It's not as if oyinda is stating something we haven't read before. grin
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Razur,
I av neva hidden my admiration for awards. Its a trait I'm known for from high school and I don't av any regrets. I was even the award committee chair in my final year in varsity. I even have an annual thread on Top 10 Nairalanders since 2008n which is entering its 3rd year. And fyi, I initiated the sectional poster of the year award at the moderators board. So ranking/rating/award is what I enjoy doing, and no regrets.

That said, what exactly is your problem with me. Yes, I put Seun as No 1 in 50 greatest Nairalanders of all time,where is ass licking here? The president of Nigeria automatically bags GCFR, the highest honour in the land. And fyi again, I'm not an asslicker, I say it as it is. Despite being his mods, I was part of the mods that challenged and faulted his actions in a recent issue in the hallowed Mods section. I can tell anybody anything to his face, but will never do so just for doing sake. I believe if somebody deserves a praise, there is nothing wrong in showering them on him/her and if same person does an act that deserves criticism, tell him to his face. But I'm not one of those pseudo-progressives, Gani-wannabes, who try to impress people by criticizing everything without bringing forward any practicable way forward.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Dimka76(m): 12:00am On Aug 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Debosky is the most versatile.

He can surprise people from Sports to romance to nairaland popping out from almost nowhere.

*Still got nothing but admiration for you debo* cheesy

Wonders!!! I cant believe she let it pass!!! If it was poor  love struck 190 he would be passed thru a meat grinder!
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by netotse(m): 12:02am On Aug 03, 2010
@jarus
why do you like the awards thingy so much?
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by mamagee3(f): 12:10am On Aug 03, 2010
^^Exactly!

I wonder what's with the obsession with unofficial award threads.
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by oyinda3(f): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2010
Jarus, if u can't buy the winners any plaques or give them cash gifts etc, i suggest u stop opening these topics. seriously
Re: The Grand Contest: Most Versatile Nairalander? by Jarus(m): 12:16am On Aug 03, 2010
@Tudor,
I have been a great fan of Ibime even if he made that statement about my 'useless journalism' which was even very obvious he was just pulling my legs in that thread. Whether Ibime criticizes me or not, he remains one of the Nairalanders I respect for his versatility, brilliance and fact-based argument skills. Will that opinion about him change if he comes here to criticize me? Capital No. That is my opinion about him and it can only change if I notice a major, consistent, unpardonable drift in these qualities I respect him for, not because he criticizes me. Even if he comes here to call me a dullard, a useless journalist, that will not change mmy opinion about him. In fact I'm happy he's not someone that sees from the same lens with me in ost

Snake Charmer;meet Taxi Man Who Loves Catching Snakes,has Freed Over 40,000 / Nairalanders What Do You Call Armpit Tickling In Your Native Language! (pic) / Meet Seun Adigun| Ngozi Onwumere|Akuoma Omega First Athletes To Reach Olympics