Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party (11725 Views)

Poll: Are You Attending The GRAND NAIRALAND PARTY?

YES! WHEREVER, WHENEVER!: 23% (13 votes)
NO! NEVER!: 7% (4 votes)
YES! But Only If It's In Lagos: 44% (25 votes)
YES! But Only If It's In Abuja.: 12% (7 votes)
NO! Because I'm Not In The Country.: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Fish Eats Drowned Guy At Elegushi Beach (PHOTO) / Azonto Beach Party / Get A Free Invite To Kinky Beach Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 3:08am On Sep 02, 2011
I posted the topic ( https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-565747.0.html )  regarding a Nairaland Beach Party several months back, and after about 6 pages of posts of comments, suggestions, and opinions, it now about that time, and this time around we have to start planning now if we intend to finally break the jinx crippling all effort at hosting a Grand Nairaland Party.

This forum has about 750,000 registered members, and more than 1.5 million unrgistered users. all that is required is coordination and planning, and it all starts now. Please indicate via the poll whether attending or not, additionally, you can visit the event page on Facebook (hopefully nairaland will soon have its own event application so we don't keep borrowing). http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=243051199070372&ref=nf

I believe if we can host Nigerian Facebook Parties, and Nigerian Twitter Parties, we can do more with what is truly Nigerian.

For those interested, please let's open a

line of communication

Nejeeb Bello

TU Global Concerns Concepts Ltd. (RC:738908)
12, Apostolic Church Street, Ajao Estate, Lagos.
Phone: +234 813 422 7113     +2341 841 7813
BBM: 32479C0C
email: barbaricbar@yahoo.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/BarBaricBar
twitter: www.twitter.com/Bar_Baric  or  @Bar_Bar

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 6:07am On Sep 05, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=243051199070372

Please only those who are certain of attending should indicate "ATTENDING" on the event page because lots of arrangements are being made.

32479C0C
nexbestthing@yahoo.com

We're making this happen big time.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by harakiri(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2011
Very good concept. I subscribe.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by jjgirljay(f): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2011
Attending. What's the event date o
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2011
We're making the date 26th of November because of some potential sponsors' other engagements in the month od December. So I just chatted with the Managing Director of Charvet Group, for sponsorship of the event. Charvet group is the producer of Kiss Mix in Nigeria ( www.kiss-mix.com or http://www.facebook.com/KissMixVODKA ). They are also the only approved marketer of Power Horse in Nigeria. The MD has promised to sponsor the event in kind, in fact in his own words, "any thing for you is approved by me".

So we're focused on what we're doing, and we will make it the biggest party ever in Nigeria.

Please ensure to save my contact details just in case, and also send me yours if you would like to be a part of the planning committee. We have a group on BlackBerry for that.

Phone: +234 813 422 7113 +2341 841 7813
twitter: www.twitter.com/Bar_Baric or @Bar_Bar

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2011
Please, contribute your comments, statements, or suggestions. I know the Nigerian factor may want to make us say there's lots of time left, but there really is not. Planning has to start now.

A couple of people have called, texted, and also messaged me via BBM, let's keep in touch. I'll upload the BlackBerry Barcode for those who want to be part of the planning committee.

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2011
This time, we're doing it big, we've got a potential sponsor, and from the entire 749,386 members of Nairaland, we need at least 1000 people to attend. Most of you will be shocked at the effort we're going to put into this, and it's already begun. This year, we're going to have this party; The biggest party Naija ever saw. Tell'em NEX say so! Na GOD!

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by orgasm(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
I do fancy your idea of a grand party for this great forum and will love to partake in it. But is proper we are aquaint with the position of things. Is the owner of this forum,seun osewa,aware of this? Has he given his expressed or implied permission or is he part of the whole p
roject? The reason i ask is cOs i believe Nairaland is a trademark and i believe he has sole ownership. So Any activity dat wl involve the name nairaland, be it business or pleasu
re,should have his endorsement,except proven otherwise, to give it its legality. Thanks.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by tareola(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
9ice koncept,im interested
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by Welder(m): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
orgasm, u got a point there. . . oya organiser come and answer.

In between, i hope the chics t guy ratio will be 5:1
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by Emeka72(m): 6:54am On Sep 14, 2011
I'd like 2 attend, but I insist dat dis party must be approved of by Seun.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by dapachez: 8:14am On Sep 14, 2011
This makes so much sense,I subscribe and a$ looking foward to it
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
I have already sent Seun an email regarding this matter more than a week ago, and I'm awaiting his reply.

I believe if Nairalanders show much interest and readiness in this party, he will show his support for it.

In addition, even if Seun does not see the mail to grant approval, we have sold cars on Nairaland without Seun's written approval, we've rented houses and sold parcels of land on Nairaland without Seun's express approval. So I really don't see why we can't arrange a party on Nairaland.

There are more thank half a million topics on Nairaland, so if Seun does not notice this one to endorse it, that doesn't mean we will cancel it. Unless of course he posts it that he doesn't want Nairaland members to use this forum as an avenue to meet each other and party together. Otherwise, the show goes on.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by orgasm(m): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2011
@nex,i disagree with ur submissions.
Ur Analysis reek of arrogance and disrespect. If U̶̲̥̅̊ had made deals n transactions tru nairaland dat was done using the forum as a channel but organising meeting under the umbrella of nairaland is a different ball game entirely cos you are taking the whole forum to wherever location n Anything dat goes on there,action or inaction is believed to be the ideology of the forum.now can dat be done wen the owner is not in d knoWing that his forum is being represented or misrepresented somewhere. How do you go ask for sponsorship without d knowledge n presence of the owner of the forum? What did you tell the company that you the owner of the forum or an Appointed representative? For U̶̲̥̅̊ go to get a sponsor U̶̲̥̅̊ hv Already acted as an impostor and impersonator dat is wrong.for the sake of members can U̶̲̥̅̊ pls tell us ‎​​ЂƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡w U̶̲̥̅̊ introduced ur sef to the company that promised to sponsor the party? If U̶̲̥̅̊ serious n care to b modest about the party, send seun a reminder on d mail U̶̲̥̅̊ earlier sent. U̶̲̥̅̊ r stealing from a hardworking young man. Do d needful b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ drag some innocent forum members into ur crime. I repeat, NAIRALAND is a brand n wat U̶̲̥̅̊ r about to do is identity theft. Is not moral for U̶̲̥̅̊ to take a man's household that includes his wife n children out in a date i
n his absence and call the party by d name of the household of the man who doesn't have an
inkling of d party. U̶̲̥̅̊ r even rude about it by saying his awareness or endorsement is not important and the party can go on.comon friend U̶̲̥̅̊ can't give out wat U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt have. Nairaland doesn't belong to U̶̲̥̅̊ so gv regards to those that is due. This is worse than paglarism and plaglarism is even a serious crime.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by ignis: 10:08am On Sep 16, 2011
Lol
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by jjgirljay(f): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ orgasm take it easy o, ki la be ki la ju.

you sound too serious,@ seun over to you,please let us know your stand on this
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by jjgirljay(f): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ orgasm   take it easy o, ki la be ki la ju.

you sound too serious,@ seun over to you,please let us know your stand on this
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by orgasm(m): 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
@nex &jjgirljay Sorry if i was harsh was jst trying to pass a msg tru
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by Sanjanets(f): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
Attending! Where's da venue?
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by r231(m): 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
Nice idea
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
We're planning on making Oniru Beach, Lagos the venue. It will take a place like that to host an adequate number of Nairalanders.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2011
I am going to formally meet with Charvet Group tomorrow. Based on the show of interest, I'm working with an average figure of 1,000 possible attendees. As always, my contact information is always available.

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by graychuks(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nice idea am attending,
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2011
@Graychucks

Good. It's happening, and we need at least 1,000 people to attend.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by oblo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
Will definately attend , but has Seun given the go ahead yet?
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 12:44am On Oct 02, 2011
So far, only 8 people have agreed to attend this party, yet it's next month. Let's be ready. Nothing will be done at the eleventh hour.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by emorse(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2011
They r all probably waitin for seun's approval. I'm interested but seun has the final say.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by emorse(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2011
Who knows, if u succeed in gainin seun's approval, he could offer you an an advert space on the home screen. That'll really go a long way in helpin this cause.
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
To prevent any confusion, as a member is trying to insinuate, I have changed the name of the event from the Grand Nairaland Party, to the Grand Nigeria Party. I hope that name will do Nairaland proud.

I have also sent our final analysis and projections for the event to some sponsors, and we copied Seun too.

For those who want to be part of the planning and organizing of this event, or people who want to support it, please contact me via any of the channels below.

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 3:43am On Oct 07, 2011
I've just resent the message to Seun this very morning too, and let's all hope he wants to be a part of the event, otherwise we may need to carry with the people who indicate interest.

There's also an event page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=243051199070372&ref=nf

For any further information or for suggestions

Nejeeb Bello

Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by nex(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2011
Indicate via the polls, and by posting on the page. Nodding of heads in approval will not earn you a spot on this party train. Make your stand known!
Re: The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party by Segunagagu(m): 5:30am On Oct 08, 2011
Nex av done dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Insults Yoruba Mothers Use Very Well / Lagos Is The Smallest State In Nigeria / Nigeria Police Force(npf) Ranks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.