Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

South East Gets Respite As South East Development Commission Bills Sails Through - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Gets Respite As South East Development Commission Bills Sails Through (235 Views)

South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe / Alison Madueke Autobiography: ‘Riding The Storms With God In My Sails’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South East Gets Respite As South East Development Commission Bills Sails Through by IkpuMmadu: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2018
The Nigerian Civil war ended close to fifty years ago, but the South East region and the Igbo land felt shortchanged and also they haven't been made to feel reintegrated. Over the years successive government have either overlooked the region or downplayed it's importance. This narrative will be changing soon with the passing of South East Development Commission Bill which was spearheaded by Senator Ike Ekweremadu and others and supported by other senators.

Speaking on the bill, Senator Ike Ekweremadu used his social media pages to thank Nigerians in this epoch making bill. In his words , he said "I thank my colleagues in the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for passing the South East Development Commission Bill today. Senators Samuel Anyanwu and Stella Oduah sponsored the Bill."

He added that "The Bill, when it eventually becomes law, will bring on board the South East Development Commission to serve as a catalyst for speedy and cohesive development in the region. It will help the region to address its peculiar challenges, especially in the area of socio-economic infrastructure."

"Therefore, this is a quantum leap towards the development of the South East region and ensuring a sense of belonging and justice to all", he concluded.

This bill would make the Igbo ana South East region of the country to be pacified and carried along. Nigerians have considered this bill as a good move in the right direction aimed at resting the "frayed nerves" of the region.Most importantly, the bill has the capability and capacity to leap frog the region to an industrial hub which the Igbo are noted for and possibly bring the Obuaku/Azumini inland port project to life.
https://etimes.com.ng/igboland-gets-respite-as-south-east-development-commission-bills-sails-through/

1 Like

Re: South East Gets Respite As South East Development Commission Bills Sails Through by Nuel042: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2018
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Delta Assembly Goes On Christmas Holidays, Reopen January, 15, 2019 / 2019: My Relationship With Anyim, Umahi Cordial — Hon. Okorie / Happy Birthday President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.