Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe (13807 Views)

2023: I’ll Handle Security While Tinubu Will Handle Economy - Shettima / I’ll Step On People’s Toes In Environmental Sanitation Policies – Wike / "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Celebrates: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2022
A 2023 Presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr Doyin Okupe, has vowed to voluntarily step down from the presidential race if there’s a national concession to give the South-East the Presidency in 2023.

The former Presidential spokesperson stated this during an interview on City 105.1FM with Reuben Abati.

While making reference to the consensus made in 1998, which saw to the emergence of former president Olusegun Obasanjo, he explained that he would support a candidate like Mr Peter Obi who, he says, has the much-needed credentials to move the nation forward.

Okupe said: “Of all the people who have come out to declare their interests for the Presidency, I believe that I am the most qualified.

“I have worked with two former presidents which gave me the opportunity to understudy them and learn from them and this has prepared me well.

“He also stated that if elected, he would ensure that the country has a more sustainable yielding asset away from crude oil.“As a political veteran, the post of the presidency is a highly competitive one and it must be contested even when there’s a consensus amongst the parties.

“The office of the Presidency which is to be contested in 2023 is a competitive one, which must be made open for everyone to contest,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/2023-ill-step-down-if-south-east-gets-presidency-okupe/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by onez: 7:44am On Jan 25, 2022
It would have been incontestable in giving southeast the presidency if Nigeria is still united. But we are living in a different era. Buhari has torn the fabric of unity in this country. A common sense of even giving Easterners the post of Secretary to federal govt would have starved Nnamdi KANU of followership. Unimaginable cost is now been deployed in funding the army to keep Nigeria from disintegrating. I remember when people mourn when a soldier lose their life in fighting boko haram. Now nobody cares. Some folks even rejoice. Patriotism is now at the lowest. Of what benefit to the unity of the country in south west having both the Vice presidency and speakership?. It's not political sagacity but foolishness. Common sense is not really common.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by chatinent: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2022

8 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by tyson98: 7:47am On Jan 25, 2022
Okupe the indomie brain man

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Shedrack777: 7:49am On Jan 25, 2022
there's no need for you to step down you've already been defeated

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2022
cheesy Good and fine,but how are we that the SE would get the presidency, with the politics of bitterness we play.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Shetemi12(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2022
You mean the dot in a circle region or the 5% people

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Aidejay(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2022
Wise choice.
Very wise choice.
Cause I don't see up to 10 people voting for him. Infact he will not scale through the primaries talkless of general elections.
So as a level headed thinking human being he should start preparing to step down aka (get out of the way) for the emergence of a more popular and credible candidate.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Penguin2: 7:58am On Jan 25, 2022
Joker!

Don’t wait until Southeast gets the presidency before you step down.

Step down and support the Southeast to get the presidency if you so much love the Southeast.

First it was Dokpesi talking about Atiku stepping down for Southeast after one term.

Now, Doyin Okupe talking about stepping down if Southeast gets the presidency.

All these rhetorics about Southeast shows that they all know it’s the turn of the Southeast but ojukokoro won’t let them leave for us what is ours.

But how would you blame them when Tinubu is leading the way?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by DMerciful(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2022
For Equity and justice, it's SE or NE or NC turn!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by everythinggirly(f): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Step down nau!
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by emmykk(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Currently the south is divided but as soon as Tinubu get the presidency the north will be divided like the south,how do I mean.

In 2031 when Tinubu will be through with his North East VP the North west will be rooting to be president after producing yardua and buhari..

What is happening in the south now will be happening in the north.

But I strongly believe next election will produce a Northern president from North east because any of the major party that gives it presidential ticket to a Southern will lost completely
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by chieveboy(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2022
Why do I feel a Wike is what Nigeria needs? A lot of cleanup needs to be done and Wike is the only person amongst the aspirants I feel has the will power and balls.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Goldbw122(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2022
That is a wrong bet to place
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
He is irrelevant....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by israelmao(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
Did you stand any chance before?

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by tnerro1(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
Nigerians be careful, this is the season of yahoo yahoo politicians
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by TheSameGuy(m): 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
Unfortunately none of them is qualified to preside over the zoo's affairs
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Lexusgs430: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
BatedAnD:
Anybody except that senile old man

Osinbajo or Peter Obi are the two best candidate from the evil parties

Zulum and Abia State governor (president)
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Sunnycliff(m): 8:03am On Jan 25, 2022
If the south east can't have the presidency, let the North continue to rule... QED

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Okhuadams(m): 8:03am On Jan 25, 2022
You step up or you step down you no fit win primary talk less of the presidency
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by naijaguy123456(m): 8:03am On Jan 25, 2022
He can’t win a local government election not to talk of presidential primary.
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by TheSameGuy(m): 8:03am On Jan 25, 2022
Chinedu, go and hawk gala
1714fourteen:
[s][/s]

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Opexzy: 8:03am On Jan 25, 2022
Celebrates:

Okupe said: “Of all the people who have come out to declare their interests for the Presidency, I believe that I am the most qualified.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/2023-ill-step-down-if-south-east-gets-presidency-okupe/

What exactly did you learned from them... Corruption?
Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by ManMountain(m): 8:04am On Jan 25, 2022
Lol. Everyone is playing Ibos like ludo

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by ManMountain(m): 8:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Sunnycliff:
If the south east can't have the presidency, let the North continue to rule... QED

Ok! Let them have it then. But no party will micro-zone the whole Presidency to SE

It’s the turn of the South! Simple! Compete with other southerners or GTFO!

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by LordEclipse: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2022
Celebrates:

OUK for president.. Only Igbos can better this Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani ruined nation..

1 Like

Re: 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe by Savasho: 8:07am On Jan 25, 2022
Anybody except Tinubu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meeting Of APC Presidential Aspirants Postponed As Osinbajo Travels Abroad / Rivers State: Gale Of Defection Hits Ubima PDP / Terrorists Invade Mosque In Katsina, Kill Three, Abduct Several Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.