Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo (1626 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet: Shocker Awaits APC Godfathers - Tribuneonline / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / We Don't Have Godfathers In APC -- El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by chyz(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2010
[size=18pt]
Cabal, godfathers in PDP to go next month –Nwodo[/size]

By CHIDI OBINECHE
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, took his message of change in the party several octaves high on Sunday night when he threatened to disgrace those who still bring “Ghana-must-go bags” to him. He also warned PDP governors and other aspirants for political offices to stop visiting him in his house.

He spoke to an elite gathering of party chieftains and editors in Lagos on his 40th day anniversary in office.
Nwodo, who was agitated, spoke with revolutionary fervour. He said: “In spite of my directives on my inaugural day that people should not bring “Ghana-must-go” bags to our office, they are still doing that. Anyone, who tries it again, I’ll disgrace him publicly.

“I have told our governors not to come to my house. If they want to see me, let them come to the office. Aspirants should not come again to the secretariat. Let them go and campaign, win the people’s hearts. Our primary elections’ll be transparent. You don’t need to see anybody, and nobody will change your result,” he said.
Unveiling his new agenda for change, Nwodo, who was National Secretary of the party for three years, said a mini-convention is being planned for next month to give bite to the new vision and “remove the last vestiges of the cabal” that has made it impossible for the best materials to fly the banner of the party.

He regretted that a few people have held the party and country to ransom over the years, despite the lofty dreams of the founding fathers.
Affirming his burning desire to get the party back on track in the best traditions of democracy, he spoke of far-reaching plans to halt the image of a “winning machine” which it has earned for itself, saying: “We won elections, but not the hearts of the people.

“We now want to win their hearts – no more a winning machine, and running civilian dictatorship.”
He said the envisaged reforms would be all-encompassing, beginning from the national secretariat with the soul aim of re-inventing the PDP.
“We want people to know the meaning of the colours of the party, its manifestos, and the umbrella symbol.
“We chose the colour white because this country has seen blood through colonialism and civil war. We want peace. We chose red because of the sacrifice of our leaders past, who fought and died for its unity.”

He warned that those basking in the magic of godfatherism, or use of national might to write results for them have missed it; advising all political office aspirants to work hard, campaign and win.
He lamented that the dream of making Nigeria a referral centre on health matters conceived in 1998 was aborted.
On the primacy of the party manifestos in the new scheme of things, Nwodo warned that nobody will fly the party’s banner again without reading and comprehending its manifestos.

“This is the covenant we have with the people. Time has gone when all those things happened. All they had was a mandate to line their pockets, to remain in office at whatever cost, and to settle their godfathers.
“We are working with experts to reform and update our manifestos, to make it workable. We have to make a change. There’s nothing absolutely impossible to do in this country. PDP has resolved to call upon courageous men and women, who can do it.”
Nwodo said plans were under way to embark on aggressive membership drive and on-line registration of faithful to advance the goals of inclusiveness and independence.

He said, “because elections were no longer competitive, attention was focused on how to get into the cabal and share the resources of our nation.
“No one can run this party anymore as a personal property, choosing, who to belong to the party and who will not.”
He said the membership registration fee of N1,200 and 5 per cent of the salaries of office holders were now compulsory to accelerate its financial leverage.
“Financial independence of the party will make it impossible for some people to control it. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. We will finance our candidates to a reasonable extent. We don’t want interferences by governments and moneybags.” Nwodo noted that the proposed constitution amendment next month will outlaw thuggery with a penalty of instant disqualification for aspirants found culpable.

He said that since President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to deliver credible, free and fair elections next year, no stone would be left unturned in achieving it.
“The culture of indignity must go. If people do it elsewhere, why can’t we do it?
The slogan “power” had been cornered by godfathers and godmothers.”
He appealed to the media to assist in the new drive for a decent democratic culture, vowing to be willing to pay the supreme sacrifice in its pursuit.
“I took an oath in my church in Enugu before the blessed sacrament that a mustard seed must die for a new tree to grow. I offer my life, so that we can have great men to lead this country.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/03/national-03-08-2010-001.htm
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by chyz(m): 7:27am On Aug 03, 2010
This is the change they need, Hope he has tight security
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by matiltomd(f): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2010
chyz:

[size=18pt]
Cabal, godfathers in PDP to go next month –Nwodo[/size]

By CHIDI OBINECHE
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He said that since President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to deliver credible, free and fair elections next year, no stone would be left unturned in achieving it.
“The culture of indignity must go. If people do it elsewhere, why can’t we do it?
The slogan “power” had been cornered by godfathers and godmothers.
He appealed to the media to assist in the new drive for a decent democratic culture, vowing to be willing to pay the supreme sacrifice in its pursuit.
“I took an oath in my church in Enugu before the blessed sacrament that a mustard seed must die for a new tree to grow. I offer my life, so that we can have great men to lead this country.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/03/national-03-08-2010-001.htm

So they have godmothers too? Waoh! *Kalu's Mum i guess*
Come to think of it,is this not the same Nwodo who said "Zoning is Dead" only for him to make a U-Turn the next day? I don't trust this man.
You offer your life? How "Jesusish" grin
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Beaf: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
Unveiling his new agenda for change, Nwodo, who was National Secretary of the party for three years, said a mini-convention is being planned for next month to give bite to the new vision and “remove the last vestiges of the cabal” that has made it impossible for the best materials to fly the banner of the party.

Does this mean IBB is finally getting the boot from PDP next month? shocked
No wonder his out of the blue rant over the weekend, that nobody can dislodge him from PDP. Hmmmmm!

We be whatchin' cool
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by sjeezy8: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
bullshiot
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Initial gra gra

Nwodo should chill and not allow himself to be used like a little boy.

He should not do anybody's dirty work for them, let the simple majority carry the day.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
This is the same Nwodo that essentially LIED TO ALL OF NIGERIA on PDP Zoning, initially claiming it was NO More, only to retract claiming it was of no significance. But it turns out Zoning was part of PDP structure. Are we now to believe the man has educated himself on reality or something?
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This is the same Nwodo that essentially LIED TO ALL OF NIGERIA on PDP Zoning, initially claiming it was NO More, only to retract claiming it was of no significance. But it turns out Zoning was part of PDP structure. Are we now to believe the man has educated himself on reality or something?

I still can not get my head around how you could be against something and yet promoting the sustainance of the same thing.

You should either clamour to promote zoning within PDP if you like it or ask for it to be killed one way or the other if you dont.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by chidichris(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
nwodo shld shut up his mouth. nigerians have had enough of these criminals'deciet.
it is the same old stories. who made him chairman of the party? godfathers.
who are the owners of pdp? godfathers. who are controling this country? godfathers.
if one looks at the structure, business and everything pdp stands for, one can easily see that pdp cannot exist without godfathers.
they can never win any elections without their godfatherism and wuru-wuru. very soon, nwodo will be facing the same music his predecessor faced.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
mikeansy:

I still can not get my head around how you could be against something and yet promoting the sustainance of the same thing.

You should either clamour to promote zoning within PDP if you like it or ask for it to be killed one way or the other if you dont.

Why? So I could be like you? NO, I am sorry . . . I am above that!
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by onyengbu1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

looks like this PDP zoning issue gives you an 3rect1on. If not I dont see why it matters so much to u again when even that with the  so called structure in place, PDP have NEVER conducted their election under it.

This zoning issue must be giving you an 3rect1on because I dont see why you keep harping on it. Even though it has mattered to PDP itself since they have never conducted any of their elections with the so called zoning structure.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2010
I am just going to cut out the part that even resembles reason . . .
onye_ngbu:

PDP have NEVER conducted their election under it.

How do you know the above is the case? Can you prove this to be the case or are you, as usual, unable to separate that which is manufactured out of feelings of fear or something of that sort from facts and reality?
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am just going to cut out the part that even resembles reason . . .
How do you know the above is the case? Can you prove this to be the case or are you, as usual, unable to separate that which is manufactured out of feelings of fear or something of that sort from facts and reality?

I keep telling you this. If your knowledge of Nigerian politics is limited, it is not the case for everyone else.

1999 Rimi a Northerner ran against OBJ a Southerner in PDP Primaries

2003 Gemade a Northerner ran against OBJ a Southerner in PDP Primaries

2007 Okorocha a Southerner ran against Yar'adua a Northerner in PDP Primaries.

In all cases their votes were counted and recognised by the PDP, nobody was disqualified based on geography. In fact in 2007 PDP announced that Rochas Okorocha came second in the Primaries. They did not disqualify any of these guys for coming from the wrong zone.

So just like Onye_ngbu said, PDP has not practiced zoning in any of their elections based on the background of the contestants.

If PDP has been zoning results and rigging and some people want to continue that in 2011 then they should let us know. We are hoping to end rigging. If Kobojunkie is hoping for zoning PDP primary results even before a charade election is conducted then please Kobo kindly let us know that this is what you want.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
mikeansy:

I keep telling you this. If your knowledge of Nigerian politics is limited, it is not the case for everyone else.

1999 Rimi a Northerner ran against OBJ a Southerner in PDP Primaries

2003 Gemade a Northerner ran against OBJ a Southerner in PDP Primaries

2007 Okorocha a Southerner ran against Yar'adua a Northerner in PDP Primaries.

In all cases their votes were counted and recognised by the PDP, nobody was disqualified based on geography. In fact in 2007 PDP announced that Rochas Okorocha came second in the Primaries. They did not disqualify any of these guys for coming from the wrong zone.

So just like Onye_ngbu said, PDP has not practiced zoning in any of their elections based on the background of the contestants.

If PDP has been zoning results and rigging and some people want to continue that in 2011 then they should let us know. We are hoping to end rigging. If Kobojunkie is hoping for zoning PDP primary results even before a charade election is conducted then please Kobo kindly let us know that this is what you want.

I am sure I have responded to this reasoning for over 20 times on this forum already.  No point going into it again . . . what I want now is FACTS not skimmed facts -- facts showing that even in those, Zoning was not applied. Else, you are just going in circles and not hitting any new heights as usual with this.  And as always, I am not about to or ever going to start thinking or seeing things as you do.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
How can zoning be applied when all were allowed to contest?

The only way they could have applied zoning in such circumstance is to zone the result to one person before an election that all were meant to partake. Is that a practice you want PDP to continue?

The fact that all were allowed to contest also means that Jonathan has every right to contest and can not be asked not to based on zoning. This is the crux of the matter. So when you say you will like to know this and that when the answer to those questions are starring you in the face; its only fair to appreciate why we are all bemused at your attitude towards this issue.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
By the way I am not asking you to see things as I do but when you come on a public forum you owe a duty not to make ridiculous arguments for the sake of it because you will be called out on them.

All we need to do is apply common sense at all times.

The objectives of debates here is to learn more and be informed on the issue not a contest on who will type last.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2010
mikeansy:

How can zoning be applied when all were allowed to contest?

That you don't see how it can remains the issue I have with the fluff logic you have been offering me on this issue. Not until you realize that allowing others contest has nothing to do with zoning itself will you probably be able to offer me anything close to reality on this.

You gave the example of a company posting a job opening and people from all works of life being able to apply. Yet somehow it seems you are unable to apply that here. Even a job post for a CEO will attract applications from Janitors, bus drivers, self-employed persons, etc. Only most of these are filtered out during the selection process during which only qualified candidates will be considered in the end. But no, it seems too hard for you to see how similar this can be to the picking process in PDP .  . .  sigh!

mikeansy:

By the way I am not asking you to see things as I do but when you come on a public forum you owe a duty not to make ridiculous arguments for the sake of it because you will be called out on them.

All we need to do is apply common sense at all times.

The objectives of debates here is to learn more and be informed on the issue not a contest on who will type last.

In essence, if I do not think as you do on PDP zoning, my argument is ridiculous? !!  ROFLMAO!!!

I was not born yesterday  . . . I have seen a lot of people like you there . . . argue your side(since you are too quick to pick a side on issues) and move on o'jare!
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
That you don't see how it can remains the issue I have with the fluff logic you have been offering me on this issue. Not until you realize that allowing others contest has nothing to do with zoning itself will you probably be able to offer me anything close to reality on this.

You gave the example of a company posting a job opening and people from all works of life being able to apply. Yet somehow it seems you are unable to apply that here. Even a job post for a CEO will attract applications from Janitors, bus drivers, self-employed persons, etc. Only most of these are filtered out during the selection process during which only qualified candidates will be considered in the end. But no, it seems too hard for you to see how similar this can be to the picking process in PDP .  . .  sigh!

The current debate about zoning is  not about who will be picked but who can contest. Folks are asking Jonathan not to contest at all based on zoning. That is something that has never happened in the history of PDP because PDP primaries have always featured candidates from both North and South.

How you don't get it is shocking.

Just like in my previous analogy using recruitment. Why can't Jonathan Goodluck be that Janitor making some blind application for the job of a CEO. Based on the previous history of PDP why can't Jonathan Goodluck be the Rimi or Gemade or Okorocha in this election. Why are they saying he can not participate at all?
Asking Jonathan not to participate at all if he wants to in the primary process is an innovation as far as PDP history goes.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
This may be an attempt to de-register some people from the party. . .they've done it before.mschewwww
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Just like in my previous analogy using recruitment. Why can't Jonathan Goodluck be that Janitor making some blind application for the job of a CEO.
Probably because Jonathan is NOT a Janitor here - he is the COMPANY BOSS/PARTY LEADER now. . He is the one that wields the power here and is able to BRIBE his way to getting the job, even though it ought to go to only those who are qualified(from qualifying zones). There is likely the fear that if he applies for the job, he might go a step further and get himself the position since he is party leader and sitting president.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Probably because Jonathan is NOT a Janitor here - he is the COMPANY BOSS/PARTY LEADER now. . He is the one that wields the power here and is able to BRIBE his way to getting the job, even though it ought to go to only those who are qualified(from qualifying zones). There is likely the fear that if he applies for the job, he might go a step further and get himself the position since he is party leader and sitting president.

So thats shifting the goal post now? making up the rules as the they go? is that that the kind of behaviour you are approving for a party that could potentially produce the next President of Nigeria? It is no rocket science, Nigerians are as good as their leaders.

Shifting the goal post is not how to conduct the affairs of 150 million people. Let everyone contest. Jonathan is not the brightest candidate. If the North want Presidency they should present a superior candidate and win the process fairly.

Free and Fair elections is what we should be asking for in 2011. Internal democracy in PDP where every party delegate has just one vote is what we should be asking for in 2011.

Jonathan will contest. He is not guaranteed to win. The North can still produce the next President if they can present a candidate good enough. But the Presidency should not fall on anybody's lap again. We don't need another Shagari or Yar'adua.

Have a nice day. BYE
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2010
mikeansy:

So thats shifting the goal post now? making up the rules as the they go? is that that the kind of behaviour you are approving for a party that could potentially produce the next President of Nigeria? It is no rocket science, Nigerians are as good as their leaders.
Shifting the goal post is not how to conduct the affairs of 150 million people. Let everyone contest. Jonathan is not the brightest candidate. If the North want Presidency they should present a superior candidate and win the process fairly.

WOW . . . Shifting the goal post? What goal post? Your response is so disconnected I don't even know if I should continue at all . . and blaming me? what the frell have I to do with this . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by mustafar1: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
this una debate be like musical chairs, u guys just dey turn round and round adding and subtracting watever points u dont agree with even though it would help understand the other persons side grin grin grin grin

PS: understanding doesnt mean you concede
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
Do not get me wrong here. I do understand what he is saying, only there is a problem as he is trying to make it all seem as simple as it APPEARS when we have learnt, up to this point that things are not as they seem when it comes to NIgerian affairs.

Sure, I can easily believe that looking at the surface is all that is needed. But reality is only a month or two ago, this same dude was arguing that Zoning DID NOT EXIST. Now we learnt that infact Zoning has been in the PDP constitution for a while now(and I am yet to figure out how long it has), and so why should he continue to thnk it is all as it appears on the surface? We hear of a squabble in the PDP -- Jonathan has to this minute not even announced he wants to run for office. All we know is the other side continues to speak of how he cannot even do it because he does not qualify, citing zoning. I would think anyone out there would realize by now that there is a bigger reason, other than just zoning why they continue to stress this.

Sure, IBB, we all like to hate(I am considering withdrawing my citizenship if that man gets another go at that seat), but the man does have a right to play all the cards in his favour to get him a better chance to win, or doesn't he? Are we to discredit truth when he speaks it? Just because? I see now reason why. We have allowed people from the so-called FOR Jonathan camp lie to us on this zoning issue . . . now we know these people were lying, even Obasanjo lied to us in his bid to support Jonathan, we ought to ask why? We ought to take a deeper look to better understand what is really going on . . . part the fluff we continue to get from the media to understand the core issue here or risk being fooled yet again by the same Cabal.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
must_a_far:

this una debate be like musical chairs, u guys just dey turn round and round adding and subtracting watever points u dont agree with even though it would help understand the other persons side grin grin grin grin

PS: understanding doesnt mean you concede

The girl likes me but does not want to admit it  grin grin grin grin
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by mustafar1: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2010
lol. i understand both ur points but una wahala of not willing to consider the others point is what is driving the debate all over the place. what i am concerned about is why all these questions and agitations are being asked now. selfishness na bad thing
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2010
must_a_far:

lol. i understand both your points but una wahala of not willing to consider the others point is what is driving the debate all over the place. what i am concerned about is why all these questions and agitations are being asked now. selfishness na bad thing
What are you referring to? And please add info on what particular points of his I am unwilling to consider.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by mustafar1: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
all this zoning noise they have refused to let the ordinary ppl rest over. but u know what, it just simply outlines what politicians would do to each other.

rotation was always going to be a problem on the longterm and the time for that problem has come. it doesnt matter what level of government its tried. the intentions behind the whole agreement(whatever the agreement entailed i wont call it zoning) were not pure in the first place thats why they are crying wolf now
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
must_a_far:

rotation was always going to be a problem on the longterm and the time for that problem has come. it doesnt matter what level of government its tried. the intentions behind the whole agreement(whatever the agreement entailed i wont call it zoning) were not pure in the first place thats why they are crying wolf now

As we speak, rotation is still being implemented in other areas of office. . .  this problem seems to be with the presidency. Only last month or so Jonathan fired Ogbulafor and installed Nwodo . . why? Rotation. Alams after his "brief" hiatus was welcomed back into the fold and given office, how? Rotation.  So many other seats WITHIN the PDP are rotated.   No problems in those areas to date!

Are you sure it is the case that the group did not have a clear idea of this zoning from the get go? If you say, yes, I ask you for facts to buttress this point.
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by jamace(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
Talk is cheap and action is expensive.

Most of our leaders like it cheap. grin
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2010
That usually across across the board!
Re: Cabal, Godfathers In Pdp To Go Next Month –nwodo by kobikwelu(m): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2010

Cabal, godfathers in PDP to go next month –Nwodo

By CHIDI OBINECHE
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The slogan “power” had been cornered by godfathers and godmothers.”

NA TODAY!!!!!! YNASH DON DEY BACK??

************moves on ***************

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Blame Falls Solely With Northerners / Itsekiri Protest Exclusion From Amnesty Programme / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Kills 2 Airforce Operatives In Kano Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.