Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is Religion An Infringement On Our Fundamental Human Rights???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion An Infringement On Our Fundamental Human Rights???? (212 Views)

A World Without Religion—an Improvement? / Inhuman To Humanity, Infringement On Fundamental Human Right / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Religion An Infringement On Our Fundamental Human Rights???? by temmyz16(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
As a Nigerian,our choice of religion depends solely on the type of environment and the family we were born into.as a child in a typical Nigeria family,its like an unwritten rule that we must practice our parent religion,failure to do that and we are termed a stubborn and disobedient child.
In my opinion,I think its an infringement on our fundamental human right.its not really my choice to be a christian but since I was born in a christian home that automatically means I must be one.as we became older and wiser it becomes part of our life because its registered in our subconscious as a child.
To be honest religion is the major problem in the world right now,it divides us and makes living together a serious situation..
Nigeria as an example is divided along religious line majorly even before we consider tribalism.if I'm made the president of Nigeria today,I'll probably be more favourable to christians than to muslims and its because of who we are.
On a final note,I think there should be a law against imposing religion or religious activities on a child until he/she is old enough to decide what they want.by that they will learn how to live together without any religion descrimination which in turn promote unity.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion An Infringement On Our Fundamental Human Rights???? by temmyz16(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
Cc.OAM4J
LALASTICLALA

(1) (Reply)

Breaking The Spell Of Jinx. / Christmas Is Pagan Doctrine By Sir Richard Umoren / Chrismas Or Xmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.