Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent (450 Views)

'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent by kalex9: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Please, is it lawful for a landlord to disconnect my electricity (though I don't owe him electricity money) just because I paid half payment of my house rent? I wrote to him to give me two months to balance him but after three weeks that I paid my landlord, he disconnected my electricity and instructed gate man not allow me to park my car inside the premise, he indeed threatens to cut my water and lock me out. The money I paid him will be expired on the 15th of March next year.
Please, can anyone advise me on what to do?
Re: My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
He is just being wicked. If actually you wrote to him and he accepted. Then he shouldn't have done that. If I may ask, after you wrote to him what then what his response?
If your landlord lives in same compound with you...then I don't think it's appropriate writing him a letter. You should have gone to his house and have a heart to heart talk with him on the rent delay...an understanding landlord will extend your payment in as much as you have given him half payment. Pls I advise you get a lawyer. It's very wrong.
Re: My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent by RSVP: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
I will not advice you to balance up your house rent but would rather tell you to go seek a good legal practional advice and start looking for better apartment to move into.

I personally can't tolerate a psychopathic patient as my landlord. You don't have any business with him since you are not owing for house rent!.

Call him and let him understand he is doing too much and if he won prove strong head..

Je ko mo smiley

Arrange soja for him.

On a second note... I hope your hands sef dey clean sha. sad
Re: My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent by kalex9: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
He was not in Nigeria when I paid him, that was why we couldn't talk face to face and he came into the country a week ago. He did not reply to my letter that was why I thought his silence means consent until when he disconnected my electricity.
Re: My Landlord Giving Me Problem After Paying Half Payment Of Rent by jp130(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Try n meet him one on one and talk. He may not have gotten the letter or may be angry for the extension to pay up. If he is denying u these things, he is tampering with your tenancy rights which isn't lawful at all. Meet him and have a chat and demand an apology for tampering with your rights without your due permissions

(1) (Reply)

A Complete Guide To Home,office Fire Prevention And Safety / A Newly Built Detached 4brd Duplex With Bq / Semi Detached 4brd Duplex With Bq / These Doors Will Secure Your Home Amd Make Your Living Colourful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.