Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,777 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' (23242 Views)

Cost Of Rent In Akwa Ibom State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by nlfpmod: 10:23am On May 25
I’m not even profiling but Yahoo boys are one of the major reasons we have rent hike in Ikorodu and other extreme neighborhoods in Lagos like Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe (A bit into Ogun).

These guys can afford Lekki, Yaba and Surulere but they will never stay there because oka ma fo. They need hiding places. Most of the people living in Yaba are working class rich boys who wants to be close to their workplaces. Yahoo boys don’t need proximity to the CBD, they just want somewhere conducive, far from ojutaye, where they can on gen 24/7 while riding Benz.

Guess who is suffering from their decisions? The low income earner who chose to live in Ikorodu where he can pay small rent. He can’t anymore because these boys have brought money into the hood. O ma nka mi lara 😡

Lola Okunrin

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by BabbanBura(m): 10:36am On May 25
nlfpmod:

Lola Okunrin

These guys are a serious menace to morality - they turned alot of our girls to Oloshos, enticed landlords to increase rents astronomically, cajoled our youths into laziness and seeking quick fraudulent wealth, finished weak parents and elders into supporting fraud by turning blind eyes to their activities, and became the worst role models for young chaps who now see school and hard work as punishment since they can still hammer using fraud while living soft lives

274 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:40am On May 25
undecided

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by damilola4162(m): 10:40am On May 25
In other news: Anyone who finds Mohbad's Killer will get 50 million naira- ATFJ founder promise

Details here: https://newspremises.com.ng/anyone-who-finds-mohbads-killer-will-get-50-million-naira-atfj-founder-promise/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by id4sho(m): 10:40am On May 25
Aza Men

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Afonja007: 10:41am On May 25
Your 100% right

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by ZUBY77(m): 10:41am On May 25
Identify and report them to the authorities.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by spartachico(m): 10:41am On May 25
So true
So true
It's a shame tho because all these landlords and housing agents are becoming gullible

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Seunpapa65: 10:41am On May 25
True polo of 5k is now 20k
Cause of same Yahoo boys funny enough girls now don dey leave their serious boyfriends for Yahoo boys
After the go tell you nah grace whereas na juju who dey work hard pass

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by casdgreat(m): 10:41am On May 25
Eyahh
Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by LongwayGone2021: 10:41am On May 25
No lies. Making it look like the decent or non-yahoo income earners are lazy...and unproductive.

It's frustrating.

Pre-EndSARS, it wasn't like this!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by jargonzboi(m): 10:41am On May 25
Where's the lie

11 Likes

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Jammy2012(m): 10:41am On May 25
grin
Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Tywo2018: 10:41am On May 25
Those Boys na God go touch them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by ecolime(m): 10:41am On May 25
cry

Say no to fraud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Rebuke: 10:42am On May 25
Lol. I remembered a property we wanted to rent and the agent in charge was asking if we were coded Bobo. I was confused and I asked, "coded Bobo, how do yhu mean?

The man now laughed and said I should know what he meant by that na. And he said, for anyone to come for this house despite the proposed rent, the person must have plenty money na undecided

That was when my colleague responded by telling him what we needed the place for and that we are not into yahoyahoo or any shady business. The man now apologized and went on to explain that they usually ask so that they can let their clients know wether it's safe location for them or not.

At that point, I got the whole gist and I was somehow upset and I asked him, so this is how yhu ask everyone coming to check properties eh?

The man said even when they're advertising some available properties that they usually indicate if coded bobos are alllowed into the apartment or not.....

I asked him, "so if they say they're coded Bobo yu will allow them, he said "yes na, except the place isn't the kind of place they can stay. Ah, na them dey even pay real money now o".

Since then, I know say naija don spoil finish.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by bentenny(m): 10:42am On May 25
It's everywhere!
Because of yahoo boys,a good one bedroom rented apartment that used to be 250-300k is now between 400-550k!
Secondly,what is the government doing about housing?

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Kobicove(m): 10:42am On May 25
Death to all scammers!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by C2Ok: 10:42am On May 25
That’s a debatable issue, many factors contribute to the sudden hike of rents in these places, I’ll say that the lack of landlords with contentment is one of these factors, many landlords today seek to get as much rent as possible thereby seeking yahoo boys who have the means of satisfying them

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by MrIcredible: 10:42am On May 25
Senseless nonsense!

YAHOO BOYS OR SENSELESS GREEDY LANDLORDS AND SO-CALLED AGENTS?

I think the Lagos state government should criminalise this agency nonsense.
Any fool caught calling himself agent should be arrested and jailed.
They are the ones instigating all these ridiculous rentages.

You will rent a flat for 500k and one bastard jobless fool will want to collect about 200k for agency fee

If you're one of the so-called agents and you're reading this, IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH YOU.

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by LoveJesus87(m): 10:43am On May 25
sad
Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by ElidazielMN2(m): 10:43am On May 25
Let all pray the economy get better

But meanwhile

I do offer a third eyes / Spiritual eyes opening service,

You can check my profile to read more about that

Thank you
Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Blaze14k: 10:43am On May 25
Ok it's no longer igbo people. Yoruba are the worse propaganda machine in Nigeria. Crazy people that don't want progress of others

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by ZaddyJ: 10:43am On May 25
Really I'm going to inform my brother About this good news so he can increase his rent. Hes been taling 150k for two bedroom Annually from his tenant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by BareFacedLies(m): 10:43am On May 25
kelechiodo:
And greedy landlords are every ready to embrace them.

spartachico:
So true
So true
It's a shame tho because all these landlords and housing agents are becoming gullible

Are you saying thay if you were a landlord you would not give your house to the highest bidder in this present Nigeria where the price of everyting in the market has more than doubled?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by kelechiodo(m): 10:43am On May 25
And greedy landlords are every ready to embrace them.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Kellie069(m): 10:43am On May 25
Make everybody go find money! Make you leave talk for veryDarkBlackMan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by Oloki: 10:43am On May 25
Self con in ikorodu ranges between 350 to 450k. Unless you want to go to estreem where you will spend like 3k everyday to get to your house

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by SoNature(m): 10:43am On May 25
Yahoo boys have kept many highbrow businesses growing in Nigeria and those businesses pay taxes to the government. Yahoo-Yahoo is the reason why we don't have violent crimes in Southern Nigeria like Northern Nigeria.

Yes, yahoo has its negative impact, but I cannot be quick to criticise them because they live in a country where their leaders have failed them. It takes a lot of discipline and rectitude to live in Nigeria and not get involved in crime.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by femi4: 10:44am On May 25
The landlords are culprits too, given out their apartments to people without a reasonable source of income

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Yahoo Boys Are The Cause Of Rent Hike In Ikorodu, Bogije, Lakowe, Mowe' by ecomalchemistt(m): 10:44am On May 25
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Simple Guild To The Construction Of Timber Roof Truss In Nigeria / Building Collapse:Causes, Prevention And Remedies / What Are The Types Of Roofing Materials, Costs And Scenario Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.